Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Was pretty disappointed about Rob getting voted off last night, but it was probably the right move for the rest of his tribe.
    I would love to hear an explanation why it was good for the Sele folks to vote off another member of their group, putting Dakal at an 8-6 advantage among players still in the game. We now have 3 tribes, 2 with a Dakal majority and a third that is 2-2. I am betting we see nothing but Sele boots for a few episodes in a row as a result of that tribe not being focused on advancing as many of their members forward as they can.

Why take out Rob? He is widely feared enough so that he will have a tough time making a lasting alliance with a large number of players. He is far from being a challenge demon (his puzzle prowess has clearly faded over the years and he is not a physical threat). Now, I agree that none of these folks want to sit next to him at the end and see him weave words of magic that hypnotize the jury, I get that fear. But you gotta put yourself in position to make the finals before you worry about who you will sit with. The folks on Sele were so worried about the end game, they have made it so it is going to be very hard for them to ever get there. I am shocked that winners are making the same mistakes rookies make.

Really getting antsy to see something happen with Edge of Extinction and/or the Fire Tokens.
    Agreed 100% on this. Thy have made the fire tokens out to be something meaningful, but we are yet to see anyone use one for anything. I suspect they won't start booting people off Edge for a few episodes more because they want to keep ratings-gold Rob around as long as they can... and I suspect he ain't beating Natalie in a challenge to get back in the game.

-Jason "I'm liking Yul's position thus far... I think he goes far" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Wow, 2 legends voted out in one night.

Good move by Denise. Too bad she wasted an idol on Jeremy.

I was almost dancing with joy .i dont want to sooil it.but when she went home yes.sitting out every challenge drove me nuts.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Wow, 2 legends voted out in one night.

Good move by Denise. Too bad she wasted an idol on Jeremy.
    I don’t think she wasted it. She had to play it for Jeremy to make sure the queen went to EoE. If Sandra or somebody else split the vote (voted for Jeremy), then on the revote, it would have been 2-1 on Jeremy.

From what we could tell, Jeremy only voted for Denise so not to make one of the other three mad at him.

Wasted in the sense of hindsight. It was the right move for her to make given what she knew at the time.

Agree on Sandra. My wife and I complained each week when she sat out the challenge. I thought they had rules that you couldn’t sit out consecutive challenges? I guess the rules change from time to time, but that was infuriating.

I love that Sandra, who fancies herself such a brilliant tactician, actually put the tools in Denise's hands to get rid of Sandra. She gave Denise the only vote that counted... and of course Denise used it on her because it allowed Denise to save a fire token.

Speaking of fire tokens... Tyson bought the world's biggest jar of peanut butter (that he ate with a clam shell). How did he not save it to use as an advantage at the return challenge? I froze the screen when they showed the fire token menu and it was clear that you could use up to 3 fire tokens for advantages in the return challenge. Natalie has four, right? She's going to crush whatever that challenge is (even though I expect it to include at least one tough puzzle as a way of getting Boston Rob back into the game).

-Jason "the first of what will be probably two return to the game challenges has to be coming up soon" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Even though she’s won twice, Sandra is one of the most overrated players in the history of the game. I also thoroughly enjoyed that Denise double crossed her.

Most of the players I was rooting for are out already. Not sure who I like that is left.

Even though she’s won twice, Sandra is one of the most overrated players in the history of the game. I also thoroughly enjoyed that Denise double crossed her.

Most of the players I was rooting for are out already. Not sure who I like that is left.
    I find Yul, Jeremy, and Sophie to be likable. I would have said the same about Wendell coming into this season but this season's edit has shown a very different side of him. His interactions with Michelle give a new meaning to the word awkward. A close second is Nick and his childhood crush on Parv. Felt like Chris Harrison was going to step in for Probst at the last challenge.

At this point I'm most curious about what happens to the folks at exile. Does one person come back in very late like Chris? Will more than one come back? At what point do they re-enter? There are a lot of twists and turns the show can still throw at us as we get towards the back half of the season.

