Page 1090 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 9059099010401080108810891090109110921100 ... LastLast
Results 21,781 to 21,800 of 22195
    Well, I'm 70 (almost) ... but as usual I fail the cultural literacy test. Guess I'll have to find something else for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Well, I'm 70 (almost) ... but as usual I fail the cultural literacy test. Guess I'll have to find something else for lunch.
    Get the Big Salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Get the Big Salad.
    Or a marble rye.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Soup is overrated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Or a marble rye.
    Or the black and white. On second thought, maybe skip the black and white.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

So, I got an unexpected email this morning. The powers that be have decided to lift the mask mandate for our facility. Masks will still be available for those who wish to continue wearing them, but masking will no longer be required.

People seeking help for a respiratory illness are asked to continue masking, and everyone is asked to stay away when ill and to continue some semblance of distancing (which is ridiculous, because nobody has been doing this at all anymore).

I guess we knew this was coming someday, and the numbers around the area support it, but it still came as somewhat of a surprise to me.

I remember how shocked I was when I was first told that we would have to mask for all patient encounters. I hated the idea, and I thought it would prove not feasible. But we did it.

Now, with it lifting, I suppose I should be very happy, and i kind of am, but at the same time it's like taking off the training wheels, a feeling of ecstasy mixed with dread.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    So, I got an unexpected email this morning. The powers that be have decided to lift the mask mandate for our facility. Masks will still be available for those who wish to continue wearing them, but masking will no longer be required.

People seeking help for a respiratory illness are asked to continue masking, and everyone is asked to stay away when ill and to continue some semblance of distancing (which is ridiculous, because nobody has been doing this at all anymore).

I guess we knew this was coming someday, and the numbers around the area support it, but it still came as somewhat of a surprise to me.

I remember how shocked I was when I was first told that we would have to mask for all patient encounters. I hated the idea, and I thought it would prove not feasible. But we did it.

Now, with it lifting, I suppose I should be very happy, and i kind of am, but at the same time it's like taking off the training wheels, a feeling of ecstasy mixed with dread.
    Starting Monday at my employer, if you are not in contact with any patient, then you do not have to mask. If you are anywhere a patient might be (cafeteria, lobby, etc) masks are still required.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Must spread sporks yada yada yada

What's the over-under on % people here who get that reference? I thought about adding a video but, meh, not in the mood. Let those who don't get it look it up.
    I got you on the sporks - and nice complement with the Yadas.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

I’d love to get updated COVID-19 boosters every six months (I’m high risk). I’m more than willing to pay. I’ve already had one (about six months ago). How can I get another one soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I’d love to get updated COVID-19 boosters every six months (I’m high risk). I’m more than willing to pay. I’ve already had one (about six months ago). How can I get another one soon?
    The last booster released was the bivalent one last September. I have not heard of high-risk folks getting anything in addition to that, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The last booster released was the bivalent one last September. I have not heard of high-risk folks getting anything in addition to that, yet.
    Thanks for your informed response.

Will the USA be shifting to a personal payment scenario soon? Will that enable the consumer to pay for, and receive, the most updated booster whenever they desire?

Thanks for your informed response.

Will the USA be shifting to a personal payment scenario soon? Will that enable the consumer to pay for, and receive, the most updated booster whenever they desire?
    It's probably going to migrate to the model used for the flu shot. Insurance should cover it and those without insurance can pay out of pocket. Technically (although it's against medical advise) nothing stops anyone from rolling up to different pharmacies and getting a shot whenever. There have been several stories of people that have taking more than the approved vaccine schedule. It was to either help someone else avoid a mandated shoot or thinking it would offer more protection. Don't do that. It's an extremely small sample group.

Also here an update for you about a second Omicron booster.

FDA May Authorize Additional Covid-19 Booster Shots
    Agency officials could make the decision on clearing another round for people at high risk within a few week

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    It's probably going to migrate to the model used for the flu shot. Insurance should cover it and those without insurance can pay out of pocket. Technically (although it's against medical advise) nothing stops anyone from rolling up to different pharmacies and getting a shot whenever. There have been several stories of people that have taking more than the approved vaccine schedule. It was to either help someone else avoid a mandated shoot or thinking it would offer more protection. Don't do that. It's an extremely small sample group.

Also here an update for you about a second Omicron booster.

