Page 162 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 22195
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Nice! If you are short of supplies, a ladies bra or bikini cup can make a great mask!

Went out last week to a Cary, NC Harris Teeter. Most customers were wearing masks (more women then men wearing) and none of the employees.
    That's embarrassing for HT. They should be protecting their employees.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Meanwhile, notice how the powerful pangolin lobby has foisted blame off on the bats?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Um, you don't do it for the employer. You do it for your health.
    Wear a mask for 8-10 straight hours every day the rest of this week and get back to me on whether it is something you expect people to voluntarily do, even if it is in their best interests.

My point is just that it isn't something people are going to [want to] do, I'm not making a comment on what they should do.

Nice! If you are short of supplies, a ladies bra or bikini cup can make a great mask! ...

So Georgia's keeping the beaches open, but converting them to topless beaches?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Our policies here are certainly half-arsed. So it would be somewhat fitting.

Nice! If you are short of supplies, a ladies bra or bikini cup can make a great mask!

Went out last week to a Cary, NC Harris Teeter. Most customers were wearing masks (more women then men wearing) and none of the employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I'm thinking some of this discussion should be taking place here:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...-jacket-queens

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    I think, in this case, it means he is not on a ventilator yet. The guy was out there shaking hands and patting the backs of hospital workers about three weeks ago. I was not surprised that he caught it. Social distancing would be extremely difficult for him.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pital-bed.html

Shaking hands and bragging about it...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Two weeks ago.

CDC. "There is no need for masks for the general public."

Americans. "We need masks! Why are they keeping us from getting masks? Masks work for doctors but not for us? Yeah, right. Give us our masks!!!

Four days ago.

CDC. "Everybody should wear a mask."

Americans. "Nah. We're good."

That's how it seems to me. Haven't seen a single person in a mask since the CDC said to do it.
    You may be pleased to hear some cities are requiring masks to always be worn in public. IIRC, violators are substantially fined.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Haven't seen a single person in a mask since the CDC said to do it.
    Here in Durham, I've seen way more people in masks since Friday.

And SC now has a Stay At Home order.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Duke now requires them for the workers that are even allowed on campus at all.

Some good news maybe. MLB is trying to play games in Arizona in May. No fans in the stands, but it's progress at least.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/07/mlb-exploring-all-games-arizona-coronavirus-outbreak
    Last edited by left_hook_lacey; 04-07-2020 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Forgot link

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I went into a Kroger's in Cincinnati the first thing this morning. I think about half the customers in the store were wearing masks. I'll be optimistic and hope that there might be enough social pressure with that amount of usage that some of the non-believers will decided they should cover up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    ...That would be massively uncomfortable.
    That they are, I totally agree. But when the produce guys aren't wearing them either, right out on the floor and they are handling produce which is challenging enough to clean correctly, it's more anxiety than I need. Love Wegs, but come on now Rochester.
    Food Lion, otoh, was wearing them.

I was treated to a quiz question by the guy standing six feet in front of me in the check out line asking me if my mask had been correctly fitted. That I was still at risk if it hadn't been. Luckily one can mutter extremely bad words into one's mask and no one is the wiser or more likely to punch my nose through the mask. "Thanks Wanker!" was my salute to him.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I think, in this case, it means he is not on a ventilator yet. The guy was out there shaking hands and patting the backs of hospital workers about three weeks ago. I was not surprised that he caught it. Social distancing would be extremely difficult for him.
    Today they're saying that Boris is getting oxygen, but is not on a ventilator.

Regarding deli counters: that was the one spot in the our market yesterday that looked out of control, about five people bunched up waiting for nitrite laden meats that might off you if the virus doesn't.
    (I opted for the pre packaged nitrites over in the bacon/sausage section)...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Today they're saying that Boris is getting oxygen, but is not on a ventilator.

Regarding deli counters: that was the one spot in the our market yesterday that looked out of control, about five people bunched up waiting for nitrite laden meats that might off you if the virus doesn't.
    (I opted for the pre packaged nitrites over in the bacon/sausage section)...
    Reports are he's getting better and "in good spirits" after the oxygen treatments.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-care-11969756

Can't properly insert links from mobile today for some reason.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 04-07-2020 at 09:11 AM.

This is a bit surprising..don't mean to kick off policy debate, but much has been made of the Peter Navarro vs Anthony Fauci dustup a few days ago...ironically, it now seems that Navarro was the first administration official to warn of a possible pandemic, in January: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/polit...nyt/index.html

I'm not sure where he stands now...

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    And SC now has a Stay At Home order.
    It's actually a "Stay at Home or Work" order. He's always try to walk that line. Most non essential businesses are closed by either state or more likely local decree. It's basically to stop people putzing around because some of the state highways are busier now than before the pandemic. I noticed that yesterday when I (as tribute) was delivering groceries to the rest of the family across the county. The list of exceptions include:

Attending religious services
    Traveling for court proceedings or other legal obligations
    Participating in outdoor recreation

So golf courses are still open.

It's actually a "Stay at Home or Work" order. He's always try to walk that line. Most non essential businesses are closed by either state or more likely local decree. It's basically to stop people putzing around because some of the state highways are busier now than before the pandemic. I noticed that yesterday when I (as tribute) was delivering groceries to the rest of the family across the county. The list of exceptions include:

Attending religious services
    Traveling for court proceedings or other legal obligations
    Participating in outdoor recreation

So golf courses are still open.
    Golf courses still open here in Virginia, too. Played nine holes yesterday.

I walk pushing a cart, so no contact with the carts. The holes have been raised up out of the ground about 3 inches, so there is a ring (looks like duct tape) where the hole used to be. When the ball hits the ring it is considered holed. Therefore, nobody touches the flagstick. The ball washers are all covered with plastic bags. No drinking water on the course (I bring a big container of water that fits perfectly into a cupholder on my push cart, so no problem for me).

It's in the open air. I touch only my own golf clubs, golf balls, and tees. I see the risk as EXTREMELY low. And, it's good for the soul (except that I missed an 8-foot putt for birdie on the fourth hole; that one stung a bit).
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust