Page 55 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657651051555551055 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 22195
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Carnival Corporation (CCL) is publicly-traded on the NYSE. It is headquarters are in Miami and London.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/corporate-information

Though their ships are often registered in other countries, and many on-ship employees are not American, they do employ Americans and impact our economy.

Not advocating for any action, but just putting some facts out there.
    Micky Arison is the driving force in Carnival. He owns the Miami Heat and his son, Nick (a Duke Grad and former BB manager) is president of the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Per Wiki, Hoiberg had aortic valve replacement in 2025.
    At least he plans well.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Get this. The press release says he tested positive for “Influenza A (common cold)”....
    There is no reason you can't have COVID-19, the flu, a cold and Carolina Fever all at the same time. Of course, most people will survive COVID-19, the flu or a cold. Carolina fever, unfortunately, does not seem to be something that cures itself. Multiple losing seasons in a row are the only known cure.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Despite all my rage I am still just a rabbit Nic Cage.

despite-all-my-rage-i-am-still-just-a-rabbit-61848265.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Hang the costs. Give it a universal income for the duration, suspend debt payments and utilities.
    Probably safe to assume that none of those things are going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    There's some weird crap on the internet.

Attachment 10354
    I’m still shaken by this image.

Is the Board going to shut down over the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    The Thunder/Jazz game was postponed just before tipoff. The Athletic reports that Rudy Gobert (out due to illness) has tested positive for COVID-19.

Emmanuel Mudiay was also listed as out due to illness; his status is unclear.
    Gobert is a idiot. On Monday he down played the virus going so far as to touch the mics and recorders of the reporters on his way out of an interview. Surprise he caught the virus. He's as bad a the New Hampshire med student, that father from the rich St. Louise school and the passenger today who tested positive but got on a place from JKF to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Is the Board going to shut down over the virus?
    As long as everyone sanitizes their sporks before distributing them, we should be fine.

There's a rumor goin' round that the moderators have confined themselves to individual bunkers in order to keep DeeBeR up and running.

That's dedication right there.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Four new cases in NC. no details yet.

So there's 12 confirmed cases NC as of this morning... all of the infected people I've read articles about have apparently been quarantined and are doing well. So what is a realistic rate at which it will likely spread in NC? Or is this even predictable based on the limited info?

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    So there's 12 confirmed cases NC as of this morning... all of the infected people I've read articles about have apparently been quarantined and are doing well. So what is a realistic rate at which it will likely spread in NC? Or is this even predictable based on the limited info?
    I would guess that it's hard to predict.

Didn't RSV man or someone up thread say that we still don't have enough tests to go around?

North Carolina not being special, probably the same as everywhere else, which is to say geometrically.

The first two rounds of the ACCT alone probably spread dozens to hundreds of new cases, which will become clear in retrospect.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Two cases now identified in Forsyth County.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

So far none of the first 9 cases in NC are a result of community spreading. Which is great news. Most of them are folks with a travel history, though I think one of them is a locally acquired from a coworker (BioGen). This is great news.

I have no idea on the three new cases.

The concern is if we have a hidden community spread. Due to our low test volume, it is possible but completely unknown right now. The thing with exponential growth is you are likely not to notice it until it's too late and it's already a big problem. There is just no way to know without better testing. We should be testing everyone reporting flu like symptoms. Once we get to that point, we are on our way to beating it. The race is to get that done before it overwhelms our medical system as it is in Italy and Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post

Didn't RSV man or someone up thread say that we still don't have enough tests to go around?

this abc11 article said they had enough to test 250 people

"North Carolina Chief Medical Officer Dr. Elizabeth Cuervo-Tilson said the state has the ability to test 250 people.
    While the health officials previously had strict testing criteria to identify the most high-risk patients, Tilson said the Department of Health and Human Services relaxed those criteria Tuesday night so people at moderate risk of infection could be tested."

https://abc11.com/health/2-more-tria...virus/6004190/

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    North Carolina not being special, probably the same as everywhere else, which is to say geometrically.

The first two rounds of the ACCT alone probably spread dozens to hundreds of new cases, which will become clear in retrospect.
    Yup, this.

Institutions waiting to find proof of a problem before they act are at least a week too late.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post

Multiple posters said that there aren't enough tests to go around. Reading it elsewhere on the internet as well (from people who would know not random posters).

Add me to the list of people that think Gobert's mic touching humor was idiotic and inappropriate (then karma struck!).

One thread note. I don't mean to overstep but this thread before the last day or so has been a great source of information and has had a pretty high level of pertinent discussion. Could we maybe try to keep the signal to noise ratio high. Please.

Not sure if this got posted but science is amazing

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...-say-1.8665074

“Scientists at Israel’s Institute for Biological Research are expected to announce in the coming days that they have completed development of a vaccine for the new coronavirus COVID-19.

The development process requires a series of tests and experiments that may last many months before the vaccination is deemed effective or safe to use.”