Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl LIV

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Not as bad as Jason Momoa. Who knew!?!?
    Strongly disagree. I love anyone who can make fun of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    ...I was waiting for him to rip off the eye brow with the crease in it...I mean, if the muscles are fake....that brow is as much a calling card of his as the buff...

I meant who knew it was all prosthetics and he’s been a bald, skinny guy this whole time. It was my favorite of the night, loved his wife’s cameo at the end!

Richard Sherman was right about not going to the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    Ouch

You just won the Super Bowl. How are you going to celebrate?

Andy Reid: I'm going to get the biggest cheeseburger he can find, might make it a double

Happy football day in my world. Super Bowl victory and grad transfer QB for Duke.

Heard a great tidbit about Mahomes this morning. He was 5-0 this season/postseason when down double digits. As a comparison, Kurt Warner was 2-44. Makes me wonder what the overall numbers for QBs the last 5-10 years are. Probably not 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You just won the Super Bowl. How are you going to celebrate?

Andy Reid: I'm going to get the biggest cheeseburger he can find, might make it a double
    GOTTA love Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Born in the USA moment was so cringey. I guess people still don't know that it's a protest song?
    Actually, I am pretty sure JLo and Shakira knew it was a protest song. They certainly used that line to protest the treatment of Puerto Rico and to remind everyone that Puerto Rico is part of the US.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but after 3 recent Warriors titles and 3 recent baseball Giants titles, thankfully KC made the comeback yesterday. The Bay Area doesn't need more title parades. Also, Andy Reid.

Weather satellite of KC celebrations.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/03/us/ka...rnd/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by golfinesquire View Post
    Actually, I am pretty sure JLo and Shakira knew it was a protest song. They certainly used that line to protest the treatment of Puerto Rico and to remind everyone that Puerto Rico is part of the US.
    Great catch.

I started watching the game via DVR at 8:30, and happily caught up to real time around 9:30...spent nary a second on the halftime show (though I read today they're getting ripped for insufficiently honoring Kobe). What a nice alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I started watching the game via DVR at 8:30, and happily caught up to real time around 9:30...spent nary a second on the halftime show (though I read today they're getting ripped for insufficiently honoring Kobe). What a nice alternative.
    then you missed a wonderful piece of entertainment. As for Kobe, haters gonna hate but they did, in fact, have the Lakers colors streamed around and quite frankly, as this was a football game, and not basketball (let us not forget that the NBA and NCAA have spent much time since his death honoring him), and the theme of the show was empowerment for women, especially Latina women, that tribute was about right.

Seriously, TB punked everyone for Hulu. Let us not forget.

Brady and Belichick met in a support group for sociopaths, except ...

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    Just as well, he'd have been three steps behind the receivers when they arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Just as well, he'd have been three steps behind the receivers when they arrived.
    Must spread comments around...you're not messing around this morning!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Brady and Belichick met in a support group for sociopaths, except ...

I hope New England does what I read they were considering the other day and pays Brady $30 million / year. He's not elite anymore. I can't imagine this is Belichick's idea. Brady should retire.

Happy to see the Chiefs win as my folks have lived in KC for the last 35 years. Patrick Mahomes is the best player in the NFL right now. He's also like Michael Myers. You thinks he's dead and then he rises from the grave to kill you.

Warren Sharp
    @SharpFootball
    ·
    11h
    Some evaluators downgraded him for playing in the Big 12.

Patrick Mahomes credits his ability to rally because he was “blessed to be in the Big 12.”

Rallied to outscore playoff opponents:

51-7 vs HOU
    28-7 vs TEN
    21-0 vs SF

while rallying from behind to win EVERY playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post

I hope New England does what I read they were considering the other day and pays Brady $30 million / year. He's not elite anymore. I can't imagine this is Belichick's idea. Brady should retire.

I bet this is just a PR move by NE so they can say they tried to keep TB, but that it was TB's choice to move on.

It works for TB as well, setting a "comp" for his negotiations with the next team. If he signs for a "mere" $25 mil/yr for 2 or 3 years, he's being a good guy and giving his new team a "discount."

Why do I feel compelled to use "" so often whenever I comment on TB or NE?