Page 1049 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104710481049
Results 20,961 to 20,965 of 20965

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Clearing up one point - not all long covid patients have continuing persistent symptoms. Long covid, last time I checked, is defined as symptoms lasting more than 2 weeks post recovery from initial infection. Patients whose symptoms clear after a month or longer would be considered long covid patients but not permanently disabled. I do not know what percent of long covid patients are experiencing permanent symptoms - that's something we will be studying for a long while.

Long Covid, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Clearing up one point - not all long covid patients have continuing persistent symptoms. Long covid, last time I checked, is defined as symptoms lasting more than 2 weeks post recovery from initial infection. Patients whose symptoms clear after a month or longer would be considered long covid patients but not permanently disabled. I do not know what percent of long covid patients are experiencing permanent symptoms - that's something we will be studying for a long while.
    I completely agree with your point. At the same time, however, I think I know that people who have had Covid infections may be at risk for health issues later in life, even if they don't have lingering symptoms that would qualify as long Covid. For example, one study suggests that people who had Covid may be at greater risk of diabetes: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...044-4/fulltext
    Another study found that people who had Covid infections scored lower on intelligence tests: https://www.psypost.org/2021/07/larg...lligence-61577
    I think there is also a study or two that suggests that people who had Covid infections are more likely to have heart disease afterwards, although I can't put my finger on those studies right now.
    My reading of these articles and studies is that the people at risk of these conditions don't necessarily qualify as having long Covid. If I'm wrong, I'd love to know it.

Sorry, naked link.

Opinion | 13 Final Texts From Loved Ones Lost to Covid - The New York Times

I didn't have anything to add which is why I ended up with the naked link.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Sorry, naked link.

Opinion | 13 Final Texts From Loved Ones Lost to Covid - The New York Times

I didn't have anything to add which is why I ended up with the naked link.
    I had to stop reading after first batch. Heartbreaking.