Page 903 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 4038038538939019029039049059139531003 ... LastLast
Results 18,041 to 18,060 of 22195
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Fully pin cushioned. Pfizer booster, quad flublock, both Shingex, pneumonia, rabies, distemper…..
    As someone who got mumps and chicken pox (and barely escaped measles) because my parents failed to vaccinate, I'm a big fan of shots (though I must say my recent shingles vaccine knocked me for a loop for 24 hours).

To be fair, I did get mumps and chicken pox before there were vaccines for them, so I guess I shouldn't blame my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Note to self - get on PackMan97's list of worthwhile people to save in case of a future apocalypse.
    Note to DukieInKansas - It's not really mine, but I know a guy who knows a guy. I've got my 25 blueberry and 4 blackberry bushes to sustain me at TEOTWAWKI.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    As someone who got mumps and chicken pox (and barely escaped measles) because my parents failed to vaccinate, I'm a big fan of shots (though I must say my recent shingles vaccine knocked me for a loop for 24 hours).

To be fair, I did get mumps and chicken pox before there were vaccines for them, so I guess I shouldn't blame my parents.
    I had mumps and chicken pox as a kid too. Never had measles, but my MMR shot anitbodies are good to go. I asked my PCP a couple of years ago and he had the lab check the blood sample and it came back good. Now that lab work cost me plenty as it wasn't covered by my health care.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    . The whole "Live free or die!" thing... it is a lot. I'd prefer something like "Live pretty free but with some generally-acceptable limits and regulations or be slightly more unhappy but still alive, while using my rights as a citizen to enact legal change!"

As you can maybe tell, I'm not big on slogans.
    You're sigan is catchy, but wouldn't make a good bumper sticker.

How about,"Vermont. Why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    "Live Free or Die" is a funny song written and performed by Hayes Carll, sung from the point of view of a New Hampshire convict who spends his days stamping out license plates for the state.

I have no issue with the New Hamsters keeping a motto that points out the true reason for there being a state called New Hampshire in the first place. Perhaps your problem is the simplistic morons who have misappropriated the phrase for less worthy "causes". I can get behind that notion.
    John Hyatt has a great song “Tennessee Plates” which hits a similar theme.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Note to self - get on PackMan97's list of worthwhile people to save in case of a future apocalypse.
    Nah. Do you have any idea how cold it gets in Wyoming during the winter? And it's always winter in Wyoming. And that volcano is going to blow any day now.

Of course, that one's going to get us all anyway, so never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Nah. Do you have any idea how cold it gets in Wyoming during the winter? And it's always winter in Wyoming.
    I do, both winter-winter (September to May-ish) and the rest-of-the-year winter. Also, the three weeks of not-winter (rumored, not guaranteed to exist on an annual basis.) I think with the whole global warming/climate change taking place, their growing season has extended out to almost 72 hours, so there's that.

And that volcano is going to blow any day now.

Of course, that one's going to get us all anyway, so never mind.
    That, or SMOD. Don't have much of a preference other than timing. Not soon would be good and much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
    I do, both winter-winter (September to May-ish) and the rest-of-the-year winter. Also, the three weeks of not-winter (rumored, not guaranteed to exist on an annual basis.) I think with the whole global warming/climate change taking place, their growing season has extended out to almost 72 hours, so there's that.

That, or SMOD. Don't have much of a preference other than timing. Not soon would be good and much appreciated.
    I confess I had to look up SMOD. To save others time, it's Sweet Meteor of Death.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I had mumps and chicken pox as a kid too. Never had measles, but my MMR shot anitbodies are good to go. I asked my PCP a couple of years ago and he had the lab check the blood sample and it came back good. Now that lab work cost me plenty as it wasn't covered by my health care.
    Vaccine schmackzine. Those were the days when you went out and earned your antibodies the hard way. Prior to entering the first grade my mother sent me to play with Victor Burns, a friend who Lived around the corner who was suffering from a raging case of chicken pox. Yeah that’s right i was “Sophie’s Choiced” by my dear mum. Two weeks of utter misery followed, canker sores on my lips and the roof of my mouth, oozing body sores all because mom wanted to make sure I didn’t miss school. Mom tutored Latin which was another torture I endured as an elementary school student. Though I was the only kid in my peer group who could deliver a solemn high mass.

