Page 57 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859671071575571057 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 22200
    I hope the NBA dishes out some severe sanction to Gobert for that [literally] toxic display.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Donovan Mitchell tested positive and Jazz players are reporting that Golbert was touching players and their belongings.

Folks, you aren’t just making decisions that risk your life, you’re risking the lives of those around you. Please consider them in your decision making process.
    Jazz players are privately saying that Gobert showed a cavalier attitude toward the virus with his teammates in the locker room, touching them and their belongings.
    Well, that's one interpretation of the word "privately", I guess.

To your second point, none of the Jazz players' lives are realistically at risk, including the two confirmed to be infected, but your point stands generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

To your second point, none of the Jazz players' lives are realistically at risk, including the two confirmed to be infected, but your point stands generally.
    0.2% death rate means that 2 out of a 1,000 their age...and that's neglecting developing a severe case which could lead to hospitalization.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    0.2% death rate means that 2 out of a 1,000 their age...and that's neglecting developing a severe case which could lead to hospitalization.
    The deaths in that age group are almost certainly primarily people who are immunocompromised or have other underlying conditions, but point taken.

Twitter blowing up with Conference Tournament cancellations. Big 10, Big 12, SEC, AAC so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

Beyond just the death rate, those other players may interact with someone who is not in a "low-risk" group. It's not just about those immediately around you at risk.

If it's true what Gobert did, that was an extremely offensive, life-threatening set of bad decisions on his part.

I have two theories:

1) Folks have already used up their UNC diplomas and need something else.

2) Folks are afraid of being quarantined for a month and running out of toilet paper. We have 192 rolls here at the PackMan97 homestead. We ready!
    I rely on the Sears catalog.

You have to be a certain age to get that...or my Dad was pulling my leg.

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Twitter blowing up with Conference Tournament cancellations. Big 10, Big 12, SEC, AAC so far.
    Totally unnecessary, IMO. Cancelling the crowds is a legitimate way to delay the spike in infections. Cancelling the tournaments already in progress? Sorry, there's just not that many people involved, and they are already traveling. As someone pointed out up-thread, by that measure NO ONE should be going to work, which won't be feasible even at the height of infections.

That said, I do think that all companies that can support remote work should just allow it now, rather than fall back on it once things get worse and it becomes necessary. That could have a really large impact country/world-wide in terms of slowing transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Totally unnecessary, IMO. Cancelling the crowds is a legitimate way to delay the spike in infections. Cancelling the tournaments already in progress? Sorry, there's just not that many people involved, and they are already traveling. As someone pointed out up-thread, by that measure NO ONE should be going to work, which won't be feasible even at the height of infections.

That said, I do think that all companies that can support remote work should just allow it now, rather than fall back on it once things get worse and it becomes necessary. That could have a really large impact country/world-wide in terms of slowing transmission.
    Given that we're already seeing a spread within the team in the NBA, I think in terms of protecting the actual players, the decision makes lots of sense. I don't disagree about going to remote work arrangements, but my office work isn't as physical and contact related as basketball games are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Given that we're already seeing a spread within the team in the NBA, I think in terms of protecting the actual players, the decision makes lots of sense. I don't disagree about going to remote work arrangements, but my office work isn't as physical and contact related as basketball games are going to be.
    ACC Tourney cancelled per ABC11. FSU is champion.

https://abc11.com/sports/final-3-day...celed/6006556/

I have two theories:

1) Folks have already used up their UNC diplomas and need something else.

2) Folks are afraid of being quarantined for a month and running out of toilet paper. We have 192 rolls here at the PackMan97 homestead. We ready!
    Wait, UNC gives out diplomas?!?? Do they come with a cookie and signed by a bakery?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    ACC Tourney cancelled per ABC11. FSU is champion.

https://abc11.com/sports/final-3-day...celed/6006556/
    Ugh..but probably a smart decision by the league. I'm guessing the NCAA tourney will be next on the chopping block.

I think (pretty much) ALL professional (baseball, hockey, golf, tennis, etc) and amateur sports will be cancelled. I understand that you can buy Masters tickets very cheaply (by normal prices) online.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    If it's true what Gobert did, that was an extremely offensive, life-threatening set of bad decisions on his part.
    If true, then I suspect it will earn him at least one lawsuit. Risky move for a man with very deep pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Wait, UNC gives out diplomas?!??
    Yep, gives is the operative word.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Yep, gives is the operative word.
    LOL - not allowed to spork, but funny!

In addition to the public touch all the mics display...

Woj: "Jazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources tell ESPN. Jazz players privately say that Rudy Gobert had been careless in the locker room touching other players and their belongings. Now a Jazz teammate has tested positive."

This is the height of stupidity to allow a concert to continue right in the heart of the Triangle while there is a battle ramping up to try to avoid community spread of the virus.

https://abc11.com/amp/6006200/

My greatest fear continues to be that we will live up to the old saying, “None of us is as stupid as all of us.”
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Because

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    To prove I'm not smart, can someone explain to me why this all has led to a "run" on toilet paper?
    No one gets the print version of the newspaper anymore, so they don't have a backup in case they run out of TP.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    No one gets the print version of the newspaper anymore,.
    I do, and the quality of the journalism is worthy of this use, but the ink rubs off on my . . nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    To prove I'm not smart, can someone explain to me why this all has led to a "run" on toilet paper?
    Oo, oo, oo! [raises hand]

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/here...let-paper.html
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block