Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 218 of 218
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    So you're saying she's aware of one often run play that we *shouldn't* be running. That's good enough for me...let's give her the OC job.
    Shes also not fond of the elbow pass. 🤣
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  2. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    That puts Oz next in line for a promotion to an actual position of responsibility. Are you sure he's up to it?
    Ive already said Im not qualified to be OC. But I would like to call some
    of the plays during a game!😎
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  3. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Signing Day! A national holiday here in SEC Country.

    Swiseman’ s take (doe he still post here?): https://twitter.com/stevewisemannc/s...166600706?s=21

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    17 of our current 18 commits have signed letters of intent. We are still awaiting the letter from our California commit Tobin which is expected soon.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    17 of our current 18 commits have signed letters of intent. We are still awaiting the letter from our California commit Tobin which is expected soon.
    And now all 18 letters are in. Welcome to DukeGang gentlemen.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    And now all 18 letters are in. Welcome to DukeGang gentlemen.
    And that is certainly welcome and good news!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  7. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    boston, ma
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    And now all 18 letters are in. Welcome to DukeGang gentlemen.
    Over-under on career ACC wins vs ACC recruiting rankings for this class?
    We're #13 of 14. WF is 14, and good thing we never lose them by 59.
    Our talent development gurus will continue to work miracles!
    Duke 5 - UNC 4*

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    N. Charleston, SC
    Pretty certain Cut will say this is the fastest, most athletic class since hes been at Duke

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Pretty certain Cut will say this is the fastest, most athletic class since hes been at Duke
    In fairness, every coach in America will be saying something along those lines.

    If someone could have trademarked the phrase "we got better today," they would have become very, very rich.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    In fairness, every coach in America will be saying something along those lines.

    If someone could have trademarked the phrase "we got better today," they would have become very, very rich.
    Truth be told, our phrase this season would have been "we got worse today". But we couldn't have made money on it.

    GoDuke!

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Truth be told, our phrase this season would have been "we got worse today". But we couldn't have made money on it.

    GoDuke!
    Pretty sad how apathetic we have become once again. Just a few years ago signing day created a little bit of excitement on DBR. Now it hardly draws any comments except some snarkiness. At least it seemed a positive that 6 of 18 are entering in January, assuming we have a spring practice this year. Recruiting has always been tough at Duke. Hopefully some of these guys will greatly exceed their ratings. On another note, one of our defensive coaches left. Maybe some others will take the hint and leave too. The best head coaches are like great CEOs, they hire great people under them. This is where Cut needs to concentrate on making upgrades.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    247 Sports ranks Duke's class 13th out of 14 teams in the ACC, partly because Duke has only 18 recruits. When you look at average recruit rankings, Duke is ranked 10th.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...Conference=ACC
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Duke's national rank in recruiting this year is 54th according to 247 and 56th according to Rivals.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    Pretty sad how apathetic we have become once again. Just a few years ago signing day created a little bit of excitement on DBR. Now it hardly draws any comments except some snarkiness. At least it seemed a positive that 6 of 18 are entering in January, assuming we have a spring practice this year. Recruiting has always been tough at Duke. Hopefully some of these guys will greatly exceed their ratings. On another note, one of our defensive coaches left. Maybe some others will take the hint and leave too. The best head coaches are like great CEOs, they hire great people under them. This is where Cut needs to concentrate on making upgrades.
    Um, the defensive coach who left became defensive co-ordinator at Tulane. He got a promotion.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Duke's national rank in recruiting this year is 54th according to 247 and 56th according to Rivals.
    Curious if were still pursuing any unsigned 2021 HS players?

    Also, any projections on how many scholarships will be available next fall (recognize this is just a guesstimate)?

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Curious if were still pursuing any unsigned 2021 HS players?

    Also, any projections on how many scholarships will be available next fall (recognize this is just a guesstimate)?
    I suspect we're still perusing the Port-O-Let for experienced transfers.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Holy Cross grad transfer OL Brian Foley has committed to Duke over Texas and Stanford.

    https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...all-158129907/
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Holy Cross grad transfer OL Brian Foley has committed to Duke over Texas and Stanford.

    https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...all-158129907/
    Foley played LT at Holy Cross and was 1st team all conference. Devil's Den says he'll likely move to guard at Duke. Seem like.a solid pickup. Also of interest: his visit was highlighted by facetime, zoom, and a round of golf.

Similar Threads

  1. 2021 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread
    By DavidBenAkiva in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: Yesterday, 09:18 PM
  2. 2020 Duke Football Recruiting
    By chrishoke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: 12-27-2019, 11:57 AM
  3. Duke Football 2015 Recruiting
    By roywhite in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 377
    Last Post: 02-05-2015, 05:30 PM
  4. Duke football recruiting thread
    By watzone in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 12:02 PM
  5. A Look at Duke Football recruiting
    By RazzyBailey31 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 07:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •