Page 775 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 275675725765773774775776777785825875 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,500 of 22200
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yes. Hopefully it was also clear that I don’t actually want you to cover yourself in may and paddle through the Everglades.

I once made the mistake of camping in the Everglades in the summer. By the end of the one night I braved it I had 100+ mosquito bites.
    Yep. The mosquitos there would eat you alive. Whoever gave you that advice didn't do you any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Did she have the mask on when she met you? If not, did she put it on herself before coming in, or did you have to ask? If the former, I think I'd be ok with it, since she is technically following CDC guidelines. (Masked if not vaccinated.)
    She absolutely did not, and when I offered up that I was vaccinated, and the man with her said he was as well, she said nothing. So I eyed her until she offered up that she wasn't. Had I not asked, I am quite confident she would have entered the house, unmasked, without telling me her vax status.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    She absolutely did not, and when I offered up that I was vaccinated, and the man with her said he was as well, she said nothing. So I eyed her until she offered up that she wasn't. Had I not asked, I am quite confident she would have entered the house, unmasked, without telling me her vax status.
    That's pretty whacked out, and as others said above, there should be consequences. You were wise enough to catch her, assuredly others were not.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Not sure if you need to publicly out her to the community but at the least you should contact the organization she works for (the town?) and let them know that this is a big problem and not acceptable. If she had shown up fully masked and while there said she was not vaccinated, it would be much less of an issue. But who knows how many homes she is walking into maskless and unvaccinated. Not cool. And good on you for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Not sure if you need to publicly out her to the community but at the least you should contact the organization she works for (the town?) and let them know that this is a big problem and not acceptable. If she had shown up fully masked and while there said she was not vaccinated, it would be much less of an issue. But who knows how many homes she is walking into maskless and unvaccinated. Not cool. And good on you for asking.
    Regrettably, there could be consequences to my complaining about her...I wish I were more courageous. The Town Hall staff is a tight knit bunch, and they have been known to retaliate against people who cross them. I think I'll try to find out who the town health officer is now (unpaid position, little work involved, usually a doc who lives in town) and talk to him or her.

Regrettably, there could be consequences to my complaining about her...I wish I were more courageous. The Town Hall staff is a tight knit bunch, and they have been known to retaliate against people who cross them. I think I'll try to find out who the town health officer is now (unpaid position, little work involved, usually a doc who lives in town) and talk to him or her.
    How about if all of us narc on her and use our DBR names?

J&J is really on a roll...they have the suscreen issue, the baby powder/bankruptcy debacle, and the Covid vaccine manufacturing horror show. A pal of ours is a very high mucky muck there, and is embroiled in all of this.
    Back in the day, I supplied both J&J and a large Cincinnati based consumer products firm with materials. I worked for a smaller company and to say the bigger firms tended to arrogance and dictatorial behavior is putting it nicely. After complaints about our materials, I had to go visit their facilities to review how our product performed. After pointing out several things they were doing incorrectly as covered by the specifications that we jointly developed, I was able to shorten several two day trips down to a single day. I didn't really enjoy Cape Girardeau in winter anyways. And thankfully, I didn't have to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Back in the day, I supplied both J&J and a large Cincinnati based consumer products firm with materials. I worked for a smaller company and to say the bigger firms tended to arrogance and dictatorial behavior is putting it nicely. After complaints about our materials, I had to go visit their facilities to review how our product performed. After pointing out several things they were doing incorrectly as covered by the specifications that we jointly developed, I was able to shorten several two day trips down to a single day. I didn't really enjoy Cape Girardeau in winter anyways. And thankfully, I didn't have to go back.
    I can relate to that. It's pretty astounding how lax and incompetent the contractor was that supplied J&J with the vaccine...(Emergent BioSolutions). J&J was VERY high on their product, they had the advantage of less refrigeration required, and they thought they had a very good high volume manufacturer...but Emergent proved to be a complete clown show. Obviously J&J did a shabby job of keeping tabs on them.

Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Very happy to see this.

Extra kudos to Missouri, which is reporting a 100% increase in vaccinations.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/50-states-...093645022.html

As someone who lives in MO, I'm really shocked to see kudos and Missouri in the same sentence. Particularly when it is about Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    How about if all of us narc on her and use our DBR names?
    Good idea. Or if there are any neighbors BudWom doesn't like, use their names.

I think you guys are seriously in bubbles if you think having a single unvaccinated and masked house worker that can easily socially distance herself is the one of the most irresponsible things you've seen in COVID era and opens someone up to liabilities in a state with currently low levels of community transmission...Not trying to bash and I am certainly agree she SHOULD get vaccinated, but...I've been to an office and traveled and seen much much less precaution being taken by others without knowing the status of every individual. (And I will admit some feelings of uncomfortableness/oddness at times myself.) It is kinda interesting how we all have our own perspective that is shaped based on our current experiences and they vary WILDLY. Well, on this site they don't vary that wildly, but the U.S. they do.

