Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Duke hosting Clemson backup QB Brice tonight as a possible transfer.

Intriguing development!

Unranked Joshua Pickett from Georgia commits to DukeGang21 as a DB. Welcome Joshua.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Unranked Joshua Pickett from Georgia commits to DukeGang21 as a DB. Welcome Joshua.
    Welcome to Duke, Joshua!

Looked at his Hudl page:

Most of the clips were hoops.

Who knew there was a Mount Airy, Georgia as well as North Carolina?

I was expecting to see some track performances.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Looked at his Hudl page:

Most of the clips were hoops.

Who knew there was a Mount Airy, Georgia as well as North Carolina?

I was expecting to see some track performances.
    The last Georgia hoops player we recruited as a DB despite a low ranking turned out pretty well...is this one a good rebounder?

so someone posted on 247 that he was georgia region 8-AAAAAA player of the year. not bad for a junior

Quote Originally Posted by pigskindevil View Post
    so someone posted on 247 that he was georgia region 8-AAAAAA player of the year. not bad for a junior
    This AJC article agrees:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school...yg2ZKld5zy9TN/

Two way player of the year - Joshua Pickett
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    This AJC article agrees:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school...yg2ZKld5zy9TN/

Two way player of the year - Joshua Pickett
    A bit of hype maybe? While he was two-way POY in the 8AAAAAA district, he wasn't first team all-district at either wide receiver or defensive back.

No surprise, probably. Habersham central didn't win a conference game.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    A bit of hype maybe? While he was two-way POY in the 8AAAAAA district, he wasn't first team all-district at either wide receiver or defensive back.
    It will take someone tuned in to Georgia high school football to accurately answer your question. I did notice none of the player of the year award winners were also listed at their offense/defense position.
    Bob Green

It will take someone tuned in to Georgia high school football to accurately answer your question. I did notice none of the player of the year award winners were also listed at their offense/defense position.
    Yep, Google is your friend -- until it isn't.
    Sage Grouse

Safety Cole Bishop commits:

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...mpression=true

Offers from Boston College, Georgia Tech and Virginia. Bishop is from Fayetteville, GA.
    Bob Green

Safety Cole Bishop commits:

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...mpression=true

Offers from Boston College, Georgia Tech and Virginia. Bishop is from Fayetteville, GA.
    Three star safety from Georgia. Welcome to DukeGang21 Cole! I believe he will be in Cameron tonight.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Bang Bang DukeGang.

Duke receives a commitment from Jordan Moore, a 3 star athlete from Maryland, #31 in the state, w/ multiple P5 offers including UCLA, Pitt, Virginia and Wisconsin. He chose Duke because we recruited him as ab QB.

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ack-145955889/
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Welcome aboard Jordan, Mr duel threat !

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    Welcome aboard Jordan, Mr duel threat !
    Sabers and pistols? Or, maybe you meant something else.
    Sage Grouse

Bang Bang DukeGang.

Duke receives a commitment from Jordan Moore, a 3 star athlete from Maryland, #31 in the state, w/ multiple P5 offers including UCLA, Pitt, Virginia and Wisconsin. He chose Duke because we recruited him as ab QB.

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ack-145955889/
    Does this mean we are no longer after Pro style QB Christian Veilleux? We are one of the four finalist for him and he is very highly regarded. He's also being recruited by Penn State, Clemson, and Tennessee.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Excellent news! Welcome to DukeGang.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Does this mean we are no longer after Pro style QB Christian Veilleux? We are one of the four finalist for him and he is very highly regarded. He's also being recruited by Penn State, Clemson, and Tennessee.
    Coach Cutcliffe and staff certainly do not desire to be caught short handed at quarterback like last season. Jordan Moore is on the bus so it is time to finish the deal with Veilleux.
    Bob Green

Nice mention for Duke's recruiting by Rivals Mike Farrell, under the title of:

Fact or Fiction: North Carolina is the only surprise in the ACC in 2021 recruiting so far.

Farrell’s take: FICTION. Look at Duke. I like what David Cutcliffe is doing this recruiting year and the Blue Devils' latest commitment from Jordan Moore is a good one because he can play quarterback, wide receiver or defensive back. The class is mostly filled with low three-stars but that’s to be expected with Duke’s academic restrictions and overall lack of success in football. There are some versatile and talented players in this class early.

https://bwi.rivals.com/news/fact-or-...es-in-michigan

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Fact or Fiction: North Carolina is the only surprise in the ACC in 2021 recruiting so far.

Farrell’s take: FICTION. Look at Duke. I like what David Cutcliffe is doing this recruiting year and the Blue Devils' latest commitment from Jordan Moore is a good one because he can play quarterback, wide receiver or defensive back. The class is mostly filled with low three-stars but that’s to be expected with Duke’s academic restrictions and overall lack of success in football. There are some versatile and talented players in this class early.

Rosters filled with lower three star recruits won’t win us football games. Potentially a few diamonds in that group, but think we need to be getting mid-upper three stars and an occasional 4* (1-2 per class minimum) to really be able to consistently compete in the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Nice find Roy. I agree re Jordan. I watched his film - the kid will be a playmaker at whatever position he ends up playing.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide