Page 54 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556641041545541054 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 22195
    So my twins, juniors at GMU, Fairfax, Va, are on Spring break, (nowextended another week), and will be taking classes on-line going forward.
    UVA, JMU, similar, sorry if repetitive. Many more to follow.
    Keep hear the dance may be called off.
    That would suck!!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I'm glad you are optimistic. Personally, the curve is still unseen.

Imagine you are sitting at the top row of Wallace Wade (and it's a complete water tight bowl for this thought experiment).

It is 1pm and a single drop of water is added to the stadium. One minute later it is double to two drops. Two minutes later it doubles again to four drops. The amount of water added doubles every single minute. You don't really even notice anything for the first 20 minutes or so, but then you notice a large puddle. At 1:45 you notice water covering the field and maybe at the first row of seats. No big deal, plenty of time. The stadium is 93% empty. Three minutes later a 1:48 the stadium is half full. One minute later the stadium is overflowing with water and it's game over.

The problem right now is that we can't see the problem, but the virus is out there growing and growing. Once we notice it, it will be too late.
    I need that avatar of Anthony wishing people into the cornfield, now, please.

Would it be too late to point out that this could be a win-win situation for the fear-bearers? If the virus is indeed serious, we were warned. If it's not, kudos to the Great Prevention.

Or, it could be a lose-lose. I didn't get to cheer for my beloved Blue Devils tomorrow in person, eat a delicious hot dog, and buy a shirt. And the next time there's a health scare, nobody pays attention or lots of people just refuse to cooperate.

We humans pick our hills to fight and die on. We could have made car deaths a rarity a long time ago. But speed and an unwillingness to make autos safe rather than pretty baubles trumped that.

I'm hoping the save-us measures are the right thing to do. We just don't know right now whether Wallace Wade is filled with virus cases or manure. And, right or wrong, I don't like being told what to do. Human nature. It is what it is.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    And, right or wrong, I don't like being told what to do. Human nature. It is what it is.
    What if what you're told can potentially save the lives of others.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Would be even better with a pancake on his head.
    yourewelcome.jpg

I agree

Hoiberg

Nebraska’s coach had to leave the game and be rushed to a hospital. Was supposedly sick all day and still decided to coach. If he tests positive it could be the end of this year’s tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post

I'm hoping the save-us measures are the right thing to do. We just don't know right now whether Wallace Wade is filled with virus cases or manure. And, right or wrong, I don't like being told what to do. Human nature. It is what it is.
    I'm a big live free or die guy. Very libertarian in my philosophies. I suppose I am somewhat oppositional defiant and definitely anti-establishment.

Let me tell you, I'm ready to cancel all the things and put the US into lockdown for a month. Hang the costs. Give it a universal income for the duration, suspend debt payments and utilities. Whatnot it takes to get people to stay home. The quickest path is straight through.

Furman University in Greenville, SC is on spring break now and was scheduled to resume classes on 03/16. This message went out today at around 6:00 PM.

"Furman University has extended spring break one week. Remote instruction will start March 23. Please see you email for further details."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Trump announces 30 day ban on travel to U.S. from Europe excluding the UK.
    Maybe they could take 14 day quarantine cruises across the Atlantic. I hear a few ships might be available at bargain rates.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I suppose I am somewhat oppositional defiant and definitely anti-establishment.
    These are environmental adaptations for an NC State fan.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Someone needs to take Coach K home immediately and tell him not to leave until this is all over. I don't care if that means the tournament is cancelled.

I don't want any of the older coaches around this thing. Coach K, Boheim, and yes, even 'ol Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    Nebraska’s coach had to leave the game and be rushed to a hospital. Was supposedly sick all day and still decided to coach. If he tests positive it could be the end of this year’s tourney.
    I hope he’s ok. And that his symptoms were not of the covid-19 variety. And that he wasn’t stupid enough to put everyone around him at risk.

The thing I fear most in this whole thing are people who are stubborn, arrogant or both.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    I. Have. No.

Actually, I do have words!

Can someone post a picture of the actual pancake bunny, just to make us all feel a bit better. It was a very cute bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I. Have. No.

Actually, I do have words!

Can someone post a picture of the actual pancake bunny, just to make us all feel a bit better. It was a very cute bunny.
    I *think* this was the one. Can you confirm?

pancakebunny1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    I *think* this was the one. Can you confirm?

pancakebunny1.jpg
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Yes!
    More specifically:

Last edited by pfrduke; 03-12-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I hope he’s ok. And that his symptoms were not of the covid-19 variety. And that he wasn’t stupid enough to put everyone around him at risk.

The thing I fear most in this whole thing are people who are stubborn, arrogant or both.
    Get this. The press release says he tested positive for “Influenza A (common cold)”........

Travel Ban

Apparently the travel ban is for the Schengen Area, not all of Europe. So that explains why the UK is not included.

Per Wiki, Hoiberg had aortic valve replacement in 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Per Wiki, Hoiberg had aortic valve replacement in 2025.
    So the Wikimedia Foundation managed to get Doc Brown on staff after all, eh? I never thought he'd go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Someone needs to take Coach K home immediately and tell him not to leave until this is all over. I don't care if that means the tournament is cancelled.

I don't want any of the older coaches around this thing. Coach K, Boheim, and yes, even 'ol Roy.
    I agree. Even if there is a 0.1% chance that Coach K can't recover from Covid-19 then we have to treat it as an absolute certainty.