Page 906 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 4068068568969049059069079089169561006 ... LastLast
Results 18,101 to 18,120 of 22200
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That was my experience with dose #2 (except that it hit me about an hour before I planned on going to bed instead of after). My arm was sore before I was done waiting the 15 minutes for allergic reactions, which I took as a bad sign (I never had any arm soreness or symptoms with dose #1). Fingers crossed!
    I credit the post vaccine and post booster workouts for not experiencing bad side effects. And that is based on a N¹, so you know you can trust it.

Heterologous booster

I scheduled my heterologous (look it up) booster shot for later today. I wavered between Pfizer and Moderna, but the pharmacy with the most open appointments only offered Moderna, so I was happy enough to go with that.

Looks like Pfizer DID end up submitting data regarding "real world" efficacy in preventing symptomatic Covid-19 in a clinical trial of children ages 5 to 11. I had thought they were only going to rely on antibody levels and correlate that with what they've seen in adults. Quite a small sample size really, but showed 90.7% efficacy. The trial had 2,268 children and twice as many were given the vaccine as opposed to placebo. Of that group, 16 who got the placebo got Covid-19, whereas only 3 who got the vaccine did. That's promising although I find the "90.7%" reported efficacy likely has large error bars given the small sample size and potential variance. Still, good news from my perspective if you're looking to cut down on infection/spread. Hopefully the approval comes during the Oct 27 meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    My reaction to #3 has been much better. Woke up with a headache and some pretty nasty arm soreness but that’s about it. None of the fever/chills/fatigue I had with #2.
    I had my Pfizer booster shot late yesterday afternoon (at a local CVS). I have had some very mild arm soreness and I feel a little under the weather this morning (about the same as after the second Pfizer vaccine). I hope it lasts only a day.

Good news from Pfizer:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...vid-protection

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I scheduled my heterologous (look it up)
    Understood from context.

I scheduled my heterologous (look it up) booster shot for later today. I wavered between Pfizer and Moderna, but the pharmacy with the most open appointments only offered Moderna, so I was happy enough to go with that.
    My semi-professional opinion is that you were correct to go heterologous after initial J and J. I also don't think it really matters if you choose Pfizer or Moderna. My only question is for Moderna are you going to get the full dose (100 microgram) or the recommended booster dose (50 microgram). I wonder if pharmacies have half-dose booster procedures in place for Moderna. That could get fairly confusing for them.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I credit the post vaccine and post booster workouts for not experiencing bad side effects. And that is based on a N¹, so you know you can trust it.
    I'm not sure what the mechanism might be for a post-vaccine workout in preventing a case of chills that kicks in 12 hours later, but I concede that it might be possible. Still, I don't know that it would make the reaction worse, either, so maybe I'll take give your "remedy" a try next time. If nothing else, perhaps it will tire me out more so I might sleep through some of the onset?

If you think it might help, it might help. Works for lots of things. Just like my lucky socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I'm not sure what the mechanism might be for a post-vaccine workout in preventing a case of chills that kicks in 12 hours later, but I concede that it might be possible. Still, I don't know that it would make the reaction worse, either, so maybe I'll take give your "remedy" a try next time. If nothing else, perhaps it will tire me out more so I might sleep through some of the onset?
    Yes. This is probably up there with my Duke playing a 3 big lineup pretty often as a dumb take

I visited my dentist a few days ago. He's in his 70's so I asked him if he got his booster yet. He said he hasn't because he's been vaccinated 2x AND had a severe case of COVID a number of months ago AND his antibody numbers are off the charts.

I'm acknowledging the recent discussion here that we don't know the correlation between antibody numbers and protection, but he said he's concerned about having too much "protection" and that that hasn't really been studied. I thought it was an interesting take and welcome comments from the community. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing here that can be harmful?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Change in plans

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    My semi-professional opinion is that you were correct to go heterologous after initial J and J. I also don't think it really matters if you choose Pfizer or Moderna. My only question is for Moderna are you going to get the full dose (100 microgram) or the recommended booster dose (50 microgram). I wonder if pharmacies have half-dose booster procedures in place for Moderna. That could get fairly confusing for them.
    CVS canceled today's appointment, so I've rebooked for next Thursday. Staying heterologous, but switched to Pfizer, on the theory that it may be the Moderna that led to the cancellation. Ii agree that there probably is no meaningful difference in protection between the two mRNA vaccines when used as a booster for a previous J&J. Also, I can get the Pfizer at a CVS three blocks from my house, and was able to book for 10 a.m., when the pharmacy opens, and the store is not crowded.

