View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Florida State tonight?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vernon Carey Jr.

0 0%
  • Wendell Moore Jr.

1 0.89%
  • Cassius Stanley

0 0%
  • Jordan Goldwire

87 77.68%
  • Tre Jones

4 3.57%
  • Javin Delaurier

2 1.79%
  • Jack White

0 0%
  • Joey Baker

0 0%
  • Alex O'Connell

0 0%
  • Matthew Hurt

18 16.07%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I gave Javin some love for this one. I went back and watched the last 5 minutes. This is the active Javin we need. Coach K mentioned him in the presser and what a great workout he had yesterday. I think it showed.

I had to think for a bit - Hurt, who I have criticized just today but whose work from the line sealed the game, or JGold, who tied for the team lead in scoring and was a Laettner-like perfect from the field?

I went with JGold. I've been big on him since he was signed, as I figured he was a lock to NOT go pro, and Duke could always use a veteran PG in later years. I'm happy to be proven right.

But Hurt played great in crunch time. Yeah, he could have been called for a foul, even a flagrant one on that last board. But it was such a key board, and he was just solid from the line.

Hats also off to AOC (who is regaining form nicely), DeLaurier (nice stat stuffing game... and the best one? only 2 fouls in 20 minutes!) and Carey, who quietly put up another double-double.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    I had to think for a bit - Hurt, who I have criticized just today but whose work from the line sealed the game, or JGold, who tied for the team lead in scoring and was a Laettner-like perfect from the field?

I went with JGold. I've been big on him since he was signed, as I figured he was a lock to NOT go pro, and Duke could always use a veteran PG in later years. I'm happy to be proven right.

But Hurt played great in crunch time. Yeah, he could have been called for a foul, even a flagrant one on that last board. But it was such a key board, and he was just solid from the line.

Hats also off to AOC (who is regaining form nicely), DeLaurier (nice stat stuffing game... and the best one? only 2 fouls in 20 minutes!) and Carey, who quietly put up another double-double.

9F
    No. Absolutely not. He *never* touched the f$u player who was hit in the face by his own teammate. All over twitter in another thread, I think.

Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/Dukeblogger/stat...59738673844234
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Goldwire was my guy for MOTM.
    Matt second.
    Carey third.

Tre was gassed near the end. He was a warrior in the UNC game, took a lot out of him..

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Because he had laryngitis?
    since i couldn't vote for laryngitis, i had to go with goldwire....

Lot of guys stepped up.

I gave MOTM to JGold because his shooting AND his defense on Forest in the second half.

Honorable Mention to:

Matthew Hurt for manly plays
    Javin Delaurier for great D, rebounds, and hitting the front end of a 1 and 1
    Alex O'Connell for lighting a fire when needed