Page 722 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 222622672712720721722723724732772822 ... LastLast
Results 14,421 to 14,440 of 22200

Well

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Soon its two a days in 90 plus weather high humidity. So masks will not be present .unless u want to pass out from lack of oxygen from a sweat soaked mask lol.
    I'm only talking about wearing them inside, at stores and similar places.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    While I've also enjoyed not getting sick really at all the past year, I don't think it's repeatable on a go-forward basis by just me donning a mask. There's been a plunge in illnesses being spread because of much less mobility in general, fewer social interactions, fewer people working in person, social distancing, and OTHERS wearing masks. If it's just me wearing a mask in a "normal" year, I don't know how protected or not I would be. Certainly, there'd be SOME protection, but hard to know with exact precision how impactful the various levers are without looking at them in isolation (which we did not do this past year). Having said that, I could see wearing a mask for short periods during a flu season in "high risk" environments. But I don't want to be wearing a mask as the "norm" for the entirety of the work day as an example as a standard "office worker."
    I’m thinking wearing a mask is an excellent defense against airborne respiratory viruses, particularly if everyone wears one

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I'm only talking about wearing them inside, at stores and similar places.
    Ah ok. I am 50 50 our case count statewide is around 100 or less.
    I won't go out and eat though.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I know some folks that have decided they will be wearing masks next fall/winter since they made it through the past fall/winter without any colds. The US may start looking at the Asian countries of my youth - masks a common sight in the fall/winter months.
    I fully intend to wear a mask indoors this winter and in forthcoming ones.

I'm also hoping that improved ventilation systems, and ventilation strategies, that have been installed or implemented over the last year will continue, and improve overall public health.

Book Review – The Premonition

I just finished the new book by Michael Lewis, The Premonition, about the pandemic and our response. It's like almost every other Michael Lewis book: entertaining and quirky characters with interesting and sometimes hilarious stories. Not surprisingly, he paints the CDC in a terrible light.

I'm glad I read it. If you like reading Michael Lewis, you'll like this book.

A judge ruled that a hospital in Houston is allowed to require vaccinations of all employees.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...it/7672997002/

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    A judge ruled that a hospital in Houston is allowed to require vaccinations of all employees.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...it/7672997002/
    I don't understand why this is a question. People in healthcare ought to be vaccinated against a litany of diseases to best protect themselves and the patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I don't understand why this is a question. People in healthcare ought to be vaccinated against a litany of diseases to best protect themselves and the patients.
    "Ought to be" and "legally required" are not the same thing though.

And I would agree that vaccination is the sensible thing to do.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

A hospital requiring it of their employees is in the "ought to be" category. We don't force people to work in hospitals but if you choose to work in them, you have to do some of the health related things that we all ought to do.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

Clearly not the same thing. But clearly makes sense to me.

Jobs/careers have requirements. If I want a job in international business and it's required that I speak conversational Japanese - that's fair. If I don't want to take the time to learn, okay, but I certainly won't get hired for that job.

Clearly not the same thing. But clearly makes sense to me.

Jobs/careers have requirements. If I want a job in international business and it's required that I speak conversational Japanese - that's fair. If I don't want to take the time to learn, okay, but I certainly won't get hired for that job.
    Hai, arigato!

The company I work for has recently revised their office mask guidelines. If vaccinated you can be in the office without a mask with no social distancing. If not vaccinated you have to wear a mask and social distance. This will be implemented by an honor system.
    We will also return to the office max 50% in July, 75% in August and back to 100% in September. Many employees are already raising concerns, both vaccinated and non. Basically vaccinated people do not want to be around non vaccinated. Non vaccinated do not want to wear a mask. Then there is the fact that our desks are so close it will actually be impossible to social distance. I have already seen one comment where a non vaccinated college has said the company is violating his Hipaa rights with this direction.

In my opinion there are going to be a lot of issues.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Hai, arigato!
    Sou desu ne!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    The company I work for has recently revised their office mask guidelines. If vaccinated you can be in the office without a mask with no social distancing. If not vaccinated you have to wear a mask and social distance. This will be implemented by an honor system.
    We will also return to the office max 50% in July, 75% in August and back to 100% in September. Many employees are already raising concerns, both vaccinated and non. Basically vaccinated people do not want to be around non vaccinated. Non vaccinated do not want to wear a mask. Then there is the fact that our desks are so close it will actually be impossible to social distance. I have already seen one comment where a non vaccinated college has said the company is violating his Hipaa rights with this direction.

In my opinion there are going to be a lot of issues.
    Interesting question about HIPAA... maybe the fact that it is on the 'honor system' and the fact that vaccinated people could also choose to wear masks would make that charge non-viable?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Interesting question about HIPAA... maybe the fact that it is on the 'honor system' and the fact that vaccinated people could also choose to wear masks would make that charge non-viable?
    Perhaps I misunderstand HIPAA, but I thought it covered privacy of medical records/disclosure by health care providers. Unless Furniture's employer is also their company's health care provider, I'm not sure how HIPAA would be relevant...

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstand HIPAA, but I thought it covered privacy of medical records/disclosure by health care providers. Unless Furniture's employer is also their company's health care provider, I'm not sure how HIPAA would be relevant...
    Your understanding is correct:

HIPAA only applies to what are called “covered entities.” Those are, essentially, health care providers (doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies, for instance), health insurers, and health care clearinghouses (which process medical data). It also covers their “business associates,” or contractors who have to handle medical records in some way to do work for those covered entities. Those parties are required to follow certain protocols to keep your protected health information secure and private.

https://www.vox.com/recode/22363011/...health-privacy

HIPAA only applies to what are called “covered entities.” Those are, essentially, health care providers (doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies, for instance), health insurers, and health care clearinghouses (which process medical data). It also covers their “business associates,” or contractors who have to handle medical records in some way to do work for those covered entities. Those parties are required to follow certain protocols to keep your protected health information secure and private.

I think it also covers tarheels whenever they are embarrassed to tell the truth about any of their minions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post

I think this is a common misunderstanding. I know is has come up regarding our prayer list at church. HIPAA doesn't apply - no matter what our church administrative assistant thinks. However, common courtesy does - I ask someone if I can put them on the prayer list. If they say yes, I share their first name and brief detail (health, change in job, etc.). If the answer is no, they stay in my prayers but I don't pass it along to others.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I think this is a common misunderstanding. I know is has come up regarding our prayer list at church. HIPAA doesn't apply - no matter what our church administrative assistant thinks. However, common courtesy does - I ask someone if I can put them on the prayer list. If they say yes, I share their first name and brief detail (health, change in job, etc.). If the answer is no, they stay in my prayers but I don't pass it along to others.
    HIPAA has become one of the most commonly misunderstood law in America over the past few months. It may have even surpassed "Freedom of Speech" being misunderstood as "Freedom from any consequences of my voicing abhorrent statements."

Or

HIPAA has become one of the most commonly misunderstood law in America over the past few months. It may have even surpassed "Freedom of Speech" being misunderstood as "Freedom from any consequences of my voicing abhorrent statements."
    How about that constitutional right not to wear a mask?