Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Fabulous news - position of dire need. Does N.D. have any linebackers they don't need?
    It is worth noting that this dude was barely playing at all for ND. It isn't even like we took a guy who was a backup... he was a backup to the backups. Still, clearly a player with some pedigree in recruiting and with 3 years to play in our program, he could be a real contributor if things work out for him.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is worth noting that this dude was barely playing at all for ND. It isn't even like we took a guy who was a backup... he was a backup to the backups. Still, clearly a player with some pedigree in recruiting and with 3 years to play in our program, he could be a real contributor if things work out for him.
    As a three start recruit, he had a very impressive offer sheet, including from Duke. When we land a guy out of the box with his kind of offers, we tend to be very happy as fans. Hopefully it will be our silver lining that ND didn't work out for him.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ja...ruitInterests/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    You are of course correct, but it is not unusual for D linemen not to play much before their sophomore year, particularly in a program with the depth of a N.D.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

You are of course correct, but it is not unusual for D linemen not to play much before their sophomore year, particularly in a program with the depth of a N.D.
    Yup, I hear ya. Worth noting that this guy was in his third year at Notre Dame as he redshirted... so his "sophomore year" was his third year at ND.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Harrison Wallace, a WR from Alabama, flipped from Duke to Penn State.

https://247sports.com/player/harrison-wallace-46109887/

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Shame, looked like a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

He was likely our highest rated recruit.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Adam Rowe
    @AdamRoweTDD
    Abilene Christian Grad Transfer OL Kade Parmelly committed to Duke.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Adam Rowe
    @AdamRoweTDD
    Abilene Christian Grad Transfer OL Kade Parmelly committed to Duke.
    Offensive line is certainly a position of need.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Offensive line is certainly a position of need.
    Do we have a single position that isn't a position of need next year? Kicker and Punter I guess. Maybe Receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Do we have a single position that isn't a position of need next year? Kicker and Punter I guess. Maybe Receiver?
    Perhaps running back but I’m not sure. Health is an issue for a couple guys.
    Bob Green

Perhaps running back but I’m not sure. Health is an issue for a couple guys.
    I thought about running back, but the only one to really show much so far is Durant (who has been a pleasant surprise this year for me).

I thought about running back, but the only one to really show much so far is Durant (who has been a pleasant surprise this year for me).
    i really like jordan waters but he is an outside the tackle runner and we just dont do a bunch of that

I’m hopeful Jaylen Coleman fully recovers from his knee injury. He has both size and speed.
    Bob Green

I’m hopeful Jaylen Coleman fully recovers from his knee injury. He has both size and speed.
    yeah, without him we are ultra thin at RB. Some portal additions are clearly better than others. J'Marick Woods, who came in from Michigan, has been really a huge disappointment for example...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, without him we are ultra thin at RB. Some portal additions are clearly better than others. J'Marick Woods, who came in from Michigan, has been really a huge disappointment for example...
    We need FBS-level football players of good character and able to handle the academics -- period, full stop. I wouldn't be surprised by further losses from the current squad and the recruits.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised by further losses from the current squad and the recruits.
    That’s the big unknown. I suspect you are correct so we need to batten down the hatches for stormy seas ahead.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by pigskindevil View Post
    i really like jordan waters but he is an outside the tackle runner and we just dont do a bunch of that
    We should. Deon Jackson up the middle on first down every time doesn’t work. Even my SO knows
    it’s coming.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    We should. Deon Jackson up the middle on first down every time doesn’t work. Even my SO knows
    it’s coming.
    So you're saying she's aware of one often run play that we *shouldn't* be running. That's good enough for me...let's give her the OC job.

Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    So you're saying she's aware of one often run play that we *shouldn't* be running. That's good enough for me...let's give her the OC job.
    That puts Oz next in line for a promotion to an actual position of responsibility. Are you sure he's up to it?