Appreciation for Cassius Stanley

Here is a kid that came in as a lower ranked recruit and who also missed time with an injury, yet he may be the most NBA ready guard on the team. Terrific athlete, excellent defender, good ball handler, decent shooter and a kid with a great attitude. He had an excellent game against high level competition in Louisville and is very likely to be instrumental in many wins as we move ahead. I ready like what I see with this kid.

Agree with all of that...a joy to watch.

I am going really going to enjoy watching him grow over the next 3.5 years - or not.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

awesome talent...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Has been huge this year. I'd like to take credit for his awesome game. I saw him at the Durham Whole Foods the other day and told him I loved watching him play. A couple days later, he goes off. (Joking of course, and he couldn't have been nicer)

he's easily our third best player. Might be second by the end of the season.

He is nba ready ready and should depart if it's in the cards for him to be a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    he's easily our third best player. Might be second by the end of the season.
    He has something at this stage of the season that the top two don't have. That's toughness. He might just be our best player.

GoDuke!

Landing Stanley May have cost us Boogie Ellis... but I am quite happy with how it has turned out. Stanley has been a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    He is nba ready ready and should depart if it's in the cards for him to be a first rounder.
    Yes, especially because he is already 20--a bit old for a freshman. So from an NBA perspective, his clock is ticking.

Not to say I wouldn't be VERY sorry to see him go, but if he has the chance...

He is definitely our most NBA ready guard, I would say our most NBA ready player period. Has improved his handle since the start of the season and doesn’t turn it over nearly as much. His shot is much better than I expected, and he has a knack for hitting threes at big moments. Really reminds me of Gerald Henderson the way he seems to just glide over the court.

He’ll likely need to play the 2 at the next level due to his height, so his areas for improvement are ball handling and shooting off the dribble. I fully expect him to leave and will enjoy watching him for the rest of this season.