Page 827 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 327727777817825826827828829837877927 ... LastLast
Results 16,521 to 16,540 of 22195
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    My SiL has no job. She does not make up the stuff she posts; she is being spoon-fed a lot of garbage from a lot of places.
    IMO, your SiL is showing a total disregard for your education and career. In addition, she appears to have a common sense deficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    IMO, your SiL is showing a total disregard for your education and career. In addition, she appears to have a common sense deficiency.
    Oh, totally. She told my wife I was an idiot.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    In case you haven't been paying attention, this is on page 1 in the conservative talk-show media playbook...
    They have a playbook?

Insane and horribly rude!

You might want to buy her a mirror.

How do people get to that place? It confuses me sometimes. Unearned certainty + disdain for other’s work. I just don’t get it.

Insane and horribly rude!

You might want to buy her a mirror.
    Or he can really bring it down to her level and quote the great 20th century American thespian Pee-Wee Herman: "I know you are but what am I?"

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How do people get to that place? It confuses me sometimes. Unearned certainty + disdain for other’s work. I just don’t get it.
    Participation trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Or he can really bring it down to her level and quote the great 20th century American thespian Pee-Wee Herman: "I know you are but what am I?"
    Unlike me, rsvman is probably too mature.

I really think gift giving is a kind response. If a mirror is not appropriate, then maybe he should give her a book (Ken Kesey’s best)? She doesn’t have a job, appears bored, and might enjoy a great book.

Well...to be fair...and this is JUST an observation, one MIGHT ask whether these two conditions are mutually exclusive. They both could be true...you know...theoretically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Well...to be fair...and this is JUST an observation, one MIGHT ask whether these two conditions are mutually exclusive. They both could be true...you know...theoretically speaking.
    My wife certainly thinks I’m an idiot on rare occasions. Or not so rare.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Another story: So at lunch the other day I spoke at length with the older woman whose adult daughter had gone into the hospital with COVID a few months back. She's still insistent that she will NOT get the vaccine. I asked her (this was on Sunday) if FDA approval would change her mind. She gave me the answer I knew she would. Nope.

So when I politely pressed her a bit more on her reasoning, these were the two basic reasons she gave:

1) It's still unproven that the vaccine won't have side effects that don't show up a year or more later. Of course this is an easy excuse to NEVER take it in her lifetime.

2) She thinks she's got a great immune system in her body because she didn't catch it when her daughter (they live together) had it. What's going on with this excuse, imho, is that she really doesn't think the virus can do much, if any, damage to her personally.

My guess is many of the non-vaxxed would offer one or both of these excuses. I'm sure there's also that segment that thinks the government is out to get them, or that the virus is is just another "cold", or that have just fallen into a political position on the issue (Dems=Vax, Reps=No Vax). But I bet the majority of the unvaccinated would boil their reasoning down to one of the two excuses this lady gave to me.
    Yes, and my late Mother's excuse for not getting a colonoscopy years ago, despite several family cases of colon cancer, including two siblings, a nephew and a child, was, "Everyone who got colon cancer in the family had brown eyes and mine are blue." Now she did live to be 95 and kept her faculties until the end.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Yes, and my late Mother's excuse for not getting a colonoscopy years ago, despite several family cases of colon cancer, including two siblings, a nephew and a child, was, "Everyone who got colon cancer in the family had brown eyes and mine are blue." Now she did live to be 95 and kept her faculties until the end.
    Saw a story about unvaccinated people in a rural Wyoming county (which is basically ALL of them)-- one guy who refused to get vaccinated, till his wife got sick, and then made him-- part of his rationale: he has red hair and blue eyes-- which protects him against the virus. First time I'd heard that one.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Was your Mother a DNA pioneer?

China realizes that making Wolfpack Nation angry is a bad idea, moves to pacify pack of hungry wolves.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/rej...labs/19841894/

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    China realizes that making Wolfpack Nation angry is a bad idea, moves to pacify pack of hungry wolves.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/rej...labs/19841894/
    This is a serious situation so I’m going to ignore my first instinct to start the pun train chugging out of “is there a more perfect premise” station.

Data

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...c-b45ca59250dd

Some interesting data from Greensboro NC.

Of the 117 patients hospitalized for covid, 97 are unvaccinated and 20 are vaccinated. 32 patients are in the ICU and 29 are unvaccinated, 3 vaccinated. All 18 patients that are on ventilators are NOT vaccinated.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post

Of the 117 patients hospitalized for covid, 97 are unvaccinated and 20 are vaccinated. 32 patients are in the ICU and 29 are unvaccinated, 3 vaccinated. All 18 patients that are on ventilators are NOT vaccinated.
    Information that I would have appreciated but not provided would be how many are fully vaccinated with two shots (one for J&J), how many have had a single shot more than 14 days ago, how many had a first shot within the last 14 days, and how many have had zero shots. Also, zero demographic information.

Maybe ditch one of the fancy graphics to provide granularity to the information?

Just a thought.

It appears in this study that obesity is the major cause of hospitalization’s among those contracting the COVID virus.

Just one more reason we should all consider to try and stay in better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Just one more reason we should all consider to try and stay in better shape.
    Round is a shape!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post

of the 20 vaccinated patients, I'd love to know the median age as well as how many had pre-existing conditions...