Page 990 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 490890940980988989990991992100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 19,781 to 19,800 of 22200
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 15 View Post
    I just got my confirmation email from the USPS. It would appear that the two websites are the same thing.

Section 15
    Some people probably don’t want to give their info to “.gov”.

Not really kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Not really kidding.
    Ironic, as I suspect those same people all have driver's licenses. Among other forms of "tracking" that the government has access to.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Ironic, as I suspect those same people all have driver's licenses. Among other forms of "tracking" that the government has access to.
    And cell phones.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    If some poor dude is charged with tracking me then he should be put on suicide watch because of the boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    If some poor dude is charged with tracking me then he should be put on suicide watch because of the boredom.
    I’ve got some relatives who are very into the idea that the government is keeping tabs on them. I can’t tell if that’s hubris, paranoia, or if they actually are involved in something illicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I’ve got some relatives who are very into the idea that the government is keeping tabs on them. I can’t tell if that’s hubris, paranoia, or if they actually are involved in something illicit.
    That’s what “birds” do. Spy on us.

What has two thumbs and just tested positive for Covid?

To be clear, I am talking about me, not John Krasinski.

So far, cough and headache with a mild runny nose. Nothing major though the headache is getting worse. If the pattern holds with other folks I know who were vaxed and boosted, I've got a bad 24-48 hours and then I am in the clear.

-Jason "first rapid home test came back negative last night... second test this afternoon was a strong positive" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

So far, cough and headache with a mild runny nose. Nothing major though the headache is getting worse. If the pattern holds with other folks I know who were vaxed and boosted, I've got a bad 24-48 hours and then I am in the clear.

-Jason "first rapid home test came back negative last night... second test this afternoon was a strong positive" Evans
    Good luck - hope it doesn't get worse.

And you better not have given it to Nate James!

The second test proves the powers of your perseverance. Get well quickly.

Hoping you've already seen the worst of it! Be well soon!

Ugh, sorry to hear this and hope you get better soon! Yea, my Covid "experience" was like a moderate head cold. Very congested sinuses, sneezing, and a mild sinus headache. No fever or coughing. Lasted 2 to 3 days and then gradually got better. Worst part about it was living in solitary confinement for 5 days. My very kind wife and daughter did deliver decent "grub" to me three times a day and left it on a tray outside my "prison door". But I have newfound appreciation and sympathy for those unlucky folks in solitary confinement in prison.
    I am fully vaccinated and boosted (Pfizer). I would like to think this alleviated many of the worse symptoms.

Get well. You should be fine though - so far Gates Corp has been good about sending the "no hospitalization" code to the chips.

Good luck Jason. Fingers crossed that your case is not bad at all. That seems to be the trend with omicron and those in low-risk groups.

Wish me luck in either (a) avoiding the COVID my son now has or (b) getting it and having a really light case.

Good luck! Yes, in all likelihood will be similar to a bad cold/"mild" flu. I am also boosted and had a bad 3 days, I'd say. The "worst" for me was fever/chills a couple times that was NOT as bad as my response to dose #2, but still unpleasant for when it occurred and was off/on for two nights. Still had lingering cough several days later. But my wife had basically nothing. Same with 5-year old. So, who knows. Not always a rhyme or reason. We all got it from my 3-year old who got it from daycare...
    Best wishes it's mild and quick for you.

Not really kidding.
    As a federal employee, I give my info to .gov every day.

Just ordered my four free home covid tests. Apparently the website (see above) has gone live a day early. The process was simple (name, mailing address, and email address if you want confirmation) and that's it. My guess is that as soon as people realize it is live, the site will be busy and slow.

FYI

Section 15

Edit: Here's a live link: www.covidtests.gov
    I just got my confirmation email from the USPS. It would appear that the two websites are the same thing.

Section 15
    Color me impressed! (Assuming the tests do indeed arrive in a reasonable time.) They followed the KISS rule - a nice, clean webpage that was instantly reachable (not a given on an opening day nationwide roll out). It took me 1 minute max from opening site to order placed.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    As a federal employee, I give my info to .gov every day.
    So, you’re in on it then?

(And hope you feel better soon, Jason)

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Wonder how many of these "they might be watching" people use apps like the Sleep Cycle app I have on my Iphone? The app monitors your sleep - just turn it on and set it next to you when you go to bed. The next morning you get a sleep report that tells you when you went to bed, how long until you fell asleep, how long slept, the quality of sleep, etc. It also gives you a sleep stages chart, hour by hour tracing up and down as you cycle from shallow to deep sleep, back and forth. Now how does it know what sleep stage you are in? One way it knows is by sound - when you are in shallow sleep you move around in bed a lot but when you are in deep sleep your body is paralyzed, so you don't. When you move you make sounds and this app picks up those sounds. Works like a charm! But... that means, of course, that this app is more intrusive than say Alexa. It is sending every sound in your room from the time you go to bed until you get up to a server in who the hell knows where? They don't just get the sounds, they record them. That became super clear when the daily report added 15 second clickable sound clips of noises it picked up in the night. Each clip is labeled as "snoring" "sleep talk" "talking" "coughing", all categorization done by their AI. You can click the clip and hear yourself sleep talking about that girl you are dreaming about or snoring like a chainsaw, whatever the case. But know what else is monitored? Obviously - everything. If an argument breaks out and there is a gunshot it has a recording of the entire thing. If you talk to your spouse about a crime you or someone else committed it has a recording. Did I mention the app is free, even though it is ad free and kept up to date and improved year after year? Did I mention it gives you average statistics for countries around the world? So this innocent looking, under the radar free sleep app is carrying out real time monitoring of peoples bedrooms all around the world. And who made the app? Was it made by the Mossad, the KGB, a Chinese cyber-espionage group or an earnest young programmer trying to make a buck? Who knows? Snooping much?

I bet many of these people who would never use Alexa because it might be a gov't listening device use apps like this all the time.

Btw I thought about this because I, like ClemmonsDevil, don't care if they listen. The only threat I pose is boring them to death. Btw I do sleep talk. Some times a bit excitedly. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it is unintelligible.

Just ordered my four free home covid tests. Apparently the website (see above) has gone live a day early. The process was simple (name, mailing address, and email address if you want confirmation) and that's it. My guess is that as soon as people realize it is live, the site will be busy and slow.

FYI

Section 15

Edit: Here's a live link: www.covidtests.gov
    Forwarded to all my friends and neighbors. Thanks!

So, you’re in on it then?

(And hope you feel better soon, Jason)
    Obviously a deep state operative.

And ditto on the get well wishes to Jason and everyone else who contracts the virus. I may need your get well thoughts before long myself.

Section 15