Page 370 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 22195
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Oh, my goodness! This might explain my cousin's Plandemic ideas. She has three cats currently, and they rule the roost. She has had multiple cats in her house for years, and she is NOT the queen of housekeeping. Ha! Do I dare suggest this to her as why she thinks the way she does? She is actually only a SECOND cousin, so . . . I won't miss her so much when she cuts me off.
    Don't worry, her entire estate is going to the cats. They drafted the will and had her sign it.

June 29 - States with High Number of New Cases

Here are those reporting the most new cases per million population:
    Code:
    29-Jun	New Cases/Mil	New Cases
    Arizona	 530 	3,079
    Florida	 397 	5,266
    Alabama	 354 	1,734
    Lous'na	 313 	837
    Tenn.	 311 	2,125
    S. Car.	 268 	1,324
    Nevada	 267 	734
    Idaho	 242 	433
    Kansas	214	622
    Texas	 212 	6,135
    Georgia	 208 	2,207
    Calif.	 175 	6,896
    New states with high concentrations include Alabama, Tennessee, Idaho, and Kansas. Monday results can be erratic with possible accumulation of unreported cases.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Oh, my goodness! This might explain my cousin's Plandemic ideas. She has three cats currently, and they rule the roost. She has had multiple cats in her house for years, and she is NOT the queen of housekeeping. Ha! Do I dare suggest this to her as why she thinks the way she does? She is actually only a SECOND cousin, so . . . I won't miss her so much when she cuts me off.
    It's my go to theory for people that I have long thought of as intelligent suddenly spouting the cray-cray if they have always had cats as pets. Which may very well put me in the same category except I've never had cats as pets because I've very allergic to them. Consequently, cats cannot get enough of me. I don't think it's adoration, I think they just recognize that their presence will cause me difficulties and that's their role in life, picking on the humans that would rather not grab their attention.

But, I could be wrong. I would, however, rather blame the cats.

And again, it's just a theory for people who have seemingly lost former intelligence. If spouting the cray-cray is a lifelong condition, I don't blame the cats. Smoking too much pot as a teen-ager is another theory. That association actually has been established, regular pot-smoking in adolescence significantly lessens your cognitive abilities at 40. If you wait until you are 25 or older to become a habitual pot-smoker, not so much. It's those late teen/early 20s years that are dangerous. Same with alcohol.
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 06-30-2020 at 09:24 AM.

I'm fine with cats (outdoor variety only, but they don't survive around here)...the indoor cats who fling their turds all over the place are an obvious menace to society.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm fine with cats (outdoor variety only, but they don't survive around here)...the indoor cats who fling their turds all over the place are an obvious menace to society.
    Getting off topic here, but, I have found the perfect pets for my family - guinea pigs! My "girls" are my avatar, Cookie and Evie. Evie is the darker brown one.

Perfectly appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Getting off topic here, but, I have found the perfect pets for my family - guinea pigs! My "girls" are my avatar, Cookie and Evie. Evie is the darker brown one.
    I'm not a moderator, and don't aspire to be one, but I think pets are a great subtopic for a pandemic!

I'm not fine with outdoor cats, they are a leading cause of death in the North American bird population, especially songbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Don't worry, her entire estate is going to the cats. They drafted the will and had her sign it.
    Actually, I meant SOCIALLY. She is burning through her $ like nobody's business. Hope there's enough left to support her cats!

I'm not fine with outdoor cats, they are a leading cause of death in the North American bird population, especially songbirds.
    Indeed, that's precisely why I don't have any cats...and fortunately for us, all the outdoor cats around here get eaten by larger critters, so the birds love it here (i think).

Smoking too much pot as a teen-ager is another theory. That association actually has been established, regular pot-smoking in adolescence significantly lessens your cognitive abilities at 40. If you wait until you are 25 or older to become a habitual pot-smoker, not so much. It's those late teen/early 20s years that are dangerous. Same with alcohol.
    That’s a real bummer, man!

uh oh. kidding. somewhat.

I've had the opportunity to observe literally dozens of kids (friends, acquaintances) concerning the topic of pot...I would strongly tend to agree (and I realize this is anecdotal, not scientific) that picking up the habitual use as a teenager is not a great idea.

On the other hand, I have seen MANY, many kids (ultra high achievers among them) pick up the habit in college, and carry it quite successfully thru careers in business, law, medicine, on and on...including some people who have achieved the highest levels of success at a school a whole lot of us attended.

uh oh. kidding. somewhat.
    You talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    You talking to me?
    I can't remember!

“Puff, puff, post.”

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “Puff, puff, post.”
    I love H.R. Pufnstuf.

a graph is worth a 1,000 words, check this out, oh my:https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/europ...ntl/index.html

Masks and the Economy

From those radical leftists at Goldman Sachs:

“A face mask mandate could potentially substitute for lockdowns that would otherwise subtract nearly 5% from GDP,” the team, led by the company’s chief economist Jan Hatzius, writes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...goldman-sachs/

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    From those radical leftists at Goldman Sachs:

“A face mask mandate could potentially substitute for lockdowns that would otherwise subtract nearly 5% from GDP,” the team, led by the company’s chief economist Jan Hatzius, writes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...goldman-sachs/
    Earth to Larry Kudlow, come in, Larry! Frankly, under "normal circumstances," I would have thought this would be self evident, and any POTUS would act accordingly. Fix it now, or bungle along if you so choose.

My cat is and always will be an indoor cat. Outdoor cats historically have had shorter lifespans than indoor cats partially due to predation by cars. Outdoor lifespans are even shorter now in SC since coyotes have moved in and apparently consider cats to be a tasty snack.