Just received my Pfizer booster.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Vaccine schmackzine. Those were the days when you went out and earned your antibodies the hard way. Prior to entering the first grade my mother sent me to play with Victor Burns, a friend who Lived around the corner who was suffering from a raging case of chicken pox. Yeah that’s right i was “Sophie’s Choiced” by my dear mum. Two weeks of utter misery followed, canker sores on my lips and the roof of my mouth, oozing body sores all because mom wanted to make sure I didn’t miss school. Mom tutored Latin which was another torture I endured as an elementary school student. Though I was the only kid in my peer group who could deliver a solemn high mass.
    At least she didn't make you play Ooky Mouth.

Booster news

According to the NYT, the FDA is going to allow mix and match of boosters

"The Food and Drug Administration is planning to allow Americans to receive a different Covid-19 vaccine as a booster than the one they initially received, a move that could reduce the appeal of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and provide flexibility to doctors and other vaccinators.

The government would not recommend one shot over another, and it might note that using the same vaccine as a booster when possible is preferable, people familiar with the agency’s planning said. But vaccine providers could use their discretion to offer a different brand, a freedom that state health officials have been requesting for weeks."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/u...-boosters.html

Guess I'll try to convince the pharmacist to give me a Moderna (I had one shot of J&J in February) so I can just put my car keys on my forehead. (No Sam Gilbert jokes this time.)

I don't know if it was "arranged" or if we both just happened to catch it, but I definitely had a chicken pox buddy when I got it as a kid (there are some pretty hilarious pictures, we did not look as miserable as we should have been). Alas, the vaccine was about 4 years too late for me, so now some of my earliest memories are of me having to take a bath in some really unpleasant purple/pink liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I don't know if it was "arranged" or if we both just happened to catch it, but I definitely had a chicken pox buddy when I got it as a kid (there are some pretty hilarious pictures, we did not look as miserable as we should have been). Alas, the vaccine was about 4 years too late for me, so now some of my earliest memories are of me having to take a bath in some really unpleasant purple/pink liquid.
    I have two older brothers who gave it to me. I had them over my first birthday, so no memory but my first birthday pics are a bit polka-dotted. I do have one scar on my forehead. That's it.

In my neighborhood we passed around the various childhood diseases like a chain letter. I had the usual: mumps, chicken pox, measles, German measles, Spanish measles, French measles, etc.

The first vaccination I remember getting is a polio gamma globulin shot in my butt, before the Salk vaccine, around 1953 or 54 perhaps.

I do remember starting to get flu shots during my early teen years. The parents thought they were subtle about it, but I and my brothers caught on pretty quickly that when the whole family was herded into the car for a "nice" ride for no particular reason we ended up at the doctor for flu shots.

Our reward-one younger brother-was a Disney cartoon after getting a shot. Bambi, Pinocchio, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, my memories of those movies is the Faustian Bargain of having had to have gotten a shot or two before my mother taking us to the movies, eating popcorn and watching a movie. And the theaters were air conditioned.

Come to think of it, Ole Yeller might have been a post-vaccination movie. Not a cartoon but a real bummer of a movie. I think I cried.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    In my neighborhood we passed around the various childhood diseases like a chain letter. I had the usual: mumps, chicken pox, measles, German measles, Spanish measles, French measles, etc.

The first vaccination I remember getting is a polio gamma globulin shot in my butt, before the Salk vaccine, around 1953 or 54 perhaps.

I do remember starting to get flu shots during my early teen years. The parents thought they were subtle about it, but I and my brothers caught on pretty quickly that when the whole family was herded into the car for a "nice" ride for no particular reason we ended up at the doctor for flu shots.

I have to do that when I take my cat to the vet!

Covid booster update (Pfizer): I walked for 2 hours and did 500 pushups this morning to ward off soreness. I have a slight headache, but I also slept 4 hours because I was on call and there were lots of sick babies last night. I feel pretty ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Covid booster update (Pfizer): I walked for 2 hours and did 500 pushups this morning to ward off soreness. I have a slight headache, but I also slept 4 hours because I was on call and there were lots of sick babies last night. I feel pretty ok.
    Show off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Show off.
    Ha! I call it Tuesday. I didn't take the day off in other words.