Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Lunardi's posted bracketogy is dated 1/31. Needs update after this weekend's games. For example, East #2 Seton Hall lost to Xavier yesterday. Zags behind by 8 at half and won a very close game by only 4. Didn't look like a #1 seed; but Tillie didn't play due to ankle injury.
    He still had SDSU (#1 West) and Gonzaga (#1 East) on Sportscenter last night. Gonzaga will probably play its way out of a #1 seed because they still have to go to BYU and St. Mary's. The Big 10 has so many teams in the 10-20 range that they should get the last #1. I think the ACC gets the top #2, which puts Louisville in Indy/Duke in NYC depending on how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Lunardi's posted bracketogy is dated 1/31. Needs update after this weekend's games. For example, East #2 Seton Hall lost to Xavier yesterday.

I was at USF-Gonzaga game yesterday. Zags behind by 8 at half and won a very close game by only 4. Didn't look like a #1 seed; but Tillie didn't play due to ankle injury.

Only brackets that matter are announced by NCAA on March 15.
    Pretty much par for the course with Tillie. Decent chance he won't be healthy in the tournament anyway given his past.

duke coaches

With Scheyer and Smith out last night, did I see another "coach" on the sideline, first from the left, next to Nate James, I think?
    Was wondering if Avery would jump onto the bench... but not him...……
    really into the minutiae now, after checking out the media guide...…. Nick Potter, maybe? (Director of Sports Science).
    Anyone have any intel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    I really don’t understand zero minutes for Joey, even if AOC was playing well. We had foul trouble, we needed shooters, and Hurt was not exactly hitting his shots. My explanation is that it was because we were short two coaches...it’s probably my imagination, but sometimes Coach K seems like he gets so focused on the game that he forgets who is sitting on the bench. I remember some youth hockey coaches who had that problem...they just couldn’t think about both the game as well as which line had just played.

Of course I am only half serious, as I am sure Coach K knows exactly who he is playing and when. But i do wonder if the absence of two coaches meant that Coach K had to multi-task more than usual.
    Actually, I think this occurred with the USA national team with Boozer. I don't recall which game, but Boozer never got into the game. After the game, Coach K apologized to Boozer in the locker room for "forgetting" him on the bench. That's my recollection... So he "may" be so focused on the game, and relies on his assistants who are "assigned" to such matters. If that's either Jon or Nolan, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    I really don’t understand zero minutes for Joey, even if AOC was playing well. We had foul trouble, we needed shooters, and Hurt was not exactly hitting his shots. My explanation is that it was because we were short two coaches...it’s probably my imagination, [I]but sometimes Coach K seems like he gets so focused on the game that he forgets who is sitting on the bench[/I]. I remember some youth hockey coaches who had that problem...they just couldn’t think about both the game as well as which line had just played.

Of course I am only half serious, as I am sure Coach K knows exactly who he is playing and when. But i do wonder if the absence of two coaches meant that Coach K had to multi-task more than usual.
    I am the other half of your half serious...yeah, i know, it sounds ridiculous, but man it appears that's the only answer sometimes...