Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post

Seen on IC: "I hope all 3 refs go home and find their wives in bed with someone else. They deserve it."

As Bilas would say "Did they establish legal defending position?"

Seven points in 21 seconds. Makes me think about a game in the 70s...

But, this time the good guys win.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    That interview was epic. Thanking his coach, who is a legend. And name-dropping the DBR nickname for another legend. Awesome
    This was a better win than the Rivers game

GTHC
    GTHC

Tre with the three best missed foul shots in history

Bwahahahahahahah! I friggin’ love it! The only appropriate feeling right now is utter glee not just at the win but the way they had to watch us sink a game tier and a game winner on their home floor. With the season they’re having? It’s like dumping all the Marachinos on their poo sundae!

We’re Duke, they suck - that is all .

5 thoughts:

1. I said it in the in-game over and over - you just gotta believe!!! As bad as Duke can play in any game, any year, I learned my final lesson last year at Louisville. Never, ever count Duke out completely. It may take a miracle, but K can push Duke into miracle situations all the f'ing time!!!! Yet ANOTHER comeback against the Heels for the win!

2. For those of us who were around then - payback for 1995. Just like Duke had no chance of winning that game, and failed in the end. This time, Carolina had no chance of winning this game, and fails in the end.

3. Talk about a guy putting a team on his back and willing it back into the game. What Jones did in the last 3:54 of regulation is historic. Reminds me of what Grant Hill did over and over in '94... And just like Duke kept not blocking out guys for boards, look what happened to UNC. Moore for an EASY putback for the win.

4. Good FT shooting continues. 76.5%, I'll take that any day. And of course, there was the one that they intentionally missed. Anyone remember that?

5. I'm too happy to be critical. 9F 9F 9F 9F

9F
    9F
    9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

IC is not a happy place right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ratamero View Post
    Credits to me on this one. Stopped watching at the under-8 timeout and stuck to it even when we came back.
    Maybe I deserve a little as well. Returned home from a two-week trip and turned the game on with six minutes left in regulation. Mentally conceded the game to UNC. And then,...
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Win probability chart, if anybody's interested:
    Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 9.06.48 PM.jpg

That was like watching the Rivers game x gone in 60 seconds.

What just happened? Twice?

Tre’s 2 best plays were both missed FT

Love this team. Thank you Tre and thank you Wendell! I'm one of those hopeless romantics who believes the good guys usually find a way to win. What an evening!

I think it was BillyDat or budwom that said, we were are a better team when we use all 10 players and I think that was especially so tonight. The guys showed HEART and GUTS tonight and they never gave up. Alex, Joey and Jordan all stepped up in their own way. Great team win with Tre leading the way at the end of regulation and OT. Now ESPN can show a Duke vs. Uncheat OT game that the good guys won.

GoDuke!

Oh, the cheats won almost every block-charge call tonight. Teddy stepping up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull City Proud View Post

GTHC
    GTHC
    I beg to differ. But what a great argument to have - which epic Duke comeback/Carolina choke is better? Hahahaha!!!!!

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

I peed a little.

I am not ashamed.

Is there a link to K’s presser?

What a game

Definitely better than the Austin Rivers game. The Heels were convinced at the end of regulation and OT they were going to win, only to have the good guys pull it out.
    Really nice intentional miss on the free throw at the end of regulation.

And nice "pass" from Tre to Moore to win the game. Does Tre get credit for an assist there?

live postgame, I think Coach K is coming up unless I already missed him (Roy just finished)

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/battle...game/18940730/

Ol’ Roy

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Let’s give some credit to Jon Scheyer. Tre, in his post game interview, said that he discussed the last second free throw situation, and they practiced the play.
    Bet Ol’ Roy says in his press conference that defending that play was the last thing they practiced Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull City Proud View Post

GTHC
    GTHC
    Although, Rivers shot was iconic, this one will probably sting UNC even more. And that’s why it’s so good. They needed this win, so bad. They had it right there, twice. And then they lost. You could already hear them talking about this win starting them on a run, now they are guaranteed a losing ACC record, Cole Anthony is 0-3 since returning, and ESPN has another highlight to kill them with for years to come.