Page 1110 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 110610101010601100110811091110
Results 22,181 to 22,195 of 22195
    Colleague who I was sitting five feet away from all day the last two days (stupid open floorplan) and talking to a lot just tested positive. She was leaving with her family for a vacation to Puerto Rico tomorrow so is not happy. I'm going to test - I had it in late October. Seeing elderly family members this weekend so debating cancelling that out of an abundance of caution.

I had a coworker test positive this week. I don't have symptoms and don't often interact with this person, but I am visiting my high-risk parents this weekend so I took a test, negative. Will probably test again tomorrow morning to be safe.

We live in complicated times.

i tested positive on wed evening...got the PAX started yesterday...just sniffles and a little achey...

and a metallic taste in my mouth from the pax...yuck
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i tested positive on wed evening...got the PAX started yesterday...just sniffles and a little achey...

Yeah, that stuff is nasty. Try Listerine breath strips. Let one dissolve on your tongue right before you take the medicine. Helps quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Yeah, that stuff is nasty. Try Listerine breath strips. Let one dissolve on your tongue right before you take the medicine. Helps quite a bit.
    Ironically, 20 years apart, I handled the legal work on the naming for both LISTERINE POCKETPAKS (in 2001) and PAXLOVID (in 2021).
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Ironically, 20 years apart, I handled the legal work on the naming for both LISTERINE POCKETPAKS (in 2001) and PAXLOVID (in 2021).
    Those strips make me sneeze. Every. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It’s like rain on your wedding day.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    It’s like rain on your wedding day.
    ... for an outdoor wedding (been there, done that ... the gazebo at Haywood Hall in Raleigh).

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    ... for an outdoor wedding (been there, done that ... the gazebo at Haywood Hall in Raleigh).
    At my son’s outdoor wedding in Boulder the sky started falling 30 minutes before the ceremony. Couldn’t see 3 feet in front of you. Fortunately we had a covered backup location we were able to drive to. Everyone was soaked and much hilarity ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    At my son’s outdoor wedding in Boulder the sky started falling 30 minutes before the ceremony. Couldn’t see 3 feet in front of you. Fortunately we had a covered backup location we were able to drive to. Everyone was soaked and much hilarity ensued.
    Probably, a good thing it was your son’s wedding instead of your daughter’s. Some mothers and daughters would have a meltdown.

At this time in the pandemic, are you still recommending all older patients (60+) take Paxlovid? Said differently, is there a pandemic time point when we would be better off letting our immunity system do all the work?
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 03-19-2024 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    At this time in the pandemic, are you still recommending all older patients (60+) take Paxlovid? Said differently, is there a pandemic time point when we would be better off letting our immunity system do all the work?
    I have a mid-30s coworker who just tested positive last week and was given Paxlovid.

I don't get the impression that using Paxlovid has a long term effect on herd immunity, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Taking it won't make you not mount a response to the virus, and it doesn't hamper your immune system's work at all.

Taking it won't make you not mount a response to the virus, and it doesn't hamper your immune system's work at all.
    Thanks!

Apparently Texas just passed a state law forbidding public health to use any tax dollars promoting Covid vaccination.

We live in strange times.