Duke women's swim and dive team continues streak against UNC

In what has become an annual event, the Duke women's swim and dive team defeated UNC this afternoon by a score of 152.5-147.5. That makes it four years in a row that the women have beaten the Heels in the dual meet. To put the streak in perspective, in 2017, the women won against UNC for the first time in program history.

Unfortunately, the men saw their run of three consecutive dual meet wins over UNC end today with a loss by the score of 168-132. The men's win in 2017 was their first win over the Heels since 1939. As I understand it, however, the men's team continues to be non-funded, so the performance the last several years by the men's team has been particularly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by DST Fan View Post
    In what has become an annual event, the Duke women's swim and dive team defeated UNC this afternoon by a score of 152.5-147.5. That makes it four years in a row that the women have beaten the Heels in the dual meet. To put the streak in perspective, in 2017, the women won against UNC for the first time in program history.

Unfortunately, the men saw their run of three consecutive dual meet wins over UNC end today with a loss by the score of 168-132. The men's win in 2017 was their first win over the Heels since 1939. As I understand it, however, the men's team continues to be non-funded, so the performance the last several years by the men's team has been particularly impressive.
    How do you cheat in swimming and diving? They (the uncheats) really good to get by with that.

GoDuke!

Here is a link to the story at GoDuke.

https://goduke.com/news/2020/2/1/swi...-carolina.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    How do you cheat in swimming and diving? They (the uncheats) really good to get by with that.
    Let me first state that I do NOT believe there was any cheating here. Cheating is pretty ea$y in a judged $port like diving but not so much in swimming with the technology they use now.

Hopefully Duke will outperform UNC at the ACC Championships.

Wow. That is impressive. I have not been following the swim teams. I went to a Duke-UNC swim meet 20+ years ago and UNC would completely dominate us - if I recall they would reach the point where the meet was effectively over and start putting divers in relays. Great job, Duke swimming!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Wow. That is impressive. I have not been following the swim teams. I went to a Duke-UNC swim meet 20+ years ago and UNC would completely dominate us - if I recall they would reach the point where the meet was effectively over and start putting divers in relays. Great job, Duke swimming!
    At about the same time Duke started the softball team, it fully funded the women’s swim team. Back in the day, Mark Bernardino, the longtime UVA coach, used to say that Duke was probably the best D-1 swim program in the country—given that it had no scholarships.

Unfortunately, the men saw their run of three consecutive dual meet wins over UNC end today with a loss by the score of 168-132.
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    How do you cheat in swimming and diving?
    Temporary gills?