Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Derryck Thornton having a big game for BC vs NCSU. State working hard to get back in it...

State got hosed by that non out of bounds call. I also have little confidence they would have scored had they gotten the ball back down 1 instead of 3. They must be saving all their good plays for Wednesday.

and State's chances of making the NCAA tournament took a big hit tonight. 2 games vs Duke, 1 v FSU and 1 v "u"nc. If State beats FSU, Cheats, Pitt and Wake but not Duke they'd be 11-9 in the ACC. Would that get them in the Dance?

Pretty bad call at the end of the NCST game. Then, terrible execution on their part needing a three.

BC takes down NCSU 71-68 in Chestnut Hill.

BC improves to 13-13, 7-8.

NCSU falls to 16-9, 7-7.

NCSU is done. They are a weak team this year and way too inconsistent to be an NCAAT this year.

With that said, I fully expect them to give Duke all they want Wednesday night at PNC Arena in Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    State got hosed by that non out of bounds call. I also have little confidence they would have scored had they gotten the ball back down 1 instead of 3. They must be saving all their good plays for Wednesday.
    Why was the call incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    and State's chances of making the NCAA tournament took a big hit tonight. 2 games vs Duke, 1 v FSU and 1 v "u"nc. If State beats FSU, Cheats, Pitt and Wake but not Duke they'd be 11-9 in the ACC. Would that get them in the Dance?
    Unlikely. At this point, they probably need 2 wins minimum against the top 3 with no losses to anyone else. Could they get only 1 and make an ACC semis run and get in. Maybe, but I think at 11-9, they’d need a finals run with 2 wins vs the top 3 during that run. They have absolutely nothing thus far in the marquee win category, and very few good win

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    BC clearly dribbled the ball, stepped out of bounds while off balance without it, then came back in and grabbed the ball to pass to a teammate. He may have stepped out even before that, but that’s less clear. Either way it should have been called out of bounds or a violation., but it’s not a reviewable play.

I was wondering this as well. It appeared the BC player did not step OOB when the saved the ball from going out and pushed it toward his basket. Maybe he did but TV never showed a definitive down the sideline angle. He did then step out but re-established position with both feet inbounds before touching the ball.

Edit: Agree with WakeDevil that the refs did not think BC player had control on the "tap"
    Last edited by tbyers11; 02-16-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    BC clearly dribbled the ball, stepped out of bounds while off balance without it, then came back in and grabbed the ball to pass to a teammate. He may have stepped out even before that, but that’s less clear. Either way it should have been called out of bounds or a violation., but it’s not a reviewable play.
    It is obvious to me the official believed the player was not in control of the ball on the "tap" play. I agree with that call. We can differ on that.

The folks at Pack Pride.are going crazy over that play, but for the wrong reason. They do not know the rule.

ETA: That was some great last play. They were lost.

I'm getting ready for States' best game of the season Wed.nite in Raleigh against the Blue devils. After that, same ol'sloppy Pack the rest of the season. I hope we can weather their super bowl Wed.and pull out a victory.

It is obvious to me the official believed the player was not in control of the ball on the "tap" play. I agree with that call. We can differ on that.

The folks at Pack Pride.are going crazy over that play, but for the wrong reason. They do not know the rule.

ETA: That was some great last play. They were lost.
    Whether or not he controlled the ball is irrelevant. The rule is as follows:

A player who steps out of bounds under his own volition and then becomes the first player to touch the ball after returning to the playing court has committed a violation
    The BC player wasn’t pushed or bumped out by an NC State player, it was his own momentum while going for the loose ball. So once he steps out of bounds, he was ineligible to touch it until another player did, regardless of whether he established back in bounds. The only exception to this rule is irrelevant here as well as it has to do with players stepping out after a made fg.

This will get lost in the shuffle, but I highly encourage anyone that starts the weekly threads to transfer it. This is my favorite ACC tournament seeding simulator. Even though we all know what Duke has to do, it is useful to watch and predict (a) Duke's future opponents; and (b) how quickly UNC clinches last place.

http://bball.notnothing.net/acc.php?sport=mbb