Page 991 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 491891941981989990991992993100110411091 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,820 of 22195
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Ugh, sorry to hear this and hope you get better soon! Yea, my Covid "experience" was like a moderate head cold. Very congested sinuses, sneezing, and a mild sinus headache. No fever or coughing. Lasted 2 to 3 days and then gradually got better. Worst part about it was living in solitary confinement for 5 days. My very kind wife and daughter did deliver decent "grub" to me three times a day and left it on a tray outside my "prison door". But I have newfound appreciation and sympathy for those unlucky folks in solitary confinement in prison.
    I am fully vaccinated and boosted (Pfizer). I would like to think this alleviated many of the worse symptoms.
    Amazingly, I am having a really easy quarantine because I am the only person at home! My two sons went back to LA (works for Disney) and LA (goes to Tulane law school) a few days ago and my wife is visiting her mother (who had a fall, but no Covid) in Philly this week. So, it is just me and Cameron (the 12-year-old black lab mix) hanging out together this week. I work remotely so I just go from the bedroom to the home office and then the kitchen (with occasional stops in the bathroom). This is one Covid dude who is gonna be R-0 because ain't no one coming close to me for several days.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Amazingly, I am having a really easy quarantine because I am the only person at home! My two sons went back to LA (works for Disney) and LA (goes to Tulane law school) a few days ago and my wife is visiting her mother (who had a fall, but no Covid) in Philly this week. So, it is just me and Cameron (the 12-year-old black lab mix) hanging out together this week. I work remotely so I just go from the bedroom to the home office and then the kitchen (with occasional stops in the bathroom). This is one Covid dude who is gonna be R-0 because ain't no one coming close to me for several days.
    Feel better!

You know... as a father of two younger ones who is absolutely and totally burned out by work... I am almost wanting to get covid, just for the peace and quiet.

ALMOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    You know... as a father of two younger ones who is absolutely and totally burned out by work... I am almost wanting to get covid, just for the peace and quiet.

ALMOST.
    My physician friend was ACTIVELY trying to get COVID once one of her three children tested positive to have 5 days off of work and to align the isolation with the family. (But pretty unavoidable with three kids from 18 months to 5). Now, at Day 5, she's begging to go back to work as she's never been home this long with her kids not going anywhere...but they're not letting her back because she still tested positive on antigen at Day 5. She said in the past, she'd gone to work "much sicker" (but, of course, not with COVID). Incentives are sometimes odd these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    My physician friend was ACTIVELY trying to get COVID once one of her three children tested positive to have 5 days off of work and to align the isolation with the family. (But pretty unavoidable with three kids from 18 months to 5). Now, at Day 5, she's begging to go back to work as she's never been home this long with her kids not going anywhere...but they're not letting her back because she still tested positive on antigen at Day 5. She said in the past, she'd gone to work "much sicker" (but, of course, not with COVID). Incentives are sometimes odd these days...
    Children are a blessing and her heart has been blessed to the nth degree.

So I started feeling under the weather yesterday and then was worse this morning so my wife insisted that we both get tested for COVID. Sure enough I have it (she does not). Aches, chills, sore throat, stuffy nose, and cough are my symptoms. I am fully vaxxed so it will hopefully not be too bad but I am starting my 14 day quarantine today.

Quote Originally Posted by niveklaen View Post
    So I started feeling under the weather yesterday and then was worse this morning so my wife insisted that we both get tested for COVID. Sure enough I have it (she does not). Aches, chills, sore throat, stuffy nose, and cough are my symptoms. I am fully vaxxed so it will hopefully not be too bad but I am starting my 14 day quarantine today.
    Aw crap, good luck, if you are vaxxed I am sure you will be fine.

Sorry to hear this and hope you feel better very soon! Not sure you need to quarantine for 14 days. Linked below is the latest recommendations from the CDC about "quarantining" and "isolating". I believe, if you have tested positive for Covid, you should isolate for at least 5 days and then see where you stand (in terms of symptoms and test results (rapid test) after the 5 days.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...isolation.html

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Sorry to hear this and hope you feel better very soon! Not sure you need to quarantine for 14 days. Linked below is the latest recommendations from the CDC about "quarantining" and "isolating". I believe, if you have tested positive for Covid, you should isolate for at least 5 days and then see where you stand (in terms of symptoms and test results (rapid test) after the 5 days.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...isolation.html
    Agreed. 14 seems very extreme unless there are other factors involved. I did 10. Our sitter got Covid a few weeks later and we had her stay away for about a week (with a negative test before she came back).