My reaction to #3 has been much better. Woke up with a headache and some pretty nasty arm soreness but that’s about it. None of the fever/chills/fatigue I had with #2.
    I am 24 hours post Pfizer booster in my left arm and ‘senior strength’ flu shot in my right arm. Tenderness, slight pain at both injection sites. Also very tired- just took a 2 hour midday nap, something I never do. Otherwise feel fine - no chills, no headaches, etc. (Knock on wood!)
    My booster reaction so far is nearly identical to my reaction to 2nd Pfizer shot.

PS - The ‘no pushups’ intervention worked great in my N=1 clinical trial.
    Last edited by Skydog; 10-22-2021 at 02:23 PM.

CVS canceled today's appointment, so I've rebooked for next Thursday. Staying heterologous, but switched to Pfizer, on the theory that it may be the Moderna that led to the cancellation. Ii agree that there probably is no meaningful difference in protection between the two mRNA vaccines when used as a booster for a previous J&J. Also, I can get the Pfizer at a CVS three blocks from my house, and was able to book for 10 a.m., when the pharmacy opens, and the store is not crowded.
    Probably correct about reason for CVS cancellation. I asked them about getting Moderna booster yesterday and pharmacist said they had none available.

Well, our family could be looking at Covid as a cardiovascular disease. BiL that had a break through case in August had a scan this morning for a possible pulmonary embolism. (Fingers crossed they don't find that.) He is on Warfarin and has been for several years. Being an accountant, I thought that would make a pulmonary embolism less likely but who knows. Sister is working on being allowed to be with him - it helps to have two sets of ears listening to the doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Well, our family could be looking at Covid as a cardiovascular disease. BiL that had a break through case in August had a scan this morning for a possible pulmonary embolism. (Fingers crossed they don't find that.) He is on Warfarin and has been for several years. Being an accountant, I thought that would make a pulmonary embolism less likely but who knows. Sister is working on being allowed to be with him - it helps to have two sets of ears listening to the doctors.
    Good luck to your sister's husband. I hope they find and can fix whatever ails him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I visited my dentist a few days ago. He's in his 70's so I asked him if he got his booster yet. He said he hasn't because he's been vaccinated 2x AND had a severe case of COVID a number of months ago AND his antibody numbers are off the charts.

I'm acknowledging the recent discussion here that we don't know the correlation between antibody numbers and protection, but he said he's concerned about having too much "protection" and that that hasn't really been studied. I thought it was an interesting take and welcome comments from the community. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing here that can be harmful?
    Antibodies, as long as they are not aimed at your body's own tissues (auto-antibodies) are like dollars. It is generally better to have more of them.
    It is hard to be over-protected from an infectious disease.

(These are generalities. There are exceptions, and concepts such as antigen-antibody complexes and the like that can sometimes cause disease. Prolly beyond the scope of your question, and beyond the amount of time I have right now to post on my phone.)

29 hours post boost #3 and I am having some pain in my lower body a bit. Very weird feeling. Almost like it’s a little numb. Probably just need to get some rest and I’ll be 100% tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I am 24 hours post Pfizer booster in my left arm and ‘senior strength’ flu shot in my right arm. Tenderness, slight pain at both injection sites. Also very tired- just took a 2 hour midday nap, something I never do. Otherwise feel fine - no chills, no headaches, etc. (Knock on wood!)
    My booster reaction so far is nearly identical to my reaction to 2nd Pfizer shot.

PS - The ‘no pushups’ intervention worked great in my N=1 clinical trial.
    29 hours post boost #3 and I am having some pain in my lower body a bit. Very weird feeling. Almost like it’s a little numb. Probably just need to get some rest and I’ll be 100% tomorrow.
    I'm now 24 hours past my Pfizer booster shot and I feel OK. Just a little tired but I'm not sure that is from the shot or the fact I didn't sleep that well last night. I consider myself fortunate to have had no real reaction.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I got my flu shot today (required by the hospital where I work, has been for years) and I feel like crap. Does that word pass the censors? Yes, it does. I always feel like crap for a couple of days when I get a flu shot. It does make me wish this didn't have to be an every year thing but I have sucked it up since my youngest was diagnosed with the brain tumor. My employer requiring it came later. Comparing flu shots to covid (Pfizer) shots. I had a headache for about 48 hours with both Pfizer shots and was tired, but the headache was the only symptom. Feeling like crap is a flu shot phenomenon, but no headache, still, the flu shot for me is worse. I would never get both at the same time.

Heterologous booster

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Probably correct about reason for CVS cancellation. I asked them about getting Moderna booster yesterday and pharmacist said they had none available.
    I was able to make an appointment this morning at a local Safeway, and opted for the Pfizer, just to avoid all the confusion over Moderna. Just got the shot. Will see if I have any reaction. I had a very minimal reaction to the J&J back in February.