Henry Coleman III some kudos...

Had a big game the other night going for 28/18/5 against a highly recruited big man. Not sure if the 6-6 or 6-7 or 6-8 210 or 220 or 238 Coleman will be asked to help man the 5 next year but he sure does have a willingness to be in the paint.

Just wanted to give Henry some pub since he is prob we hear the least about him

I guess I have missed a lot on this incoming FR

1. Henry Coleman, Trinity Episcopal

Henry Coleman has emerged as quite the forward prospect in the 2020 class of Virginia. At 6-foot-8, he has the ability to play either forward spot and at the next level, he's bound to create mismatch problems. He can play inside and out with his ability to bang down low and play on the perimeter. He's due for a big year at Trinity Episcopal as a double-double machine. Coleman signed with Duke in the fall as a part of the Blue Devils No. 1 recruiting class.

Good report, thanks Jaks!

that k guy seems to have an eye for talent

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    that k guy seems to have an eye for talent
    Now if he could only figure out a way to get them to stay more then a year!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Now if he could only figure out a way to get them to stay more then a year!! LOL
    Coach K could ask ole roy how he does it. Oh, that won't work because Duke requires it's players attend class.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Coach K could ask ole roy how he does it. Oh, that won't work because Duke requires it's players attend class.

GoDuke!
    Did you attend English class?
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

back on to... I think Henry could fill a role at Duke if he can play the 5 when Williams is not on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Did you attend English class?
    Not if I could slip out the window without the teacher seeing me.

GoDuke!

One of the VA papers out of Richmond had an article about Henry and said that he is a player that is "flying under the radar" because he doesn't play in major a HS conference and hasn't come head-to-head with top recruits.

On another note, Verbal Commits has him listed at 6-8 238

misc

That would be the old Prep League. Henry torched my old alma mater (St. Chris) a few weeks ago, and that was a top 10 matchup in the area. Trinity, St. Chris, and Collegiate are not what they used to be ( ie they've gotten much better )--but because the league is small and parochial it doesn't get a whole lot of pub.

Did you go to the game? I just had a buddy from Richmond say he watched a game a week ago and Coleman was fantastic. Said he is very strong rebounder and has great energy. Also said he stayed in the paint and played as a big (the 4 and the 5). Lastly he said that Coleman has grown and is a good 6-8 and at least 235/240.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaks19 View Post
    One of the VA papers out of Richmond had an article about Henry and said that he is a player that is "flying under the radar" because he doesn't play in major a HS conference and hasn't come head-to-head with top recruits.

On another note, Verbal Commits has him listed at 6-8 238
    zion_tg544.jpg

*dont take this post seriously

Did you go to the game? I just had a buddy from Richmond say he watched a game a week ago and Coleman was fantastic. Said he is very strong rebounder and has great energy. Also said he stayed in the paint and played as a big (the 4 and the 5). Lastly he said that Coleman has grown and is a good 6-8 and at least 235/240.
    I didn't, but my younger brother did. Said that Coleman was a beast--really knows how to use his body and score. Coleman's counterpart from St. Chris had a good game as well (I think that kid is headed to Cornell on a lax schollie, but is an accomplished bball player).

That's what my buddy said too.

Hope Coleman can assist at the 5 next year

6/8 240 means most of his minutes will be at the 5.