Page 902 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 4028028528929009019029039049129521002 ... LastLast
Results 18,021 to 18,040 of 22200
    Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    As I am unable to currently spork MChambers I second the Sam Gilbert reference sporks
    I also pronounce his name MC Hambers in my mind and assume he is a rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    got a flu shot (geezer edition) today just to keep my pin cushion of an arm warmed up.
    I got my flu shot this week (non-geezer edition) as well.

I would like to encourage others to get their flu shot (more important than ever this year). I would also like to acknowledge budwom for getting the geezer (high dose or adjuvanted) flu vaccine and encourage others of similar age (65+) to do so. As also seen for COVID, the immune systems of older folks need all the help they can get. CDC info here for flu vaccine 65 and over

Any flu vaccine is better than none, but I encourage 65+ to seek out vaccines for their age group at their physician's office or pharmacy
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I also pronounce his name MC Hambers in my mind and assume he is a rapper.
    OMG! I will never think of MChambers the same again.

I am now stuck between wondering if MC Hambers is 2 Legit 2 Quit or if we should be pleading to him/her to be to be nice, "Please Hamber Don't Hurt 'Em"
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

I am now stuck between wondering if MC Hambers is 2 Legit 2 Quit or if we should be pleading to him/her to be to be nice, "Please Hamber Don't Hurt 'Em"
    Must spread comments...

Bonus points for passing up the easy Can’t Touch This reference.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I suppose one could say that Sam provided a real shot in the arm for the program.

I would never say that, but someone might.

Yeah, the Bruins really flu up the rankings after that.

Funny, I always associated MChambers with parachute pants already.

I got my flu shot this week (non-geezer edition) as well.

I would like to encourage others to get their flu shot (more important than ever this year). I would also like to acknowledge budwom for getting the geezer (high dose or adjuvanted) flu vaccine and encourage others of similar age (65+) to do so. As also seen for COVID, the immune systems of older folks need all the help they can get. CDC info here for flu vaccine 65 and over

Any flu vaccine is better than none, but I encourage 65+ to seek out vaccines for their age group at their physician's office or pharmacy
    Fully pin cushioned. Pfizer booster, quad flublock, both Shingex, pneumonia, rabies, distemper…..
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Fully pin cushioned. Pfizer booster, quad flublock, both Shingex, pneumonia, rabies, distemper…..
    Doggone through.

New Hamster strikes again

https://newhampshirebulletin.com/bri...isinformation/

The chair of the New Hampshire legislature's fiscal committee was forced to resign after calling the vaccines the greatest mass murder plot in the history of the world. (may not be in this link, but it was in today's paper).
    The guy was an MIT grad and airline pilot, I guess education can get you only so far.

The anti vax scene in NH is really ramping up, ironically against a fairly centrist Republican Governor, Sununu...

I do kind of admire their current battle cry regarding compliance with vaccine mandates: "I'll Die Before I Comply."

Got my covid booster last friday .flu shot this friday . At the rate im going i feel like im getting shots evey week or two.
    Plus side im not as afraid of needles as i was.

Wow

The chair of the New Hampshire legislature's fiscal committee was forced to resign after calling the vaccines the greatest mass murder plot in the history of the world. (may not be in this link, but it was in today's paper).
    The guy was an MIT grad and airline pilot, I guess education can get you only so far.

The anti vax scene in NH is really ramping up, ironically against a fairly centrist Republican Governor, Sununu...

I do kind of admire their current battle cry regarding compliance with vaccine mandates: "I'll Die Before I Comply."
    Amazing how this virus affects people's brains without them even getting infected.

Test

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Got my covid booster last friday .flu shot this friday . At the rate im going i feel like im getting shots evey week or two.
    Plus side im not as afraid of needles as i was.
    When you drink water, does it leak out of your arms?

The world would be a better place if some of these got in a car that climbed Mount Washington then didn't come down.

#NewEnglandHumor

I always thought that the New Hampshire motto was for simplistic morons. Live free or die?

Come on now. I am not free to buy a machine gun, I am not free to throw rocks at my neighbor, I am not free to drive a car without a license, I am not free to leave my dog outside in terrible weather, I am not free to skip the metal detectors before getting on a flight... but you know what? I am okay with that.

It always seemed so aggressively and ridiculous black and white. Who lives like that? It isn't 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    When you drink water, does it leak out of your arms?
    Not yet but i swear she was trying to hit the bone .
    I have had a intense fear of needles since i had a spinal tap in the late 70s.
    I Was in a oxygen tent with pneumonia .i guess they were checking for otherthings .
    I just know it hurt and hurt bad.

I won't even go to that hospital anymore.
    That was enough .

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I always thought that the New Hampshire motto was for simplistic morons. Live free or die?

Come on now. I am not free to buy a machine gun, I am not free to throw rocks at my neighbor, I am not free to drive a car without a license, I am not free to leave my dog outside in terrible weather, I am not free to skip the metal detectors before getting on a flight... but you know what? I am okay with that.

It always seemed so aggressively and ridiculous black and white. Who lives like that? It isn't 1776.
    "Live Free or Die" is a funny song written and performed by Hayes Carll, sung from the point of view of a New Hampshire convict who spends his days stamping out license plates for the state.

I have no issue with the New Hamsters keeping a motto that points out the true reason for there being a state called New Hampshire in the first place. Perhaps your problem is the simplistic morons who have misappropriated the phrase for less worthy "causes". I can get behind that notion.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Of the things you list, only one damages property and the other endangers an animal. The rest of your list has nothing inherently wrong with the action to which you object. In fact, all of the other items you list are quite possible with proper planning and preparation, at least in a more limited scope than you may have intended. For example, driving without a license is perfectly legal assuming you do it on private land with no public access (mall parking lot is out, my survivalist compound in Wyoming with gated access is in).

On a more philosophical note, we are free to do anything we want. We just aren't free to escape the consequences of those actions. I suppose the second place motto of "Live free and suffer the consequences" was just too long.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Of the things you list, only one damages property and the other endangers an animal. The rest of your list has nothing inherently wrong with the action to which you object. In fact, all of the other items you list are quite possible with proper planning and preparation, at least in a more limited scope than you may have intended. For example, driving without a license is perfectly legal assuming you do it on private land with no public access (mall parking lot is out, my survivalist compound in Wyoming with gated access is in).

On a more philosophical note, we are free to do anything we want. We just aren't free to escape the consequences of those actions. I suppose the second place motto of "Live free and suffer the consequences" was just too long.
    Oh, I wasn't saying anything about wrong or right... I think my idea was that there are restrictions on all of those activities, so I'd argue I am not "free" to do them; there are many restrictions in life that we are all, even New Hampshirites, perfectly happy to accept. The whole "Live free or die!" thing... it is a lot. I'd prefer something like "Live pretty free but with some generally-acceptable limits and regulations or be slightly more unhappy but still alive, while using my rights as a citizen to enact legal change!"

As you can maybe tell, I'm not big on slogans.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post

Note to self - get on PackMan97's list of worthwhile people to save in case of a future apocalypse.