Overall I am enjoying the season and seeing all winners and known players in the game. Looking forward to seeing how the rest plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I find Yul, Jeremy, and Sophie to be likable. I would have said the same about Wendell coming into this season but this season's edit has shown a very different side of him. His interactions with Michelle give a new meaning to the word awkward. A close second is Nick and his childhood crush on Parv. Felt like Chris Harrison was going to step in for Probst at the last challenge.

At this point I'm most curious about what happens to the folks at exile. Does one person come back in very late like Chris? Will more than one come back? At what point do they re-enter? There are a lot of twists and turns the show can still throw at us as we get towards the back half of the season.

Overall I am enjoying the season and seeing all winners and known players in the game. Looking forward to seeing how the rest plays out.
    Maybe the folks on Exile Island all come back as a complete tribe!??! Then after the merge have multiple eliminations at tribals - everyone vote for two (or three) and the three (or four) top vote-getters are gone! Not sure how the numbers work out to get down to the final two or three by day 39, but oh, I like that idea!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Maybe the folks on Exile Island all come back as a complete tribe!??! Then after the merge have multiple eliminations at tribals - everyone vote for two (or three) and the three (or four) top vote-getters are gone! Not sure how the numbers work out to get down to the final two or three by day 39, but oh, I like that idea!
    I had thought about that too - “congrats on making the merge, but now here is the zombie tribe from exile and we are starting all over again!” But there are 2 issues - first is the logistics of having everyone back in the game; I guess you could solve with multiple eliminations. Second would be that we spent half the season voting people out with no consequence which I don’t think they would do. But Survivor loves twists and changing the rules so who knows.

Seems like each week, I pick a new favorite to root for. And then each week they get booted.

I get why they were nervous about Yul but Wendell has shown himself to be a jerk and unreliable. Not sure why they would keep him around.

Probst said something about the old school players not being able to play the new school game. I think that’s completely wrong. My theory is that the new school players grew up watching and idolizing the old school players and that made them more likely to be afraid of their potential and make them targets. Old school players were a little too slow to see this (some did like Tyson) and were then picked off when they didn’t band together and tried working with others.

Glad for a little action on Edge of Extinction. Will be interested to see if those fire tokens rob got so anything.

I didn’t like Sandra coming in and I really don’t like her now. That was a loser way to go out by quitting. She may call herself the Queen but it just ain’t true.

Merge coming next week so hopefully we start seeing some fire token action and/or returns from Edge of Extinction.

I can’t be the only one caught up watching. We are stuck at home.

Lets go people! I want to hear your thoughts, predictions, complaints, etc.!

Seems like each week, I pick a new favorite to root for. And then each week they get booted.

I get why they were nervous about Yul but Wendell has shown himself to be a jerk and unreliable. Not sure why they would keep him around.

Probst said something about the old school players not being able to play the new school game. I think that’s completely wrong. My theory is that the new school players grew up watching and idolizing the old school players and that made them more likely to be afraid of their potential and make them targets. Old school players were a little too slow to see this (some did like Tyson) and were then picked off when they didn’t band together and tried working with others.

Glad for a little action on Edge of Extinction. Will be interested to see if those fire tokens rob got so anything.

I didn’t like Sandra coming in and I really don’t like her now. That was a loser way to go out by quitting. She may call herself the Queen but it just ain’t true.

Merge coming next week so hopefully we start seeing some fire token action and/or returns from Edge of Extinction.
    What ever it took as long as shes gone.
    I suspect she knew rob would do her in at first chance.

Bummed that Yul got taken out. I thought he was in good position for a long run but it is clear that the young folks want to get rid of the old legends. I would imagine the Extinction folks are going to have a shot at coming back into the game in the next episode or two. I mean, at some point you have to begin to create a jury so they can be informed about who is doing what among the players still in the game. I think it would be kind fun to have all the eliminated players, even Sandra, be the jury. That would be quite a vote!

