Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRyan View Post
    Quite simply one of my favorite non-splashy (as in, not Kentucky last year) Duke performances. I really, really didn't think we'd have it in us to win this game, and though it feels very weird to say "proud," I kinda feel proud of what I saw...What a gutty win.
    Can’t spork...perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Here's another angle on Hurt: https://twitter.com/i/status/1227059738673844234

-jk
    Man I thought the same thing seeing it live but thought someone in the production truck would've whispered in Bilas or McDonough's ear to let them know it was flop city.

Yet the "Duke gets all the calls" cliche keeps going strong.

Amazing win, this team has so much fight.

I thought this would be a Jack White game, but Goldwire, Jav, AOC and Hurt had other ideas. I’ll even include Joey. The depth was on display tonight.

It helps that decent FT shooting teams are falling apart against us.

Hurt’s rebound is one of the plays of the year so far, as was Jordan’s improbable lay-up and Cassius’ hustle back to get forearmed in the neck by Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Means nothing until you have Pomeroy's numbers.
    Speaking of numbers, JGold is now shooting 38.9% from 3-point for the year, 14 makes on 36 attempts.

Who woulda thunk it?

ESPN video for game link says controversial call goes Duke’s way. No mention of the ridiculously blown out of bounds play. No mention that video shows there was no contact by Hurt. Duke hate sells.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Man I thought the same thing seeing it live but thought someone in the production truck would've whispered in Bilas or McDonough's ear to let them know it was flop city.

Yet the "Duke gets all the calls" cliche keeps going strong.
    It all began with Billy Packer. Since then it seems the college basketball world hates Duke, but that's ok, that means we keep winning.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    oh man, are the pro Dukies having fun on this one....

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Speaking of numbers, JGold is now shooting 38.9% from 3-point for the year, 14 makes on 36 attempts.

Who woulda thunk it?
    Especially considering the corkscrew spin it has...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Who woulda thunk it?
    Shoot Jordan, Shoot!!!

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Especially considering the corkscrew spin it has...

-jk
    No more Thomas Hill film for him!

Hamilton has really built what K calls a program at FSU. They have a similar identity almost every year. Tough, long, athletic. Kudos to Bunny.

As for our guys. What toughness! They deserve some ice baths and a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    oh man, are the pro Dukies having fun on this one...
    Yep and the ESPN talking/twitter heads crawl back in their shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    ESPN video for game link says controversial call goes Duke’s way. No mention of the ridiculously blown out of bounds play. No mention that video shows there was no contact by Hurt. Duke hate sells.
    All day in discussions on various ESPN shows about the Duke/UNC game the “bad no-call” toward the end of the game was majored on. I expect nothing less from that network.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Terrible headline

09DECCCC-89EC-4537-ABE0-3FA80139C8EC.jpg
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee View Post
    Hamilton has really built what K calls a program at FSU. They have a similar identity almost every year. Tough, long, athletic. Kudos to Bunny.

As for our guys. What toughness! They deserve some ice baths and a day off.
    Will K give them tomorrow off since no game till Saturday?

Anyone else hate when they go to that floor level camera angle? You can't see where the ball is going most of the time.

In the last 48 hours we had tough games with different guys really stepping up and being on the floor at winning time. That’s my favorite thing about these wins.

Also, both opponents ran our butts off. Can’t imagine the leg fatigue!
    No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    He was hit... just not by Hurt.
    I knew #4 fouled someone.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    All day in discussions on various ESPN shows about the Duke/UNC game the “bad no-call” toward the end of the game was majored on. I expect nothing less from that network.
    And here in the Triangle the David Glenn types run with it harder. They get their cues from ESPN and the “call” becomes unforgivable. He actually opened his discussion with a several minutes tirade that Roy has more National championships than K since Roy at Cheatville.

https://www.facebook.com/DukeMBB/vid...5733592786861/

Coach K's presser is priceless. I linked it using the Facebook link which is where I saw it...I hope it works for you.

"I love my players, really love them". The anti-Roy. He was downright giddy with this win.

Listen to how the coaches scouted FSU. Nate James broke their team into drivers, shooters, and bigs and they just had to learn where each player fit to understand how to defend them. They didn't need to learn each player's idiosyncrasies, just which box they fit into. Brilliant. They didn't have time with the short turnaround to do more than that. Interesting insight into coaching.

Says this team need more support than last year's from the fans. Not a dig on the fans, just a request for more.