Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hearing rumblings of Beilein to an ACC school... but not the one you think. BC.

Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    Hearing rumblings of Beilein to an ACC school... but not the one you think. BC.
    Ooh. That's intriguing.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Beilein to unc?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Ooh. That's intriguing.
    Texas still makes so much more sense

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Beilein to unc?

-jk
    Are you changing your username to “-j/k”?

Texas still makes so much more sense
    Yeah, I know. That's why thinking about him going to BC is so much more interesting. I mean, maybe it comes down to him being a fan of Mike's Cannoli?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Yeah, I know. That's why thinking about him going to BC is so much more interesting. I mean, maybe it comes down to him being a fan of Mike's Cannoli?
    Modern Pastry FTW. Tourists go to Mike’s (Pastry, not Cannoli).

Modern Pastry FTW. Tourists go to Mike’s (Pastry, not Cannoli).
    I was referring to the actual Cannoli themselves but I can see how you would be confused. My only trips to Boston so far have been as a tourist, which would explain. Must try this "Modern" Pastry next time I'm up.

I was referring to the actual Cannoli themselves but I can see how you would be confused. My only trips to Boston so far have been as a tourist, which would explain. Must try this "Modern" Pastry next time I'm up.
    Your capitalization of Cannoli threw me off. Modern is right across the street. I was there Friday night. Get the pasticiotti. You’ll thank me later.

Your capitalization of Cannoli threw me off. Modern is right across the street. I was there Friday night. Get the pasticiotti. You’ll thank me later.
    Never been to Modern. The few times we've been to Bah-ston, it was Mike's every time, about 2 blocks from the best eggplant parm I've ever had.

Next thing ya know, we'll be talking about Ymm, Beer...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

“Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.”

One of my favorite movie lines ever.

What are the possible destinations for John Beilein in college basketball?
    ESPN
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ege-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by CamrnCrz1974 View Post
    What are the possible destinations for John Beilein in college basketball?
    ESPN
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ege-basketball
    Article is behind a firewall.

If I'm John Beilein, Texas would be of no interest to me. He is 67 years old, has made tons of money, has no roots (or likely recruiting contacts) anywhere near Texas, and his son might be having some challenges that could use his attention (I don't know if there ever was an explanation of why he left Niagara so suddenly). Texas is a very high stress job - they have a ton of resources, but also very high expectations. Then again, this is the same guy who gave up a great situation at Michigan to take a high risk position with the Cavs, so who knows what he is thinking.

Imagine Beilein to Wake... that could shake things up in North Carolina...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Article is behind a firewall.

If I'm John Beilein, Texas would be of no interest to me. He is 67 years old, has made tons of money, has no roots (or likely recruiting contacts) anywhere near Texas, and his son might be having some challenges that could use his attention (I don't know if there ever was an explanation of why he left Niagara so suddenly). Texas is a very high stress job - they have a ton of resources, but also very high expectations. Then again, this is the same guy who gave up a great situation at Michigan to take a high risk position with the Cavs, so who knows what he is thinking.
    Hints only-- Shaka gone, Christian era ends, Coach wearing out his welcome with the Demons.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Imagine Beilein to Wake... that could shake things up in North Carolina...
    It would certainly be a bold statement by Wake. I would love it if this happens.

BC are hoop morons, having fired the successful (I witnessed a number of epic BC-Duke battles) Al Skinner. Nonsensical move, they've never been the same since.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    BC are hoop morons, having fired the successful (I witnessed a number of epic BC-Duke battles) Al Skinner. Nonsensical move, they've never been the same since.
    I don't miss Skinner - or more accurately the bang-em-up Big East style he embraced. Seth, too.

-jk

I don't miss Skinner - or more accurately the bang-em-up Big East style he embraced. Seth, too.

-jk
    Was BC a really bang em up type team? I don't remember them that way. I do remember them being able to execute their offense "inside a phone both".

The problem with Skinner was that he was lazy. He was content being pretty good. BC thought they could do better. They turned out to be wrong.

-jk
    Was BC a really bang em up type team? I don't remember them that way. I do remember them being able to execute their offense "inside a phone both".

The problem with Skinner was that he was lazy. He was content being pretty good. BC thought they could do better. They turned out to be wrong.
    My recollection of those Skinner teams matches jk's. Sort of Greenberg-VT lite.