So, Rob now has as many fire tokens as Natalie. They will each be able to use them to get 3 "head starts" at the return challenge. That will be fun to watch. Hope Tyson is enjoying his peanut butter. I wonder what he will buy with his other token.

Quick thoughts:

Wanted Rob to come back, but am ok with Tyson. Frankly, whichever one came back from Edge was who I’d be rooting for. Not a fan of the New School players.

Was glad to see Wendell go. He was living on borrowed time and I’m shocked he didn’t go weeks ago.

Interesting that basically everyone is on the jury. Except for Sandra. That should make an interesting visual at the reunion show.

Really looking forward to seeing how Jeremy uses his advantage - leave tribal before voting.

I’m constantly amazed each season by the choice of clothes people bring. How does everyone not being a suit jacket like Nick? Pants that convert to shorts? Seems like they are always I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ing about being cold and wet but are standing around in bikinis.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quick thoughts:

Wanted Rob to come back, but am ok with Tyson. Frankly, whichever one came back from Edge was who I’d be rooting for. Not a fan of the New School players.

Was glad to see Wendell go. He was living on borrowed time and I’m shocked he didn’t go weeks ago.

Interesting that basically everyone is on the jury. Except for Sandra. That should make an interesting visual at the reunion show.

Really looking forward to seeing how Jeremy uses his advantage - leave tribal before voting.

I’m constantly amazed each season by the choice of clothes people bring. How does everyone not being a suit jacket like Nick? Pants that convert to shorts? Seems like they are always I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ing about being cold and wet but are standing around in bikinis.
    I was hoping for Rob as well. Not a fan of Tyson.

I should ask, WHAT reunion show? 21 Skype windows on the screen?

My understanding is that the producers select the clothing for the players, to a great extent. Nick is a lawyer, so he gets the coat. Others get similar clothes, although for this round, I'm guessing the players had a bigger voice.

You may have noticed that Sophie, who was shivering pre-challenge in her shorts and top, added a long-sleeve cover and longer pants during the challenge. Not as bad as the previous week, when she had on a bathing suit bottom to start the challenge, then midway added longer shorts without ever dropping the water-carrying thing they had. (My speculation is that after the challenge, they do staged follow-up shots in case they didn't capture something the first time. Not fixing the challenge, just "editing" in parts to tell the story.)

Good point about the reunion show.

I looked it up and you are correct about the clothing. I had never heard that before (that the producers choose outfits, etc).

Wow, the edit on last nights show was quality work. The pre-tribal scramble was hilarious. Also, great work by Probst when Adam tried to get the fleur de lis.

Wow, the edit on last nights show was quality work. The pre-tribal scramble was hilarious. Also, great work by Probst when Adam tried to get the fleur de lis.
    I am not sure what Adam's plan was at Tribal but if there was any question about who the group would try to take out, he eliminated it by being really combative. When you are on the chopping block and there is clearly still scrambling going on at tribal, don't continue to antagonize people! Considering all these people won the game, some of them still have very weak self-awareness.

I thought for a moment that Nick might be in trouble because he too answered Jeff's question with a very strident response but the group wanted Adam out more, probably an indication of how likely Nick is to find allies with whom he can take control of the game. Despite the previews showing more and more scrambling and shifting alliances, I strongly suspect Nick will be next to go.

Did Parvati really just sell a 50-50 immunity for 4 fire tokens?!?! Whaaaaat?!?! That is a stiff price to pay and enough of a price so that Parv can get peanut butter for everyone while still having tokens to give her an advantage at the next challenge. I suspect we will see another "everyone wins a fire token if they can endure this" challenge at Extinction this week or next. Need to replenish the tokens in the game.

-Jason "Adam is a lousy challenge competitor... he's got no shot at winning his way back into the game against Yul, Rob, Natalie and others" Evans