Page 414 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514914 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 22195
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...s-in-the-state
    Georgia governor overrides all local mask requirements. There are so many laws that are difficult to enforce, why do governors keep using this argument?

Saliva test sounds great, but what if I find I have rabies? Still upset about how Old Yeller turned out...

Meanwhile the Republican convention is being "scaled back" due to something about the virus...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Good to hear! How long has it taken to get results for those that have gotten tests? My wife went two weeks ago to one of the drive up CVS testing places and STILL doesn't have results. Pretty worthless if it takes that long... Having said that, she clearly doesn't have it as has no symptoms. She was short on breath for one day and was being super paranoid.
    I took the test Sunday late afternoon - missed the LabCorp pickup by 15 minutes so sample didn't go out until Monday. Results were up on their website last night. Probably won't hear from CareNow for a couple of more days. They had given me the info about putting an app on my phone when I had the test done but I just set up the LabCorp registration online.

COVID-19 IN VIRGINIA

Positive COVID-19 Cases: 74,431 (+904 from Wednesday)
    People Hospitalized: 7,020 (+115 from Wednesday)
    COVID-19-Linked Deaths: 2,007 (+15 from Wednesday)
    Total Tests: 946,617 (17,749 from Wednesday)

Cameron and Hidalgo counties in Texas are sharing a refrigerated trailer for bodies as the morgues runneth over...

My brother and his family are quarantined after a friend tested positive. Timeline of events: Friend develops symptoms and gets a COVID test last Thursday. Friend says nothing to my brother and let’s his boys spend Friday and Sat with my brother’s family. Brother brings the boys back to his friend’s house on Sat afternoon and is told the friend tested positive. What kind of person does that to a friend? Not sure how we are going to get people on board with masks and social distancing if we can’t even trust folks to not expose others when they are symptomatic. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    My brother and his family are quarantined after a friend tested positive. Timeline of events: Friend develops symptoms and gets a COVID test last Thursday. Friend says nothing to my brother and let’s his boys spend Friday and Sat with my brother’s family. Brother brings the boys back to his friend’s house on Sat afternoon and is told the friend tested positive. What kind of person does that to a friend? Not sure how we are going to get people on board with masks and social distancing if we can’t even trust folks to not expose others when they are symptomatic. SMH
    Jesus... sorry, but what an I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

I just don't get this attitude. I went totally overboard the other way and would do it again. I worry more about giving it to others than getting it myself.

I hope that your brother and family stay healthy. And find a way to forgive their friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ryetales View Post
    Georgia governor overrides all local mask requirements. There are so many laws that are difficult to enforce, why do governors keep using this argument?
    WTH? I mean, seriously WTH?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Cameron and Hidalgo counties in Texas are sharing a refrigerated trailer for bodies as the morgues runneth over...
    That's good, right? I was always taught sharing was good.

On a less gallows-humor note, I sure hope it doesn't take much more to convince the deniers, refuseniks and so forth. As for the directive by the Gov of GA, I have no (positive) words.

My brother and his family are quarantined after a friend tested positive. Timeline of events: Friend develops symptoms and gets a COVID test last Thursday. Friend says nothing to my brother and let’s his boys spend Friday and Sat with my brother’s family. Brother brings the boys back to his friend’s house on Sat afternoon and is told the friend tested positive. What kind of person does that to a friend?
    Definitely, not someone I would consider a friend!

Very sorry your brother and his family are dealing with this terrible experience. Truly hope they find a much better friend (it should be easy to accomplish!).

Where did you see/hear that information?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Where did you see/hear that information?
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/healt...day/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    Thanks!

Unfathomable. Yikes. How self-centered do you have to be???
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

My county, Bexar, already has a couple staged.

Quote Originally Posted by ryetales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post

Now, THIS is funny (kinda). What is the biggest motivating factor to wear masks in Georgia? COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! Not saving lives...

AJC:
    "Instead, [Georgia Governor Kemp]'s forcefully urged Georgians to don face coverings and warned not doing so threatens the college football season."

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Down here, our spirit animals are honey badgers.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Down here, our spirit animals are honey badgers.
    Is it illegal for them to wear masks?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    COVID-19 IN VIRGINIA

Positive COVID-19 Cases: 74,431 (+904 from Wednesday)
    People Hospitalized: 7,020 (+115 from Wednesday)
    COVID-19-Linked Deaths: 2,007 (+15 from Wednesday)
    Total Tests: 946,617 (17,749 from Wednesday)
    Hampton Roads continues as the Virginia hot spot with 472 of the 904 new cases. Article linked below states hospitalizations and deaths also trending up.

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news...y-case-record/

Shockingly (yes, that is sarcasm), Dr. Demetria Lindsay, health director for Norfolk and Virginia Beach says not enough people are wearing masks.
    Bob Green