Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Not sure why I was thinking high school, but that's where that 6'2" height is from.
    However, if you look him up, wiki, the NBA and everyone else has him listed at 6'7". So he shrunk 2" after Duke. (But also like I said, you will find past reports saying that he was 6'11".)
    Someone get the cinder blocks

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Fairly certain that he was making a joke.
    It’s not a good sign when the consensus is that maybe the poster was making a joke.

To clarify, I’d noticed that our NBA All Star, Brandon Ingram, weighed about as much as these small football recruits but was a foot taller. So I changed 6’9 to 5’9”, and bingo, instant joke.

Though, by “instant,” I mean I did do my research. Not to make it funnier but to ramble through the internet looking for his accurate height and weight. Because that’s the way I meaningfully spend the limited days I have on this planet, looking up heights of athletes. Brandon is indeed listed as an NBA 6’7” and his weight was more like 185 in hs, but I decided to stick with the weight of the football recruit and just add a foot. Since that made the joke even more hilarious.

My humor has, incidentally, been affected by 4 months by myself with a 10 yr old in a NYC apartment. She, incidentally, told me last spring that there was one big difference between her main teacher and me. And that difference was that Mr. P is funny, and I think I’m funny. And I don’t blame this clang on covid—I’d have made the same “joke” a year ago. I stand fully by this effort, and am ready to fall on my humor sword and fall back on my day job.
    Last edited by johnb; 08-26-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    It’s not a good sign when the consensus is that maybe the poster was making a joke.

To clarify, I’d noticed that our NBA All Star, Brandon Ingram, weighed about as much as these small football recruits but was a foot taller. So I changed 6’9 to 5’9”, and bingo, instant joke.

Though, by “instant,” I mean I did do my research. Not to make it funnier but to ramble through the internet looking for his accurate height and weight. Because that’s the way I meaningfully spend the limited days I have on this planet, looking up heights of athletes. Brandon is indeed listed as an NBA 6’7” and his weight was more like 185 in hs, but I decided to stick with the weight of the football recruit and just add a foot. Since that made the joke even more hilarious.

My humor has, incidentally, been affected by 4 months by myself with a 10 yr old in a NYC apartment. She, incidentally, told me last spring that there was one big difference between her main teacher and me. And that difference was that Mr. P is funny, and I think I’m funny. And I don’t blame this clang on covid—I’d have made the same “joke” a year ago. I stand fully by this effort, and am ready to fall on my humor sword and fall back on my day job.
    Can't spork. Way to own it. You didn't use the classic cop out of "I'm sorry if anyone was offended."

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post

I was able to spork yoo, but my meessage in the spoark got garbled due to a glitch faillaure of my keyboad. The glitch m ost definitely did not have anytrhing to do witth it being 5:15 in the moorning and not havinf my daily cofffee requirements.

BangBang DukeGang! Welcome Trey Brown, three star 6'3"DE/ LB from Arizona! Thirteen offers, one P5 from Wash. State.
    https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ent-150657630/
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    BangBang DukeGang! Welcome Trey Brown, three star 6'3"DE/ LB from Arizona! Thirteen offers, one P5 from Wash. State.
    https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ent-150657630/
    Welcome to the land of humidity, Trey!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

BangBang DukeGang! Welcome Trey Brown, three star 6'3"DE/ LB
    Recruiting seems to be picking up. Trey’s father was an Pro Bowl selection in 2001.
    Bob Green

Riley Leonard with another good night with 3 TD passes in a 28-21 win. He has accounted for 8 TD’s in his first two games this season. Playing in 7A classification in a very tough coastal Alabama region.

ESPN is reporting that Michigan QB Dylan McCaffrey is opting out of this season and will seek a transfer. He’ll have two years of eligibility remaining. Duke did offer him the first time around, and with Max having played here, I’d hope that Duke stays on his radar.

Was wondering this as well. Only thing is how many years eligibility does Brice have n would he want to wait that long. Plus we have Luca Dimont in the wings. I believe Luca is red shirting this year.

Years Remaining?

How long can Brice be with us? I've seen it reported two years and also one... Whether two or one, I can't believe McCaffrey wouldn't take a long hard look at us...

Quote Originally Posted by Aladuke View Post
    Riley Leonard with another good night with 3 TD passes in a 28-21 win. He has accounted for 8 TD’s in his first two games this season. Playing in 7A classification in a very tough coastal Alabama region.
    My south Alabama friends rave about this kid. Hekuva basketball player too.

I don't follow football recruiting all that closely, but I happened to catch this on reddit:

"2021 3* S Cole Bishop decommits from Duke"

https://twitter.com/Cole_bishop_8/st...615561216?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by revmel53 View Post
    How long can Brice be with us? I've seen it reported two years and also one... Whether two or one, I can't believe McCaffrey wouldn't take a long hard look at us...
    Chase has 2 years of eligibility, including this year. LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by 91Duke View Post
    I don't follow football recruiting all that closely, but I happened to catch this on reddit:

So he couldn’t have played safety at Duke? Who told him that? Must be some other reason?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

he had been following other teams and coaches on twitter and facebook since committing. has nothing to do with ''position''

Quote Originally Posted by 91Duke View Post

According to ESPN, he WAS our highest rated recruit.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Bang Bang

WR Harrison Wallace commits to Duke. 3 star from Alabama with offers from South Carolina, Houston and Tulane.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    WR Harrison Wallace commits to Duke. 3 star from Alabama with offers from South Carolina, Houston and Tulane.
    I am not seeing a Houston offer. He is unrated by 247.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I am not seeing a Houston offer. He is unrated by 247.
    Yeah, I misinterpreted a tweet. No Houston offer.
    Bob Green