Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Rosters filled with lower three star recruits won’t win us football games. Potentially a few diamonds in that group, but think we need to be getting mid-upper three stars and an occasional 4* (1-2 per class minimum) to really be able to consistently compete in the ACC.
    I agree it would be nice but there's some obstacles in Duke's way to landing 4* recruits in football. Academics probably number one obstacle with Duke's reputation for being a poor football school. None of these kids remember Duke's success back in the 60's and even before that. Coach Cut has landed some good young players but has used them in their freshmen years. Many successful programs red-shirt those players but Duke hasn't for the most case.

GoDuke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I agree it would be nice but there's some obstacles in Duke's way to landing 4* recruits in football. Academics probably number one obstacle with Duke's reputation for being a poor football school. None of these kids remember Duke's success back in the 60's and even before that. Coach Cut has landed some good young players but has used them in their freshmen years. Many successful programs red-shirt those players but Duke hasn't for the most case.

GoDuke!
    Thankfully these kids don't remember Duke's fruitless years, either. Every season, those are becoming a more distant memory.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post

GoDuke!
    And as Cut says, even their parents don't remember Duke's success in football!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Welcome Trent Broadnax, WR out of Georgia who just committed. 6’1 and 190 lbs.

https://twitter.com/trentbroadnax/st...627576834?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    Welcome Trent Broadnax, WR out of Georgia who just committed. 6’1 and 190 lbs.

https://twitter.com/trentbroadnax/st...627576834?s=21
    Broadnax displays a nice ability to run after the catch:

https://247sports.com/Player/Trent-Broadnax-46095013/
    Bob Green

BangBang DukeGang. Welcome Trent. Five P5 offers and a bunch of others His tape is nice. I love Georgia recruits!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    BangBang DukeGang. Welcome Trent. Five P5 offers and a bunch of others His tape is nice. I love Georgia recruits!
    Wait, are we talking football or hoops here?

Welcome, Trent!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait, are we talking football or hoops here?

Welcome, Trent!
    Tape is football. Hoops is 100 percent cinder blocks.
    Bob Green

Is he (Broadnax) related to a former football player for Duke?

Not bad

That QB looks pretty good, too. Package deal? Protection wasn't bad either. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnstormer View Post
    Is he (Broadnax) related to a former football player for Duke?
    Trent’s father is Horace Broadnax, who was the point guard for Georgetown's 1984 national championship team. He is now the head coach at Savannah State.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    Trent’s father is Horace Broadnax, who was the point guard for Georgetown's 1984 national championship team. He is now the head coach at Savannah State.
    Wow! Dad has a ring! Also, the interest of the military academies is that Trent attends Benedictine Military School in Savannah.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Bishop offered by Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Bishop offered by Stanford

Our new QB weighs in on twitter.

Chase Brice

@chasebrice7

No worries here...
    @Cole_bishop_8
    is a lock! #dukegang
    Quote Tweet

Adam Rowe

@AdamRoweTDD
    · 18h

https://twitter.com/tomloy247/status...1769392132096…
    10:09 PM · Apr 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Wow! Dad has a ring! Also, the interest of the military academies is that Trent attends Benedictine Military School in Savannah.
    A Catholic military school! That's a new one on me...I can imagine some interesting courses they might offer...Spanish Armada, Crusades, lots of good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    A Catholic military school! That's a new one on me...I can imagine some interesting courses they might offer...Spanish Armada, Crusades, lots of good stuff!
    Yep. Hadn't thought about it before. "Top Christian military schools" (surely sponsored) includes St. Catherine's of Anaheim, CA. St. John's in DC was originally all-military -- now only 20 percent in the cadet corps.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    When tests and quizzes are given, are they called the Spanish Inquisitions?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Does this mean we are no longer after Pro style QB Christian Veilleux? We are one of the four finalist for him and he is very highly regarded. He's also being recruited by Penn State, Clemson, and Tennessee.
    Veilleux has committed to Penn State.
    Bob Green

BangBang DukeGang21!

Duke receives a commitment from a three star NC DB with offers from Northwestern, NCS, WF among others. Sorry I can’t link now.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    BangBang DukeGang21!

Duke receives a commitment from a three star NC DB with offers from Northwestern, NCS, WF among others. Sorry I can’t link now.
    Thinking this is the guy you are talking about. (Also brought up in the offseason thread, but this one is more fitting.)

https://www.highschoolot.com/newton-...duke/19087566/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."