Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    A 6'7" 315lb offensive lineman? Yes please!

Welcome to Duke Justin Pickett!

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Pickett-46078787/
    The link indicates he was recruited by Greg Frey. It’s good to see the new OL Coach make an impact.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Justin is a three star OL with offers from West Virginia, Arizona, Illinois, Iowa State and Indiana among many other non-P5 offers. We like hogs. Welcome to DukeGang big fella!
    If Cut likes him, be assured he an run! Welcome!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The link indicates he was recruited by Greg Frey. It’s good to see the new OL Coach make an impact.
    You may recall that I had an article on Frey last week. Had a hard time getting up with him for an interview. He kept rescheduling because he was on a recruiting call.

Seems to have been worth it.

More on potential rectuire Arch Manning

Arch Manning, son of Cooper, nephew of Eli and Peyton, already has a Duke scholarship offer, and now sports a top rated Quarterback ranking in the 2023 High School Recruiting class.

Will Arch follow in the family footsteps, while also blazing a new trail to a new school, so he can be taught by the football maven and grand-master Coach Cut?
    [Did you say another 20 years of Manning Academies at Duke??]
    Will Coach Cut, be interested in coaching long enough to stay in the game to coach this phenom, should he decide to attend Duke (at least to see if he does)?

Many questions remain. Should be a fun side light. I expect that Arch's family will have him well grounded and keep him from being pestered by the hype.

Can they really rate a guy 3 years out to be the top QB in his class? (whose to say their wrong?)

https://nypost.com/2020/08/19/arch-m...ruit-rankings/

Larry
    DevilHorse

Riley Leonard , QB commit, was 19-27 For 278 yards with 2 passing TD’s,2 rushing TD’s , and 1 receiving TD. Fairhope, AL beat Spanish Fort in their opener. Saw a highlight clip on one of the local stations. Good looking kid. Tall and fast. Very good arm and wheels. Looks like a very good addition. Wanted to link, but article was removed. Game was played Thursday

D looks in good shape but we’ll see how the front 6 grows. Gilbert at full speed is adding an all ACC DB to a D with dynamite edge rushers.
    QB Whisperer needs a skilled pipeline. Might be the best group he’s had but few have played downs with Brice the most. Rooting for Gunnar TBH as a homegrown Duke recruit all the way. Helps the program the most if he wins the job beating out a solid Clemson QB.

Who ofc I’d be happy with too if he wins the job!

And some more TEs please.

OL has depth and potential. Could be real good.

Play calling likely to improve.

Opt outs affect teams differently depending on talent and depth.

Trenches will determine a lot. Out best teams of 12-16 had stellar OL with Tomlinson, Skura, Patrick sticking in the League. Running game needs to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by richmclean View Post
    D looks in good shape but we’ll see how the front 6 grows. Gilbert at full speed is adding an all ACC DB to a D with dynamite edge rushers.
    QB Whisperer needs a skilled pipeline. Might be the best group he’s had but few have played downs with Brice the most. Rooting for Gunnar TBH as a homegrown Duke recruit all the way. Helps the program the most if he wins the job beating out a solid Clemson QB.

Who ofc I’d be happy with too if he wins the job!

And some more TEs please.

OL has depth and potential. Could be real good.

Play calling likely to improve.

Opt outs affect teams differently depending on talent and depth.

Trenches will determine a lot. Out best teams of 12-16 had stellar OL with Tomlinson, Skura, Patrick sticking in the League. Running game needs to get it done.
    Wrong thread, perhaps?

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ent-150641620/

Duke lands a 3 star running back, certainly a position of need. Duke was his only P5 offer.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post

Duke lands a 3 star running back, certainly a position of need. Duke was his only P5 offer.
    Good news as running back is definitely a position of need. We need to sign one more (or two) seeing as there were zero inked in 2020
    Bob Green

Good news as running back is definitely a position of need. We need to sign one more (or two) seeing as there were zero inked in 2020
    The big variable here is Coleman and Hubbard recovering from Achilles injuries. Do both of them make it all the way back? One? Neither? I confess I'm not optimistic about Hubbard. So, yes Duke needs some bodies here, hopefully talented bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The big variable here is Coleman and Hubbard recovering from Achilles injuries. Do both of them make it all the way back? One? Neither? I confess I'm not optimistic about Hubbard. So, yes Duke needs some bodies here, hopefully talented bodies.
    Achilles injuries can be debilitating so I’m never optimistic.
    Bob Green

At 5' 11" and 170 pounds, at first glance he's a bit small. Watching the mix tape linked, he has good speed, makes a couple of shifty breakaway moves in traffic and has good hands. He reminds me of other successful Duke running backs of his stature. Guys like Roger Boone, for instance.

Welcome to Duke, Trent!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    At 5' 11" and 170 pounds, at first glance he's a bit small.
    Shaun Wilson was 5’9” and 180 as a freshman.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    At 5' 11" and 170 pounds, at first glance he's a bit small. Watching the mix tape linked, he has good speed, makes a couple of shifty breakaway moves in traffic and has good hands. He reminds me of other successful Duke running backs of his stature. Guys like Roger Boone, for instance.

Welcome to Duke, Trent!
    Interesting comparison. Guys like Boone and Mike Grayson were assets catching the ball out of the backfield. At that size I would hope he's a good receiver.

Shaun Wilson was 5’9” and 180 as a freshman.
    Brandon Ingram was also about 5'9" and 180 as a freshman,

though I may be off a digit on his height.

Btw, even the NFL has a bunch of small guys:
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-great-talent

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post

Did you mean someone else other than Brandon Ingram?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Fairly certain that he was making a joke.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post

If he actually did mean Ingram, Brandon was 6'2" in his freshman year.

The NBA lists him as 6'7" now, but you can find reports of how he is anywhere from 6'9" to 6'11". Which only proves that Brandon Ingram is a shape shifter and nobody will ever know how tall he truly is.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    If he actually did mean Ingram, Brandon was 6'2" in his freshman year.

The NBA lists him as 6'7" now, but you can find reports of how he is anywhere from 6'9" to 6'11". Which only proves that Brandon Ingram is a shape shifter and nobody will ever know how tall he truly is.
    Where are you getting that? He was listed at 6'9 at Duke. He certainly wasn't 6'2 at any point when he was on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Fairly certain that he was making a joke.
    I still don't get it, then.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Where are you getting that? He was listed at 6'9 at Duke. He certainly wasn't 6'2 at any point when he was on campus.
    Not sure why I was thinking high school, but that's where that 6'2" height is from.
    However, if you look him up, wiki, the NBA and everyone else has him listed at 6'7". So he shrunk 2" after Duke. (But also like I said, you will find past reports saying that he was 6'11".)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."