FDA May Authorize Additional Covid-19 Booster Shots
    Agency officials could make the decision on clearing another round for people at high risk within a few week
    Much thanks for excellent advice and information!

Don’t all the Covid vaccines start losing effectiveness after 6 months? I thought I read a study showing substantial and progressive loss of effectiveness after 180 days?

Much thanks for excellent advice and information!

Don’t all the Covid vaccines start losing effectiveness after 6 months? I thought I read a study showing substantial and progressive loss of effectiveness after 180 days?
    To follow up here's an email I received this morning from United Health Care. My business using them for our group plan. I think most companies will follow a similar plan.

"COVID-19 and End of Public Health Emergency Update

The federal government confirmed May 11, 2023, as the end of the Public Health Emergency (PHE). UnitedHealthcare has been planning for this change and reviewing recent guidance from the government agencies on how the end of the PHE affects COVID-19 vaccines, testing and treatments.

UnitedHealthcare standard approach for COVID-19 coverage after May 11, 2023, applies to fully insured and Level Funded health benefit plans and self-funded plans that follow UnitedHealthcare standard medical benefit coverage. UnitedHealthcare recommends self-funded customers follow the standard coverage.

The post-PHE standard approach accomplishes the following goals:

Supports return to normal plan benefits in a timely and consistent manner
    Aligns with commonly acceptable coverage for similar services
    Reduces variability in covid related services and provider and member confusion
    Supports timely payment for providers

Beginning May 12, 2023, the UnitedHealthcare standard approach and coverage for COVID-19 vaccines, testing and treatment will be as follows:

COVID-19 vaccines — Cover ACIP recommended and CDC adopted COVID-19 vaccine and booster serum and administration as part of preventive benefits at zero-dollar cost share, when in network.

Over-the-Counter (OTC) tests — No medical or pharmacy coverage of OTC COVID-19 tests for dates of service starting after May 11, 2023, unless mandated by state regulatory requirements. Members may use their account plans, such as Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) to purchase OTC tests.
    Surveillance testing — No coverage of in- or out-of-network surveillance testing.

COVID-19 lab-based testing — Coverage of FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 lab tests ordered by a physician or health care provider (e.g., pharmacist, nurse or doctor) in accordance with the member’s standard medical plan benefit.
    COVID-19 treatment — Coverage for FDA approved or authorized COVID-19 treatments, including Paxlovid and molnupiravir (Lagevrio), in accordance with a member’s standard plan benefits.

Telehealth — Coverage for telehealth visits in accordance with the member’s standard medical plan benefit for in and out of network (subject to cost share). Includes medical and behavioral telehealth services.
    Virtual Visits — Coverage for virtual visits in accordance with the member’s standard medical plan benefit, including medical and behavioral.

State guidance may result in variance from UnitedHealthcare standard coverage.

For self-funded customers that followed the standard approach during the PHE and will follow the UnitedHealthcare COVID-19 post PHE standard, no action is necessary.

Contact your broker or UnitedHealthcare representative for questions.

Note: Customers with questions on coverage, taxes, mandates or mental health parity, please consult with your counsel or tax advisor. "

Raccoon dog update

For those of you with access to the Washington Post, here's a raccoon dog update, from the wonderful science writer David Quammen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pillover-host/

No raccoon dog recipes, however.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    For those of you with access to the Washington Post, here's a raccoon dog update, from the wonderful science writer David Quammen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pillover-host/

No raccoon dog recipes, however.
    Maybe no recipes, but remember not to buy raccoon dog fur coats: “In Finland, they were executed by anal electrocution and then skinned, according to the Humane Society of the United States, which pleaded with consumers not to buy coats trimmed with raccoon dog fur.”

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Maybe no recipes, but remember not to buy raccoon dog fur coats: “In Finland, they were executed by anal electrocution and then skinned, according to the Humane Society of the United States, which pleaded with consumers not to buy coats trimmed with raccoon dog fur.”
    Yooooo...that, like, we are truly awful to some of the creatures on this earth.

Ooops

I intended to pu this in the plague watch thread, but goofed.

for long covid followers

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I intended to pu this in the plague watch thread, but goofed.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...dure-rcna75034

I know you among others have closely followed long covid, and NBC News had this story on last night, something that is providing relief for about 50% of those who have tried it. Still not clear why it works, but it does.

FDA to okay second omicron-targeting booster for some, officials say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-booster-shot/