Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Ymm, Spicy Food

Not too hot but jalapeños were in the brine, cayenne in the rub, poblanos in the cavity and pan.

Got a half dozen bottles of Marie Sharps, my favorite hot sauce, from Santa. Made in Belize. Also got a truffle hot sauce, which is a little weird for me. Haven’t found the right thing to slather it on maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Got a half dozen bottles of Marie Sharps, my favorite hot sauce, from Santa. Made in Belize. Also got a truffle hot sauce, which is a little weird for me. Haven’t found the right thing to slather it on maybe.
    Scrambled eggs?

Spicy was a theme this Christmas. Santa brought me Mike's Hot Honey.

https://mikeshothoney.com

Lavi hot peanut butter with scotch bonnet peppers (from Haiti - check it out, great story)

https://www.laviforhaiti.com

and Momofuku Chili Crunch.

https://shop.momofuku.com/products/chili-crunch

All are delicious.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Spicy was a theme this Christmas. Santa brought me Mike's Hot Honey.

https://mikeshothoney.com

Lavi hot peanut butter with scotch bonnet peppers (from Haiti - check it out, great story)

https://www.laviforhaiti.com

and Momofuku Chili Crunch.

https://shop.momofuku.com/products/chili-crunch

All are delicious.

Hmm 2 and 3 sound great. What do you put the hot honey on? I can think of a few dishes, I suppose.

Hmm 2 and 3 sound great. What do you put the hot honey on? I can think of a few dishes, I suppose.
    Chicken and waffles for one. They suggest pepperoni pizza. It's actually like a sweet hot sauce.
    ~rthomas

I made pork carnitas last night using my last couple of dried Hatch chilies and a few other peppers. I've been really doing well lately with rich and flavorful, but not overpowering spice. That's a fine line to walk with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I made pork carnitas last night using my last couple of dried Hatch chilies and a few other peppers. I've been really doing well lately with rich and flavorful, but not overpowering spice. That's a fine line to walk with my wife.
    Nice.

I have the same problem. I love it hot. My wife does not. I've drawn my son out on it a bit to a middle ground. Daughter passes but unfortunately is off at school so sups with us infrequently.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Nice.

I have the same problem. I love it hot. My wife does not. I've drawn my son out on it a bit to a middle ground. Daughter passes but unfortunately is off at school so sups with us infrequently.
    I have a mother in law who shall remain nameless who continues to attempt to retcon several years of history by claiming she “likes spicy food” after she spent a solid half decade gasping every time I even glanced toward the cayenne.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Chicken and waffles for one. They suggest pepperoni pizza. It's actually like a sweet hot sauce.
    I have yet to understand the appeal of chicken and waffles. I finally went and got some a couple years ago, expecting it to be the revelation everyone seems to describe, but to me it was slightly worse than eating either of the two foods separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I have yet to understand the appeal of chicken and waffles. I finally went and got some a couple years ago, expecting it to be the revelation everyone seems to describe, but to me it was slightly worse than eating either of the two foods separately.
    It might help to be high.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Not sure how easy it is to spend $100 on hot pepper flakes.

If you were looking for a discount to try Flatiron Pepper Flakes, here ya go:

Input code "BF2020" for 15% off all gift sets AND all orders over $100 will receive a FREE bottle of "I Can't Feel My Face".
    I got so many ads for Flatiron that I went and checked it out a while back as an upgrade to my standard red pepper flake shaker. They have a lot of interesting pepper flake products, but on the pricey side.

Ended up searching Amazon and ordered New Mexican green chile flakes and a shaker jar of Aleppo pepper flakes. I have been really enjoying the Aleppo on pizza, pasta, etc. Use some in the cooking and then add some on top when plating because I have to keep the main recipe dialed down for the wife.

I am tired of wimpy horseradish, so did some research and ordered a bottle of St. Elmo Steakhouse horseradish. It gave me that burn in the back of my skull I was hunting. Very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am tired of wimpy horseradish, so did some research and ordered a bottle of St. Elmo Steakhouse horseradish. It gave me that burn in the back of my skull I was hunting. Very impressed.
    I put hot sauce on almost everything. But I CANNOT do horseradish. It's not the heat, it's that YLEASCHHHHKKKK factor. Hard to spell what I am trying to say, but you probably get the idea.

Yep, I thought this thread was still in the queue.

Beer can chicken was spicy/rubbed/basted enough for me Friday night with some leftovers tonight.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Yep, thread still here.

Made a pepper relish .i got from gordan ramsay
    That is tasty but has some heat.
    Whole red onion .chopped .
    4 red chili peppers .sliced
    2 to 3 cups of small tomatoes
    Sherry vinegar.
    And chopped parsley .
    Onions and peppers into pan.
    Cook them down.
    Cut tomatoes in half
    Add cook till mushy add 1/8 cuo of vinegar
    Add parsley mash while cooking .
    Its a tart relish but good.
    I put it on top of a filet sandwich.

Cook filet .slice put on top of pan toasted chibata. top with relish.

Buffalo chicken soup with several splashes of Texas Pete, Tostitos for scooping and a small Caesar salad.

What a novel idea, posting about spicy food in the Ymm, Spicy Food thread.

Devil's Diarrhea and Hitler's Anus. Enjoy.

Devil's Diarrhea and Hitler's Anus. Enjoy.

Hot Ones is my favorite YouTube show. For real.

I highly recommend; much better IMO than the SNL skit portrays although really cool to see the props from them!