Page 421 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521921 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,420 of 22200
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Can we compare it to automobile accidents? That one's also out there.
    Yeah, completely comparable because car accidents are also contagious, as it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This, too.

Very few people get struck by lightning, so to hell with getting off the water when the storm rolls in. My metal john boat and a bit of faith in the odds is all I need.
    You should also get off your metal john in a lightning storm.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    You should also get off your metal john in a lightning storm.
    No need. Word is OPK grounded his metal john to the still he has hidden directly behind his outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    No need. Word is OPK grounded his metal john to the still he has hidden directly behind his outhouse.
    Cost two dollars, and it burns like hell

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The anti-mask logic is even worse than that. It’s more like exercising your right to stick a fork in an outlet and it shocking the person standing next to you instead of you.

Made me chuckle, though.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Yeah, completely comparable because car accidents are also contagious, as it turns out.
    I know! It starts with one car, and almost instantly, another car gets it.

My wife and I have had a 2-yr stretch that sure made it feel contagious! 3x hit from behind + 1 t-bone. One of the former was a hit & run that totalled her car, from a vehicle with a plate that didn't match the SUV. They never caught the perp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    OPK is known for his pretzel logic, any major dude will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Now you’re talking my language! By chance I listened to that album 3 or 4 times earlier in the week. Darn good stuff.

The demon is at the door.

Speaking of schools I talked to my sister in the UK yesterday. She is a teacher. They are working on what they call a bubble system. She is in a bubble with about 22 kids. They keep to a certain area of the school and don’t interact with other ‘bubbles’. If one Child starts to get sick they send that child home with a test. If the test is positive then all the kids in that bubble have to spend the next two weeks at home. She said schools haven’t closed yet.
    She also told me that The wearing masks is not a political issue there. Where it mandated people do wear masks. On public transport and hospitals it’s mandated. In shops it’s not...Go figure.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I would have told that woman in the video that if she is exhaling carbon monoxide, she has a lot bigger concerns than covid right now, lol.
    Brilliant. I was amazed at the two dudes' ability not to engage with what was thrown at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Now you’re talking my language! By chance I listened to that album 3 or 4 times earlier in the week. Darn good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The demon is at the door.
    I foresee terrible trouble
    And I stay here just the same . . . .

Dr. Deborah Birx taking some serious flak for her performance at the White House and environs; She now carries the ball for the task force...colleagues not impressed:https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/polit...ion/index.html

We just gave our reopening schedule to our board, and the public.

An odd side effect of doing this non stop...I am finding myself rather depressed

Chatham and Orange County opening 100% remote for the first month, then reassessing from there. Durham County remote for first 9 weeks. Wake to decide this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Chatham and Orange County opening 100% remote for the first month, then reassessing from there. Durham County remote for first 9 weeks. Wake to decide this week.
    W-S/Forsyth going all remote for 1st 9 weeks.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    We just gave our reopening schedule to our board, and the public.

An odd side effect of doing this non stop...I am finding myself rather depressed
    Not surprising, Lord Ash. On top of everything we are all experiencing, you have the added stress of responsibility for balancing health and safety with the importance of giving kids a proper education. That's a huge load!

Will you have a chance for some R&R before school starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Not surprising, Lord Ash. On top of everything we are all experiencing, you have the added stress of responsibility for balancing health and safety with the importance of giving kids a proper education. That's a huge load!

Will you have a chance for some R&R before school starts?
    Hm, nothing formal? I mean, I’m hanging out at home, but with two younger kids and a wife who is working a bit, there is only so much resting and relaxing that can happen

But thanks for the kind words... it’s definitely overwhelming as hell. And I’m not even involved with the actual teaching part... they are expecting us to live-stream our lessons every day to the kids at home... I have no earthly idea how that will ever work. How do we take questions from kids at home? If a kid gets an intro lesson in person and another gets it virtually, won’t that be an issue? I don’t know... there’s a lot going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Hm, nothing formal? I mean, I’m hanging out at home, but with two younger kids and a wife who is working a bit, there is only so much resting and relaxing that can happen

But thanks for the kind words... it’s definitely overwhelming as hell. And I’m not even involved with the actual teaching part... they are expecting us to live-stream our lessons every day to the kids at home... I have no earthly idea how that will ever work. How do we take questions from kids at home? If a kid gets an intro lesson in person and another gets it virtually, won’t that be an issue? I don’t know... there’s a lot going on.
    Trying to make logistical plans for our business has been wildly stressful. I can't imagine trying to make contingency plans for a school.