Thanks guys - I will look at guidance on the length of the quarantine - if I can get back out and about sooner that will be happy.

Thanks guys - I will look at guidance on the length of the quarantine - if I can get back out and about sooner that will be happy.
    Ummm...if you get paid to stay home tell these people to mind their own bidness and take your 2 weeks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Ummm...if you get paid to stay home tell these people to mind their own bidness and take your 2 weeks!!!!!
    lol - I am teleworking so I can continue through the quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Agreed - for some people, a longer quarantine is preferred. I was going stir crazy in my bedroom with construction going on outside my window so was eager to get out!

Update -

Headache is better today (it was really bad yesterday but Tylenol worked surprisingly well) but all other symptoms are worse. Coughing a lot more than I was and nose is running like a faucet. I've got a oximeter and my oxygen levels are great so I am not worried but this is not fun.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Agreed - for some people, a longer quarantine is preferred. I was going stir crazy in my bedroom with construction going on outside my window so was eager to get out!
    I have a high threshold of boredom.

Update -

Headache is better today (it was really bad yesterday but Tylenol worked surprisingly well) but all other symptoms are worse. Coughing a lot more than I was and nose is running like a faucet. I've got a oximeter and my oxygen levels are great so I am not worried but this is not fun.
    Hopefully short duration. Get as much sleep as you can with a cough. That's always my problem when I have congestion, anyway. Nowhere to go but through.

The experts have been intimating that everyone will eventually get this. I’m holding out hope that somehow I can beat the odds that seem to be increasingly turning against me. A Friends daughter was just diagnosed my sister has had it and now my nephew has it. Reading this thread leads me to believe that sometime in the near future it will be my turn.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    The experts have been intimating that everyone will eventually get this. I’m holding out hope that somehow I can beat the odds that seem to be increasingly turning against me. A Friends daughter was just diagnosed my sister has had it and now my nephew has it. Reading this thread leads me to believe that sometime in the near future it will be my turn.
    I really think that those of us who have not been infected have a chance to get through this wave/tsunami and then have a few months of relative relaxation. Of course, luck plays a role. Some of my neighbors have had it recently, but it seems that it is mostly the ones with kids attending school.

I'm really hoping not to get it. The hospitals around here are very crowded, so, if my wife or I had to go to the hospital it would be a little scary. We are in our mid 60s, so face more risk than some people. We also have friends who are not young or who have various health issues that mean that an infection would be very bad for them.

So, this morning I finally got my negative lab test results from a week ago. My rapid test was so negative, but it seems absurd that it took a week for the more reliable results.

How is this still such a limitation? As someone who isn't currently working and who doesn't have a very full dance card, keeping myself and others safe by dramatically limiting my exposure was fairly painless. But if I were someone with a M-F regular in person job, it would be a serious hardship to miss a full week of work, feeling healthy and relatively safe. I have to admit, I understand why some people are tempted to ignore CDC recommendations

How do we not have free, fast, reliable testing, almost two years post-outbreak? Is it a limitation of the science? Of resources? Or supply chain? Of priorities?

How can we ask/expect people to do the responsible thing for the community when it can take over a week to get a reliable test result to confirm your quick test result? It's rather ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    So, this morning I finally got my negative lab test results from a week ago. My rapid test was so negative, but it seems absurd that it took a week for the more reliable results.

How is this still such a limitation? As someone who isn't currently working and who doesn't have a very full dance card, keeping myself and others safe by dramatically limiting my exposure was fairly painless. But if I were someone with a M-F regular in person job, it would be a serious hardship to miss a full week of work, feeling healthy and relatively safe. I have to admit, I understand why some people are tempted to ignore CDC recommendations

How do we not have free, fast, reliable testing, almost two years post-outbreak? Is it a limitation of the science? Of resources? Or supply chain? Of priorities?

How can we ask/expect people to do the responsible thing for the community when it can take over a week to get a reliable test result to confirm your quick test result? It's rather ludicrous.
    In Canada you can get same day PCR tests and 20 minute antigen tests. Now it costs you $150. But it can be done.