Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Here's another angle on Hurt: https://twitter.com/i/status/1227059738673844234

-jk
    question for the twitter guy: what part of having your knee in another guys groin is legal guarding position?
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by ranantha1 View Post
    Anyone else hate when they go to that floor level camera angle? You can't see where the ball is going most of the time.
    Yes. There is only one good angle for live play in a basketball game.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Love the win. Love how all 9 guys who saw major minutes contributed. Tonight was JGs night though.

I was surprised by Jack’s lack of minutes, a physical game like this seemed made for him, especially with how fatigued the team must’ve been. Any mention of his lack of minutes in the post game?

Quote Originally Posted by ranantha1 View Post
    Anyone else hate when they go to that floor level camera angle? You can't see where the ball is going most of the time.
    I hate it even more than I hate the split screen.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Speaking of numbers, JGold is now shooting 38.9% from 3-point for the year, 14 makes on 36 attempts.

Who woulda thunk it?
    I kept mentioning Kenny Goins insane uptick in 3 point shooting between his junior and senior years over the summer as evidence that shooters can improve. Man is JG proving that!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    What a gutty win from a team that was exhausted. We played well in spurts but could not sustain a high level of effort due to fatigue. Bench play really picked us up especially in the first half, moving the ball and providing good energy. Loved seeing a strong game from Hurt, hitting the threes early and the free throws late.
    Don't forget he had a great block in the first half after getting smoked on a blow by a few plays before

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRyan View Post
    Quite simply one of my favorite non-splashy (as in, not Kentucky last year) Duke performances. I really, really didn't think we'd have it in us to win this game, and though it feels very weird to say "proud," I kinda feel proud of what I saw. It also keeps us in the ACC hunt, and I think Louisville has at least two losses on the schedule while ours gets easier. What a gutty win.
    Completely agree. Gutsiest win of the year, and this speaks a lot about our guys and how we are growing as a team. We beat a really good team that is one of the 5 best in the country off of an emotional win. Goldie was great, and Moore has been huge since his comeback. Proud of our guys, for sure.

Carey didn’t see nearly as much floor time tonight as I expected.

Gritty (albeit sloppy) play for a tough win.

notes

there was some great inside passes early in the game. the vernon assist to cassius was beautiful. I wanted to see more of it on saturday when we were in the slump, so wasa glad to see it ttonight. FSU started packing it in more, and for a time, we started getting forced too low, and ultimately turned the ball over a lot...but we all know that. The ball movement was often too slow, and this allowed FSU to collapse when we DID get a little bit of space. Hopefully the fact that there was some movement inside will be something to build on.

We succeeded in finding open shooters, though, and that was enough to keep us in the lead.

I really liked the physicality moore showed. I think he's still finding his way back into the offense, but he is a tough MF on defense. After FSU was getting chippy, he chipped right back. I though the refs did a good job controlling it, calling a couple weak fouls...something they failed to do most of the night...

Anyway, great win given the circumstances. FSU is a really good team. not #8 in the country, but good...and we played toe toe toe with them in a less-than-ideal situation. We better get used to that 1 day turnaround.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Completely agree. Gutsiest win of the year, and this speaks a lot about our guys and how we are growing as a team. We beat a really good team that is one of the 5 best in the country off of an emotional win. Goldie was great, and Moore has been huge since his comeback. Proud of our guys, for sure.
    Big momentum changing moments from so many players at so many different times...
    Tre
    Wendell
    Cash
    AOC
    J Gold
    Hurt
    Vernon
    Joey
    Javin
    (did I miss anyone? Jack really didn't have a moment...but he will next game).

That's a great team win.

Vernon Carey - one of best 20 players in America and our only strong inside presence with 20 minutes? What is up with that?

Any word on Goldwire's injury ?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Vernon Carey - one of best 20 players in America and our only strong inside presence with 20 minutes? What is up with that?
    playing on short rest, and was not particularly effective against the pack-it-in defense. plus he was still being very weak with the ball. He's got to learn to be stronger with the ball, or he's going to find his minutes limited against this type of defense.

We were far better off shooting over it and delaurier is a better defender.
    April 1

I think the out of bounds review was actually a shot clock violation. That is what FSU complained about, but ESPN didn’t pick up on it or show a reply with a clock. The clock was reset but our shot didn’t hit the rim and there wasn’t a change of possession.

Carey may have hit a wall a little. 4 games in 9 days, and he has to drag a little more weight around the court than some others. LOVED Goldwires contributions today, and Javin and Alex had huge contributions. We have a TEAM this year! They may not win it all, but this is proving to be a very enjoyable season for the fans!

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Carey got a quick hook and some extra pine time early in the second half after Forrest stole the ball from him when he didn't secure a defensive rebound strongly.

Then for most of the last 9 minutes of the 2nd half Javin's defense was more important than Carey's offense. K was trying to switch them offense/defense as much as possible but Javin had a long stretch from about to the 6 minute to the 4 min mark (when FSU called timeout after Moore's layup) where he stayed in the game because of no stoppages
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I knew #4 fouled someone.
    #4 fouled EVERYONE. He hip checks Hurt (causing him to eventually fall) before clocking his teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby91 View Post
    I think the out of bounds review was actually a shot clock violation. That is what FSU complained about, but ESPN didn’t pick up on it or show a reply with a clock. The clock was reset but our shot didn’t hit the rim and there wasn’t a change of possession.
    Hmmm I think you're right. I thought it was an odd call and that'd be a reasonable explanation.

Great win from a team that really dug deep after a murderous stretch of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Any word on Goldwire's injury ?
    Good question - did Goldwire come back in and finish the game?