Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 63, Boston College 55 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

3 minutes of good basketball was all it took. What a stinker.

Survived on the road. Next play.

Didn’t deserve it. Will still take it.

Thank you Joey Baker for channeling your inner Grayson Allen.

Glad we got THAT out of our system and maybe, just maybe, the staff can do what is necessary over the next several days to have these guys mentally prepared for Saturday.

Whoo!

We coulda/shoulda lost.
    Heads just were not there.

Jones won it, but Baker turned it around.

Record setting shooting performance?

Shooting from both teams was terrible. Duke finished 1-15 from 3 but hit 16-20 free throws. Big Vern played well with 4 fouls for most of the 2nd half and finished with 17 and 10. Tre was a leader and hit big shots at crunch time as well as found DeLaurier for a nice assist near the end.

ACC road wins are always great.

19-3, 9-2 and on to unc.

Burn the tape and get ready for UNC. Holy Cow that was hard to watch. Kudos to Joey for giving a huge spark- felt a bit like Grayson Allen there for that stretch in the NC game. Tre with some strong points down the stretch- channeling Patrick Mahomes - horrible game for 3 quarters and then started to make plays. Not sure what to make of this game- other than Duke found a way to win. Take it and move on.

All the layups we left on the table..Geez. But a win is a win..

Arrggghhhhhhhh Sorry I had to get that off my chest from the in-game thread.

Survive and advance

Need. More. Ymm, Beer.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I think Duke picked a darn good night to lay an egg. This was the back end of toughest travel weekend of the year for Duke and boy did it show. Most other teams left on the schedule (and certainly those we’ll see in March) would have had Duke down 23 at the half instead of 3. The big keys were Joey Baker coming in cold and giving us some kind of spark that wasn’t Carey and the zone pressure that BC didn’t look prepared for.

Duke hasn’t had many nights with both the bad shooting bug and the low energy bug, but it was good to see the guys rally and recognize they were right there and seize the game.

Thank goodness for JOEY BUCKETS! Team was lifeless until he came in,hit some big shots,and played with some fire. Tre played great down the stretch. Great win we might have lost in many other situations. Now let's go take care of the cheats!

Same things happened here as in some of the losses. Out hustled, out rebounded, inside plugged up and we were sleep walking. I noticed Hurt didn't get back in nor did AOC or even Jack White. Coach K just didn't like what he saw. Refs swallowed their whistles, kind of a trend and much like tournament calls.

Thankfully, Joey Baker gave us 8 quick points and a nice steal, but the guy who won it for us was clearly Tre. We tightened up on defense for the last 5 minutes and Tre scored key buckets and hit important FTs at the end.

What does coach K have to do to get this team to toughen up?

We won on the road and that is what counts but lets hope we understand it wasn't pretty.

Had I known someone was going to hand my comments about Tre's poor play to him, I would have written them much sooner He came up big down the stretch, which is really all that matters.

It seemed as though Coach K had fallen asleep on the bench, but low and behold he ups the pressure and goes zone and suddenly everyone seems more energized. Maybe that's what the kids needed in order to sense the urgency of the situation.

Nice to see us go back to the mix and match, but man did we really have to wait so long? Baker was a huge spark for the team and you have to wonder did that last DNP have anything to do with it?

I hate to take credit, but during the in game thread I called for Joey and for the zone. Within a couple of minutes both of my wishes were granted, and we win the game.

I'll be coaching all week. 😊

An ugly win is still a win. Happy to escape on the plus side.

I said in the pregame thread that I would be satisfied with a 1-pt win (and that BC +15 was a very strong bet), so can't complain about the result.

We played 10 guys, including a resurgence by Joey (very important if we want to win in March/April, imo) and we showed some new tricks with the zone and the 2-2-1 press which impacted the game, leading to victory.

Good win. Seriously.

I thought they might go to the zone when Carey got his 4th foul, and that made a big difference ... took them out of their rhythm and forced some turnovers. Never seen Carey miss so many shots around the rim.