Check out images from Lollapolooza this past weekend...of which I did NOT participate of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I think you guys are seriously in bubbles if you think having a single unvaccinated and masked house worker that can easily socially distance herself is the one of the most irresponsible things you've seen in COVID era and opens someone up to liabilities in a state with currently low levels of community transmission...Not trying to bash and I am certainly agree she SHOULD get vaccinated, but...I've been to an office and traveled and seen much much less precaution being taken by others without knowing the status of every individual. (And I will admit some feelings of uncomfortableness/oddness at times myself.) It is kinda interesting how we all have our own perspective that is shaped based on our current experiences and they vary WILDLY. Well, on this site they don't vary that wildly, but the U.S. they do.

Check out images from Lollapolooza this past weekend...of which I did NOT participate of course.
    I agree it isn't the most egregious thing I can imagine, but for someone who has been extraordinarily careful, an unvaxxed and unmasked person wandering into their home unannounced is pretty messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post

I never said it was one of the most irresonsible things ever. But do note you have your facts wrong. She WASN"T masked until I asked her to do so...and while she COULD socially distance herself, she hadn't. She was standing right next to me when she admitted she wasn't vaccinated, and she wasn't wearing a mask.

I never said it was one of the most irresonsible things ever. But do note you have your facts wrong. She WASN"T masked until I asked her to do so...and while she COULD socially distance herself, she hadn't. She was standing right next to me when she admitted she wasn't vaccinated, and she wasn't wearing a mask.
    Got it. For the record, I wasn't suggesting your particular take was ridiculous or anything, sorry if it came off that way. Was just responding to the replies that signaled some shock and awe; and that perhaps perspective is warranted.

I, too, have noticed houseworkers like plumbers and the like not really wearing masks in my house although I have kept my distance. I have not asked them their vaccination status.

Six weeks ago, Georgia’s seven-day average was less than 250 new cases a day.

Today’s new cases: 6480.

Source: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Six weeks ago, Georgia’s seven-day average was less than 250 new cases a day.

Today’s new cases: 6480.

Source: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report
    Okay, someone who has better knowledge than me, can you tell me what the actual risk for vaccinated folks is? Because these numbers are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Okay, someone who has better knowledge than me, can you tell me what the actual risk for vaccinated folks is? Because these numbers are terrifying.
    There is a great diagram of that near the very bottom of that site — I can’t post pictures from my phone but will try to do so later.

Maybe this link will work: https://dph.georgia.gov/document/document/covid-19-among-fully-vaccinated-people-graphic/download

Georgia:
    4,136,214 — fully vaccinated
    4908 — verified breakthrough cases of fully vaccinated
    118 — hospitalizations of fully vaccinated
    24 — deaths of fully vaccinated
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 08-03-2021 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Clarity

I had a repairman come into my house months ago. Long before delta. I was vaccinated, he probably was not, yet. I wore a mask. He approached w/o mask, I asked him did he have one? He went back to his truck and put on a very used, raggedy mask. When he left, I handed him two new surgical masks to take with him. He thanked me. I then sprayed my house down with Lysol.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I had a repairman come into my house months ago. Long before delta. I was vaccinated, he probably was not, yet. I wore a mask. He approached w/o mask, I asked him did he have one? He went back to his truck and put on a very used, raggedy mask. When he left, I handed him two new surgical masks to take with him. He thanked me. I then sprayed my house down with Lysol.
    Not meaning to pick on you, but I really wish policies would take into account what we've learned over the last year and some the "hygiene theater" would go away/be relaxed. Maybe it has in some places. #1 thing to do BY FAR is vaccinations/mandating them, etc. Masks and social distancing are also effective. Why can I still not leave a stroller inside an empty room at my daycare? Why can my children STILL not go on playground equipment at a park according to school rules? Makes no sense...They previously didn't want "outside objects brought inside" but I think we've learned enough by now...harumph.

Coming from the person who way overused hand sanitizer (and washed hands) even pre COVID so I'm certainly a germophobe before this and still find it a bit ridiculous. Of course, you doing what you want to do in your own home is all good.

Inserted some percentages below for context

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    There is a great diagram of that near the very bottom of that site — I can’t post pictures from my phone but will try to do so later.

Maybe this link will work: https://dph.georgia.gov/document/doc...aphic/download

Georgia:
    4,136,214 — fully vaccinated
    4908 — verified breakthrough cases of fully vaccinated (.12% infection rate)
    118 — hospitalizations of fully vaccinated (.003% hospitalization rate)
    24 — deaths of fully vaccinated (.0006% case fatality rate)