Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ymm, Spicy Food

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Dropped a meme over in the 'laughter is the best medicine' thread that may describe what you are currently feeling.
    “Must spread comments . . . .”

DF62AF04-F345-4380-9D42-885D24BFAC2A.jpg

Gotta give a big shout-out to Hellfire Detroit roasted habañero sauce. Claims to be 100k-300k Scoville, Doesn’t seem that hot to me. But a really tasty smoked heat. Ingredients are simple: Fire-roasted habañero, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, distilled water, olive oil.

Well worth searching out!

(Ignore the beer, that was for a different thread.)

Paqui Ghost Pepper chips, ymmm.

Mrs. Womble's delicious chicken stay is warming up in the bullpen...fire up the grill!

Fear the "reaper"!

My cousin and his wife came over for a cookout, and she made a pan of Mexican cornbread, which I love made with jalapenos. Had a big plate of BBQ pork and slaw, and cut my self a piece of the cornbread. Noticing Tammy eyeing me slyly, I asked her what was up with the cornbread.
    My cousin loves hot food, and once got me to eat a bite from a ghost chili pepper. That was rough, in fact I almost made them take me to the hospital..
    Rick admitted he had put a quarter of a Carolina reaper in among the jalapenos, and told me I didn't have to try it, as it was all on one side of the pan, the jalapenos on the other.
    Well, those of you that know me know I won't back down, so, old hard head goes for the Reaper.
    First thing you notice is a sweet taste, which is followed by a feeling of molten lava in your mouth. Milk barely cuts it..Beer makes it wildly hotter.
    Sweating profusely, I grabbed a quart of ice cream which actually cooled it down a bit. But it keeps coming back...I was in pain for two hours, and finally it began to fade away.
    Today, my tongue feels like it has been sandpapered, and I cannot drink anything hot without pain..I would advise never eating this pepper..I sure as Hell won't go near one again!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I like spicy, but I don't get eating food that hurts. I've actually grown a few super hot peppers, but I don't eat them; I just think they are cool to look at. Poisonous snakes are cool to look at, yet I don't have any desire to touch them.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I like spicy, but I don't get eating food that hurts. I've actually grown a few super hot peppers, but I don't eat them; I just think they are cool to look at. Poisonous snakes are cool to look at, yet I don't have any desire to touch them.
    Kardashians are fun to look at, but I wouldn’t want to date one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Paqui Ghost Pepper chips, ymmm.
    I'm never eating Paqui Ghost Pepper Chips again.

I've said this before. I think I mean it this time.

Paqui's are awesome! I mean, they're hot, but really good! I can only eat a few at a time, which just makes them last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Paqui's are awesome! I mean, they're hot, but really good! I can only eat a few at a time, which just makes them last longer.
    Hotter than wasabi peas? If so I need to seek them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    My cousin and his wife came over for a cookout, and she made a pan of Mexican cornbread, which I love made with jalapenos. Had a big plate of BBQ pork and slaw, and cut my self a piece of the cornbread. Noticing Tammy eyeing me slyly, I asked her what was up with the cornbread.
    My cousin loves hot food, and once got me to eat a bite from a ghost chili pepper. That was rough, in fact I almost made them take me to the hospital..
    Rick admitted he had put a quarter of a Carolina reaper in among the jalapenos, and told me I didn't have to try it, as it was all on one side of the pan, the jalapenos on the other.
    Well, those of you that know me know I won't back down, so, old hard head goes for the Reaper.
    First thing you notice is a sweet taste, which is followed by a feeling of molten lava in your mouth. Milk barely cuts it..Beer makes it wildly hotter.
    Sweating profusely, I grabbed a quart of ice cream which actually cooled it down a bit. But it keeps coming back...I was in pain for two hours, and finally it began to fade away.
    Today, my tongue feels like it has been sandpapered, and I cannot drink anything hot without pain..I would advise never eating this pepper..I sure as Hell won't go near one again!
    The reaper is well named, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hotter than wasabi peas? If so I need to seek them out.
    Do it. Just don't eat too many!

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The reaper is well named, that's for sure.
    Don't fear:

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Are these the chip that literally comes as a single chip serving?

I like spicy food up to a point; painful is at least a step too far.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Are these the chip that literally comes as a single chip serving?

I like spicy food up to a point; painful is at least a step too far.
    That is the Paqui Carolina Reaper One Chip Challenge. The Ghost Pepper Chips are a full bag.

It isn't as scorchingly hot as ghost pepper or Carolina reaper or that tier of spicy peppers, but has anyone here tried Chinese 5 color peppers? Pretty good flavor and a nice crisp heat.

Research suggests they are supposed to be about the same as Cayenne pepper (30-50,0000 Scoville units), although everyone in my house agrees ours seem to be quite a bit hotter than that, probably just south of a habanero.

I ate a home-grown cayenne with a sandwich this weekend. Had a good heat to it, but at least my ears weren't still burning inside two hours later (happened once before).

I just tried Sweet Baby Ray hot sauce fir the first time. It wasn't too bad. Mildly hotter and considerably more vinegary than Texas Pete. Like Tabasco with a little garlic, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I just tried Sweet Baby Ray hot sauce fir the first time. It wasn't too bad. Mildly hotter and considerably more vinegary than Texas Pete. Like Tabasco with a little garlic, I guess.
    I love their BBQ sauce. Might have to give this a go!

I love their BBQ sauce. Might have to give this a go!
    They gave away bottles of Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce at the State Fair last year. (SIGH!) No Fair, no fair!