Page 904 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949029039049059069149541004 ... LastLast
Results 18,061 to 18,080 of 22195
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I do remember starting to get flu shots during my early teen years. The parents thought they were subtle about it, but I and my brothers caught on pretty quickly that when the whole family was herded into the car for a "nice" ride for no particular reason we ended up at the doctor for flu shots.
    LOL! One thing my wife won't tolerate is being afraid of needles. She went through four rounds of IVF to have our two kids and with quite literally the hundreds if not thousands of needle sticks for all the medical treatment and will NOT have kids that are afraid of getting a simple shot. Each kid had one bad experience with a needle and they know now to be more afraid of my wife than a needle

Not to mention, we make sure to take them with us each time we get a shot in order to model good behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Covid booster update (Pfizer): I walked for 2 hours and did 500 pushups this morning to ward off soreness. I have a slight headache, but I also slept 4 hours because I was on call and there were lots of sick babies last night. I feel pretty ok.
    I prolly did 500 pushups in the past decade. Maybe.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    An idiot friend and I started in January. It was miserable for 3 months. Just miserable. Now I do 4 sets of 125 every 15 minutes 6 days a week. I recognize how crazy this sounds. And I should share that I'm not particularly tough.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    An idiot friend and I started in January. It was miserable for 3 months. Just miserable. Now I do 4 sets of 125 every 15 minutes 6 days a week. I recognize how crazy this sounds. And I should share that I'm not particularly tough.
    I haven't done 500, 400, 300, 200 or even 100 pushups in the last 4 decades. Had no reason to! Now it hurts my shoulders if I do more than a couple, so I don't.

I do remember doing about 75 pushups in Dubrovnik, then Yugoslavia, next to the hotel swimming pool, in the summer of 1972. Yes, there were girls who were on the student tour I was on watching, which I'm sure was the motivation for me to do them. I don't think doing them got me anywhere with them...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I haven't done 500, 400, 300, 200 or even 100 pushups in the last 4 decades. Had no reason to! Now it hurts my shoulders if I do more than a couple, so I don't.

I do remember doing about 75 pushups in Dubrovnik, then Yugoslavia, next to the hotel swimming pool, in the summer of 1972. Yes, there were girls who were on the student tour I was on watching, which I'm sure was the motivation for me to do them. I don't think doing them got me anywhere with them...
    Pushups-shmushups. Hell I’m proud when I get up.

Got my booster yesterday afternoon. Went for a nice bike ride today on singletrack, 11ish miles of rocks and roots. No problems. Well, except my drivetrain is utter crap and and it's old enough that spare parts aren't to be had. Looking into a new bike, which are also hard to come by.

Anyone have a spare 3x9 XT drivetrain lying around?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Got my booster yesterday afternoon. Went for a nice bike ride today on singletrack, 11ish miles of rocks and roots. No problems. Well, except my drivetrain is utter crap and and it's old enough that spare parts aren't to be had. Looking into a new bike, which are also hard to come by.

Anyone have a spare 3x9 XT drivetrain lying around?

-jk
    Today I didn't even have to use my jk. Gotta say it was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Pushups-shmushups. Hell I’m proud when I get up.
    NOW your talking,

One for the crowd: A college aged kid of mine got a J&J. Given today’s news, which booster would be best?

-jk

Update on my booster aftermath. I did my exercises and pushups yesterday and felt a smidge bad last night. Just a general malaise. Today feel great. Very mild soreness in my shoulder. Very mild.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    One for the crowd: A college aged kid of mine got a J&J. Given today’s news, which booster would be best?

-jk
    This being today's news:

F.D.A. to Allow ‘Mix and Match’ Approach for Covid Booster Shots

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/u...-boosters.html

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This being today's news:

Just in case someone doesn't bother to click the link, because I recall some discussion earlier (I think in this thread) about it possibly being beneficial to mix and match:

The government would not recommend one shot over another, and it might note that using the same vaccine as a booster when possible is preferable

Yes, but

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Just in case someone doesn't bother to click the link, because I recall some discussion earlier (I think in this thread) about it possibly being beneficial to mix and match:
    Not everyone agrees with this. E.g., https://www.statnews.com/2021/10/20/...derna-johnson/

"It remains to be seen if the CDC — on the advice of the ACIP — turns that permissive recommendation into a preferential one, urging people who got the J&J vaccine to get an mRNA dose as their booster shot. The committee has been concerned for some time about the situation people who got the J&J’s one-and-done vaccine find themselves in, given that the vaccine is less effective than the mRNA vaccines at protecting against Covid infection."

And this, for those of you who have WaPo subscriptions: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ooster-pfizer/

Personally, as a J&J one shotter, I'm leaning to whichever of the mRNA vaccines I can get in the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This being today's news:

I got my first two Moderna shots at the Ingles supermarket pharmacy. I think the choice for a booster is either balsamic or bleu cheese.

Just a general malaise.
    I see you’re getting ready for your move to Canada — just add a few dashes of ennui.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I see you’re getting ready for your move to Canada — just add a few dashes of ennui.
    And say "Sorry" a lot.

And say "Sorry" a lot.
    And yet, I feel it is us who should be apologizing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And yet, I feel it is us who should be apologizing to them.
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I got my first two Moderna shots at the Ingles supermarket pharmacy. I think the choice for a booster is either balsamic or bleu cheese.
    I would go for both. They go great together!

Well

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I would go for both. They go great together!
    I don't think the FDA or CDC have approved both!