Page 773 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783823873 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,460 of 22200
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Just a rant perhaps, but I find it very frustrating that the media continues to place so much emphasis on case counts that are "surging" and "skyrocketing", rather than the (relatively) more encouraging data points on much less frequent hospitalizations and deaths, especially among the fully vaccinated. Especially if the public health policy goal is getting people to overcome vaccination hesitancy.

Case in point

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-...accinated.html
    You think this works any better? It must not.

https://abc11.com/covid-19-vaccine-u...dies/10924938/

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes, Furniture was cleverly repurposing an earlier post. It was spork-worthy piss taking.
    Yep. I got the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You think this works any better? It must not.

https://abc11.com/covid-19-vaccine-u...dies/10924938/
    They didn't think a year would matter

Freedy was not vaccinated against COVID-19. He and DuPreez said they wanted to wait one year from the release to see what effects people had. They said they always intended to get the vaccine, they just wanted to wait it out a little longer.

"We just wanted to watch and kind of see what was going on with everybody. I know there are a lot of people who say the science is there; we just wanted to wait a year from when it started--when it came out and started to be available to people, just to watch and see what people's reactions were to it. We didn't think a year would matter," DuPreez said.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    They didn't think a year would matter
    "Isn't it MORONIC"

Sorry, crossing my threads again.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    "Isn't it MORONIC"

Sorry, crossing my threads again.
    Double dipping...the reason he got COVID was an emergency room trip due to severe sunburn after not putting on sunscreen.

Yes, Furniture was cleverly repurposing an earlier post. It was spork-worthy piss taking.
    I was definitely taking the piss...

:-)

sorry. I sadly couldn’t resist.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Best of luck to you and your son. I'm sorry the camp was cut short and that they didn't handle it very well. I hope your son handled the change of plans OK. I understand the need to protect privacy but as you said, they could have notified you whether your son was more at risk or not - this is not a case of "no news is good news" unless they specifically tell you that. I hope you are able to have a safe, enjoyable trip.
    Thanks to CNC, and you others who posted similar thoughts. We followed up with the camp. During the camp, the folks were divided into semi-independent smaller groups, and when we followed up with the camp, they said that the positive test came from outside his group and any contacts with my son should have been fairly minimal. As I mentioned, the camp did seem to be pretty COVID-conscious and held most activities outside, despite the heat, and were masked except at a single meal time taken in the smaller groups, and during a couple outdoor breaks where physical distancing was practiced. So that makes me feel a bit better.

My son, fortunately, can often be persuaded about schedule changes, and he took it all quite well. Thanks for that comment, in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Double dipping...the reason he got COVID was an emergency room trip due to severe sunburn after not putting on sunscreen.
    Perhaps. He could have contracted it anywhere.
    And do people really still not know that sunburns are painful and bad for you? It's astounding.

Another COVID and sunburn intersections - terrible mask tanlines...
    360_F_336824234_ob4F8NJyLgwX8acCGJvsYoWhKhPo1Q8f.jpg
    Most online images of this are fake of course.

Actually, not having to put sunscreen on my children's faces before daycare every day has been a (small) silver lining this summer. Although I still have to do it on their forehead, ears, neck etc...and other facial areas still peek out a bit. So, actually doesn't really save me any effort.

I'm not using sunscreen because I don't know what's in it and it hasn't been sufficiently tested and I'm not about to let some pointy-headed dermatologist tell me how to lead my life.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm not using sunscreen because I don't know what's in it and it hasn't been sufficiently tested and I'm not about to let some pointy-headed dermatologist tell me how to lead my life.
    SPF is something you contract, not apply.

I haven’t followed this thread at all but thought I would share that my wife and I contracted Covid last week while attending a conference in Ponte Vedra, FL. We were both fully vaccinated-Phizer. We had dinner with some personal friends from Jax the night before the conference started. Two nights later - the final night of the conference - we were exhausted and went to bed early. On the flight home the following day we both had mild cold/flu symptoms and decided to schedule a test for the following day . When we arrived home from the airport, our friends from Jacksonville called to let us they had tested positive for Covid and assumed they contracted it the week before while visiting Universal studios. They were not vaccinated. My friend actually talked to his doctor and was told they had the more contagious variant which I assume is the Delta variant. We got our positive tests back yesterday by text. It did not list a variant . We’ve had cold/flu symptoms, lost smell and taste somewhat yesterday but no severe symptoms. Mainly we’ve just been wiped out by it. I’m feeling better so far today. Several others from my conference have also tested positive since we returned. Not related but my brother - also fully vaccinated- got Covid last week. Btw, the resort employers wore masks but masks were not required for guests. From what I am reading, my situation is not unique. In hindsight, I would not attend a crowded indoor event unmasked again until this Delta surge is under control.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I haven’t followed this thread at all but thought I would share that my wife and I contracted Covid last week while attending a conference in Ponte Vedra, FL. We were both fully vaccinated-Phizer. We had dinner with some personal friends from Jax the night before the conference started. Two nights later - the final night of the conference - we were exhausted and went to bed early. On the flight home the following day we both had mild cold/flu symptoms and decided to schedule a test for the following day . When we arrived home from the airport, our friends from Jacksonville called to let us they had tested positive for Covid and assumed they contracted it the week before while visiting Universal studios. They were not vaccinated. My friend actually talked to his doctor and was told they had the more contagious variant which I assume is the Delta variant. We got our positive tests back yesterday by text. It did not list a variant . We’ve had cold/flu symptoms, lost smell and taste somewhat yesterday but no severe symptoms. Mainly we’ve just been wiped out by it. I’m feeling better so far today. Several others from my conference have also tested positive since we returned. Not related but my brother - also fully vaccinated- got Covid last week. Btw, the resort employers wore masks but masks were not required for guests. From what I am reading, my situation is not unique. In hindsight, I would not attend a crowded indoor event unmasked again until this Delta surge is under control.
    glad you're OK...Jax is a real hot spot now (along with much of FL). We hoped to get there this Winter, but no way we're going unless/until this subsides.

SPF is something you contract, not apply.
    Sad that I cannot spork this.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Here's an irony for you. People DO know what's in sunscreen, know it is unhealthy, and still put it on anyway. (Not all sunscreens, obviously, but enough to make the point.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Well, if you had been frequently using carcinogenic Neutrogena (yes, J&J) products like me, you might not feel that this is so funny or obvious. Not sure this is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Here's an irony for you. People DO know what's in sunscreen, know it is unhealthy, and still put it on anyway. (Not all sunscreens, obviously, but enough to make the point.)
    Especially when Duke mayonnaise is available. It protects from sunburn, tastes great on sandwiches, and supports my favorite University.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Especially when Duke mayonnaise is available. It protects from sunburn, tastes great on sandwiches, and supports my favorite University.
    Ok. You lather up with that and go canoeing in the Everglades, let me know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Lowest sodium content of all the major brands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Well, if you had been frequently using carcinogenic Neutrogena (yes, J&J) products like me, you might not feel that this is so funny or obvious. Not sure this is a good example.
    Thankfully, I had not opened the can I had JUST purchased. Stick with the lotions.