Page 778 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 278678728768776777778779780788828878 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,560 of 22200
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Arkansas Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson said Tuesday he regrets approving a statewide ban on face mask mandates earlier this year and has called the state Legislature into a special session in an effort to amend the law.

"In hindsight, I wish that had not become law," Hutchinson said during a news conference. "But it is the law, and the only chance we have is either to amend it or for the courts to say that it has an unconstitutional foundation."
    "My bad, sorry some of y'all died."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/04/polit...ate/index.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I used to be a needle wussie...until I witnessed my wife's needle biopsy for breast cancer. Manning up for a vaccination is a very low bar.
    You want some real fun? Try a needle in your eye. Don't like it? It's ok,just don't look at it... er never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    You want some real fun? Try a needle in your eye. Don't like it? It's ok,just don't look at it... er never mind...
    Parts of this thread read like a chapter out of A Clockwork Orange.

Dude. I stick needles in babies for a living and I find this to be a bridge too far.

I woke up on the operating table during a 3 hour eye surgery at the Duke Eye Center.

I've donated platelets a couple dozen times(2 hours or so), so needles in the arms are simple. Even after numbing eye drops, I have not been able to do a puff test ever for an optometrist. A needle won't ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I woke up on the operating table during a 3 hour eye surgery at the Duke Eye Center.
    What did you do? Leave?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Dude. I stick needles in babies for a living and I find this to be a bridge too far.
    I hope you work in medicine!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I hope you work in medicine!
    Ha! No. Why? I do.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What did you do? Leave?
    I asked the nurse to scratch my head because I had an itch then told her I had an itch "down there" but I'd take care of it. After taking care of business, I told the operating room a joke: "Where do you find a dog with no legs?" It got real quiet and then the lead surgeon said, "Where?" And I said, "Right where you left it." Everyone laughed and then I was in the post-op room coming off the drugs. While I was out there high as a kite, my gown fell off my shoulder to reveal 2 human bite marks that were black and blue from when I had to restrain an extremely drunk person at a party a few days prior and said person mauled me. The nurse and my mother were understandably very alarmed and ordered me a tetanus shot. I thought the whole thing was hilarious.

This is a true story.
    Last edited by bundabergdevil; 08-04-2021 at 07:09 PM.

I asked the nurse to scratch my head because I had an itch then told her I had an itch "down there" but I'd take care of it. After taking care of business, I told the operating room a joke: "Where do you find a dog with no legs?" It got real quiet and then the lead surgeon said, "Where?" And I said, "Right where you left it." Everyone laughed and then I was in the post-op room coming off the drugs. While I was out there high as a kite, my gown fell off my shoulder 2 reveal to human bite marks that were black and blue from when I had to restrain an extremely drunk person at a party a few days prior and said person mauled me. The nurse and my mother were understandably very alarmed and ordered me a tetanus shot. I thought the whole thing was hilarious.

This is a true story.
    So much to this story

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So much to this story
    Since this is DBR, I should add that my mom is convinced that I had to have the eye surgery because of Shelden Williams.

This part of the story is also true.

What did you do? Leave?
    Went back to sleep at the anesthesiologist‘s command?

Since this is DBR, I should add that my mom is convinced that I had to have the eye surgery because of Shelden Williams.

This part of the story is also true.
    I'm assuming that Shelden Williams was not the drunk person you were restraining who bit you?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I'm assuming that Shelden Williams was not the drunk person you were restraining who bit you?
    Hah, no. I could not restrain Shelden Williams if I wanted to. This was just before the start of the Fall semester and I had stayed on campus that summer and played pick-up with a lot of the incoming recruits. The surgery was to repair a torn retina, which usually occurs due to trauma to the eye. I couldn't think of anything like that happening except a few pick-up elbows, including from The Landlord.

Hah, no. I could not restrain Shelden Williams if I wanted to. This was just before the start of the Fall semester and I had stayed on campus that summer and played pick-up with a lot of the incoming recruits. The surgery was to repair a torn retina, which usually occurs due to trauma to the eye. I couldn't think of anything like that happening except a few pick-up elbows, including from The Landlord.
    Did you do a CD and try and dunk?

Lord, no. It was one of those, "bundy, you're out of your element" moments. I just tried to stay out of the way of the recruits for my safety and theirs. My mom thinks I failed.

Callback!

Lord, no. It was one of those, "bundy, you're out of your element" moments. I just tried to stay out of the way of the recruits for my safety and theirs. My mom thinks I failed.
    You’re mom probably just loves telling her friends about the time her son was defending The Landlord. It’s hard to work into the conversation unless he is responsible for your injury.

Delta and the Vaccinated

Here is a good summary of what we know right now about the Delta variant and its effects on the vaccinated.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...on-delta-among

"Bottom line: This confirms the higher rate of breakthrough cases than we anticipated. But the breakthrough cases continue to be far more mild than unvaccinated cases. Vaccinated also seem to carry the virus. So, wear those masks and remain vigilant. Especially if you have unvaccinated or vulnerable family at home."