Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but -- is that really true?!? (Followed sorta by twitter and game tracker, no ACCN here)
    According to the box score UNC did not call a single timeout.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    [Jon Lovitz voice] "Coaching!" [/Jon Lovitz voice]

Thanks, tbyers and Neal.

I saw that last night and thought it couldn’t possibly be true. How do you go down by 20 in the first half, and not call a timeout to try and slow the opponent’s momentum? Truly shocking!

Why prolong the agony? Sounds like good coaching to me. Bus driver got places to be, people to run over.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Why prolong the agony? Sounds like good coaching to me. Bus driver got places to be, people to run over.
    ...but when they play that poorly, who on earth gets to pick where the bus stops for the postgame meal?

Maybe he was distracted by the thought of his press conference. Or by trying to remember what they did in practice that they have forgotten already...

I'm not enjoying the UNC disaster as much as I thought I would. It's kinda fun, I loved Duke crushing their spirit on Saturday, but now I'm looking at them as just sad and pathetic. I used to say that I would never, ever, ever, see a way that I would root for them in a game. Not once. But now, I do hope they play spoiler and beat UVA and Louisville. Don't think they will, but I'll actually be hoping for it. Never thought I'd see the day.

Roy is a really nice guy...

...he's just trying to save Danny Manning's job.

Because that is the only reason you lose to WF by 15+ to the worst ACC team in the last decade.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I saw that last night and thought it couldn’t possibly be true. How do you go down by 20 in the first half, and not call a timeout to try and slow the opponent’s momentum? Truly shocking!
    Huck spent a good part of his press conference bemoaning the fact that his players didn't follow what they practiced. Well, isn't that sort of what a time out can accomplish?

Same with his complaint about not playing with energy. That doesn't happen with us too often, but when it does there is a time out for K to give a blistering motivation "talk."

I really think that Huck sets his game plans (which he is very good at creating) but has minimal in-game management skills. "I taught you what to do Thursday -- go out and do it."

Cole played so poorly last night, even Roy acknowledged it in his post-game press conference.

(Having said that, Cole is an NBA-level talent. He's just playing for a coach, and in a rigid system, that does not suit him).
    I'm maybe the biggest proponent on here of "Roy tanks top-15 recruits' draft stocks," but even I'm shocked at some of the numbers Cole is putting up.

34.8% from the field, including 37.3% from 2-pt range (which includes a pathetic 41.7% at the rim), 3.5 assists to 3.8 turnovers a game (wow!), and a pathetic 92.1 offensive rating. Just horrible.

Even so, Cole will eventually become a great college player if he stays 3-4 years like some of Roy's previous top-15 recruits. Let's hope Cole leaves after this season.

Must spread around blah blah but thanks for the chuckle.

Huck spent a good part of his press conference bemoaning the fact that his players didn't follow what they practiced. Well, isn't that sort of what a time out can accomplish?

Same with his complaint about not playing with energy. That doesn't happen with us too often, but when it does there is a time out for K to give a blistering motivation "talk."

I really think that Huck sets his game plans (which he is very good at creating) but has minimal in-game management skills. "I taught you what to do Thursday -- go out and do it."
    I think this is accurate OPK. He has to be good at preparation but I agree he is not that coach that is typically going to make some game changing strategical move like say Coach K.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I'm maybe the biggest proponent on here of "Roy tanks top-15 recruits' draft stocks," but even I'm shocked at some of the numbers Cole is putting up.

34.8% from the field, including 37.3% from 2-pt range (which includes a pathetic 41.7% at the rim), 3.5 assists to 3.8 turnovers a game (wow!), and a pathetic 92.1 offensive rating. Just horrible.

Even so, Cole will eventually become a great college player if he stays 3-4 years like some of Roy's previous top-15 recruits. Let's hope Cole leaves after this season.
    In defense of Anthony’s A/TO, it’s hard to get assists when no one expects you to pass and some of those TOs are probably due to the shock of the recipient seeing the ball coming his way...

Could we wear maybe a different Jersey to the next cheat game.The cheats appear to like getting blown out by 20 to 30 points to people not wearing a Duke jersey just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Could we wear maybe a different Jersey to the next cheat game.The cheats appear to like getting blown out by 20 to 30 points to people not wearing a Duke jersey just sayin.
    [insert joke about last Saturday's horrid and unrecognizable uniforms here]

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post

Roy had the bus running at tip off.To hell w timeouts

Quote Originally Posted by DukeWarhead View Post
    I'm not enjoying the UNC disaster as much as I thought I would. It's kinda fun, I loved Duke crushing their spirit on Saturday, but now I'm looking at them as just sad and pathetic. I used to say that I would never, ever, ever, see a way that I would root for them in a game. Not once. But now, I do hope they play spoiler and beat UVA and Louisville. Don't think they will, but I'll actually be hoping for it. Never thought I'd see the day.
    Generally, I do not take glee in the struggles of others but considering UNC got away with figurative murder I smile at their situation.

I hope they get one more win: Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I hope they get one more win: Louisville.
    Nah. Let someone else get those needed victories.

More Happy Meals.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.