Thread: Pitt

Pitt

Pitt beat Carolina last night I know Çarolina is bad but still they swept them, they should have beat Louisville but a bad call really hurt and poor play down the stretch. I live in Pittsburgh now and cannot emphasize how bad this program was before they got Capel Walkons were getting significant minutes 0`16 in ACC etc. Capel is my bet to succeed Coach K and Duke will be in very good hands. It has been amazing how he has breathed life into a corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    Pitt beat Carolina last night I know Çarolina is bad but still they swept them, they should have beat Louisville but a bad call really hurt and poor play down the stretch. I live in Pittsburgh now and cannot emphasize how bad this program was before they got Capel Walkons were getting significant minutes 0`16 in ACC etc. Capel is my bet to succeed Coach K and Duke will be in very good hands. It has been amazing how he has breathed life into a corpse.
    A corpse?1?

Do people sing Sweet Caroline to a corpse?

Granted, the program wasn't too lively, and a candidate for being thrown on the cart in Monty Python's Holy Grail, but it wasn't dead yet.

The Panthers are up to #68 in Kenpom and #73 in the NET. Still a ways to go but they've got a pair of very winnable games in BC and Syracuse this week before coming to Cameron on the 28th. The Panthers are 3-4 in the ACC and will probably need to win at least 8 but probably 9 of their remaining 13 games before the ACC tourney to get into the NCAA conversation. It is a hill to climb, but it is doable, I think.

-Jason "I think 12-8 in the ACC, no matter what your non-conference slate was like, probably gets you in the NCAA conversation" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    A corpse?1?

Granted, the program wasn't too lively, and a candidate for being thrown on the cart in Monty Python's Holy Grail, but it wasn't dead yet.
    Did you mean a chorus?

(anticipated reply: of corpse not)

(door closes quickly behind me and dead bolt clicks)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

My philosophy for Pitt remains simple.
    I wish Capel and Pitt all success as long as its not against Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did you mean a chorus?

That was dead on, DD.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did you mean a chorus?

It is only a Corpus to Christi, whose daughter once dated Luke Kennard. (In case anyone lost track of the connection to Duke - relevance is very important!)

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    A corpse?1?

Well Sweet Caroline was started purely as a football thing...to bring life to the dead atmosphere of Pitt FB games in fact. Naturally it gravitated inside to the gym...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Well Sweet Caroline was started purely as a football thing...to bring life to the dead atmosphere of Pitt FB games in fact. Naturally it gravitated inside to the gym...
    So it wasn't effective at all. They don't have a problem with the atmosphere in Petersen, but I just can't figure out where they stole all of their cheers. Bad imitation is not a form of flattery.

I'm not sure Capel will be offered the job after K. I really don't think that has been decided yet, and I don't think K knows when he will retire. Ring #6 is a strong candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    So it wasn't effective at all. They don't have a problem with the atmosphere in Petersen, but I just can't figure out where they stole all of their cheers. Bad imitation is not a form of flattery.
    I guess you missed the video about Pitt's Sweet Caroline moments at FB games.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I guess you missed the video about Pitt's Sweet Caroline moments at FB games.
    I judge it by Duke football games I attend. It reminds me of Wally Wade during the Franks-Roof era or the recent Cutcliffe era when the weather demotivates our team.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post

I'm not sure Capel will be offered the job after K. I really don't think that has been decided yet, and I don't think K knows when he will retire. Ring #6 is a strong candidate.
    My guess is that Coach K would love to coach his grandson for his 4 seasons after this redshirt season. So ... I’m guessing he hangs it up after Ring Number 10. 🤗