Ken Osmond Passes -- Played Eddie Haskell

Eddie Haskell was a truly memorable sitcom character.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    So, so sad. Loved Ken Osmond’s portrayal of Eddie in one of the all-time great TV sitcoms.

Eddie Haskell -- a truly loathsome character in the show -- who, through Osmond's characterization, became really loved by TV viewers -- he was smarmy and obsequious in front of adults and conniving whentheir backs were turned. I suppose he was loved because he was so vulnerable as a character.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Eddie Haskell -- a truly loathsome character in the show -- who, through Osmond's characterization, became really loved by TV viewers -- he was smarmy and obsequious in front of adults and conniving whentheir backs were turned. I suppose he was loved because he was so vulnerable as a character.
    I'm not doing a good job here. Osmond played this character straight -- not for yucks, or as a Stooge -- just as a character in a series for years and years. He didn't camp it up.
    Sage Grouse

I'm not doing a good job here. Osmond played this character straight -- not for yucks, or as a Stooge -- just as a character in a series for years and years. He didn't camp it up.
    If any member was going to drop by and pile it on for this thread, I would have guessed DBR's own eddiehaskell.

His IMDb entry indicates that he was nominated for a TV Land Award in 2006 for "Character Most Desperately in Need of a Timeout". (He lost to Nellie from Little House on the Prairie and Dee from What's Happening.)

Here's a clip of Ken Osmond being Haskellish on Happy Days:

the older you get, the more Eddie Haskells you see in the world...