Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Denver won at Air Force 13-7. I'm not sure whether we fixed our problems this week, but it looks to be a major challenge as usual.

Denver weather forecast is for mostly sunny skies and a high of 41 degrees. Pretty good for this time of year.

Streaming video situation is iffy. Game is being broadcast by Altitude, the Nuggets/Avs RSN which has a footprint that doesn’t extend east of the Missouri River. Best bet is to click the link on the schedule page at goduke.com and have a credit card handy.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Denver weather forecast is for mostly sunny skies and a high of 41 degrees. Pretty good for this time of year.

Streaming video situation is iffy. Game is being broadcast by Altitude, the Nuggets/Avs RSN which has a footprint that doesn’t extend east of the Missouri River. Best bet is to click the link on the schedule page at goduke.com and have a credit card handy.
    Yay! One advantage of living in the Rocky Mountains.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Duke jumps out to a 5-2 lead at Denver.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

O. caputo finds Kerry in front for a man-up goal to make it 6-2 with about a minute to go in Q1.

7-2 duke after one. What baseball game.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

O. caputo finds Kerry in front for a man-up goal to make it 6-2 with about a minute to go in Q1.
    Duke ahead 7-2 at end of 1Q. Good! We'll need a lead when the altitude effect kicks in.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Chmil and Brower made a tasty sandwich out of a Denver attacker, but I kinda doubt they were both supposed to slide in that situation.

Caputo is racking up the assists. 9-4. Make it 10-4.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Just following the live stats, not watching, but it looks like Duke has a big edge in faceoffs, which helps a lot. However, the lead is down to 4, 10-6, as the last minute or two have not been great for Duke.

12-7. Both teams changed goalies at half.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke wins Q3, 3-2. Really poor defense on the last possession of the quarter.

Tyler Carpenter is a good stick. He gets balls on the ground.

Caputo scores w/ less than 3 min left to make it 15-11
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Denver has a big problem in goal.

Duke wins, 15-13. Defense was good enough. Bonafede looked better than Uppgren. Ginder goes 18-28 against Denver’s hyped freshman FOGO.

Another big challenge next week. Handley is a huge matchup problem; who gets that assignment? Freshman poles need to become sophomores in a great big hurry.

Chmil, Kerry, and Burke are extremely pleasant surprises.

Duke wins, 15-13. Defense was good enough. Bonafede looked better than Uppgren. Ginder goes 18-28 against Denver’s hyped freshman FOGO.

Another big challenge next week. Handley is a huge matchup problem; who gets that assignment? Freshman poles need to become sophomores in a great big hurry.

Chmil, Kerry, and Burke are extremely pleasant surprises.
    Didn't watch the game but noticed in the live stats that Duke lost the last few faceoffs (one with Smyth instead of Ginder, I think) after dominating through most of the game. Effects of altitude, Denver desperation, or just random?

While the Big East may only be an automatic bid this season, Denver has been a barometer for the season in the past. This is our first win out there since 2003.

Penn lost @Maryland 17-15 this week. (To compare, High Point lost @Maryland 23-12 the week before we played them.) This is another tough and important game. There is no TV.

Caputo Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week. Congrats to him. Just a sophmore.

https://goduke.com/news/2020/2/18/me...-the-week.aspx
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    While the Big East may only be an automatic bid this season, Denver has been a barometer for the season in the past. This is our first win out there since 2003.

Penn lost @Maryland 17-15 this week. (To compare, High Point lost @Maryland 23-12 the week before we played them.) This is another tough and important game. There is no TV.
    Penn led 15-9 at one point. “Epic collapse” seems an inadequate description.

Upset Tuesday saw three ranked teams go down.

Murlund’s comeback mojo ran out, as the Turtles fell to Nova by one.

Paint the lower Hudson Valley red, after Marist whacks Army.

St. Joes picks off Delaware.