Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

c'mon. At least put something relevant in the thread title.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    sorry my post didn't meet your standards

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    It's in the board decorum to provide context to links:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...519#post423519
    April 1

Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    Hey, it's the standards of DBR and he's right to take ownership of said standards. I thought the link was gonna be to an article on a definitive timeline for Wendell's return.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Agree.

Hey, it's the standards of DBR and he's right to take ownership of said standards. I thought the link was gonna be to an article on a definitive timeline for Wendell's return.
    That was my concern. Given Wendell's situation, this could easily apply to him, which makes the title very click-baity.

I get the excitement about Zion (heck, I'm still trying to find a time to go see him play in the league!), but this board is still primarily focused on the current duke team, and as such, it seems reasonable to assume a post like this would be about a current rather than a former player. Normally a former player returning from injury in the league wouldn't warrant a stand-alone post to begin with, as we have a dukies in the NBA thread.
    April 1

That was my concern. Given Wendell's situation, this could easily apply to him, which makes the title very click-baity.

I get the excitement about Zion (heck, I'm still trying to find a time to go see him play in the league!), but this board is still primarily focused on the current duke team, and as such, it seems reasonable to assume a post like this would be about a current rather than a former player. Normally a former player returning from injury in the league wouldn't warrant a stand-alone post to begin with, as we have a dukies in the NBA thread.
    ok...i see what you mean. i apologize for being such a (--redacted--)!
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 01-14-2020 at 09:45 AM.

I assume the thread title has been changed, but now I'm left wondering what it was originally because the entire thread has been almost exclusively about the old title. Was it just "He's Baaaacckkk ..." instead of "Zion's Baaaaccckkkk ...?"

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I assume the thread title has been changed, but now I'm left wondering what it was originally because the entire thread has been about the old title. Was it just "He's Baaaacckkk ..." instead of "Zion's Baaaaccckkkk ...?"
    Yep.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I assume the thread title has been changed, but now I'm left wondering what it was originally because the entire thread has been almost exclusively about the old title. Was it just "He's Baaaacckkk ..." instead of "Zion's Baaaaccckkkk ...?"
    This is actually a meta-thread -- just discussion about thread format, not about the substance.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Well, I for one am shickled titless by the news. Zion's been the most fun I've had watching a basketball game in a while and I'll be tuning in to a lot of Pelicans games just to watch him. I can't say that for any other recent NBA player save for play-off Lebron, Steph, and KD.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Well, I for one am shickled titless by the news.
    Well I guess I won't be painting any portraits of you then.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Well I guess I won't be painting any portraits of you then.
    I am not one of your French girls all shickled tit-ful!

Zion’s debut pushed back to next Tuesday, 1/22, now. And I had just set my DVR with all the NBA doings tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Zion’s debut pushed back to next Tuesday, 1/22, now. And I had just set my DVR with all the NBA doings tomorrow night.
    In addition, Pelicans have changed their tune on minutes restrictions and are now saying Zion will not have any.

Tuesday 01/22 does not exist.

It's actually Wednesday 01/22 at home vs San Antonio.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Tuesday 01/22 does not exist.

It's actually Wednesday 01/22 at home vs San Antonio.
    Sorry. My bad on the day of the week.

Actually, it will be Wednesday the 22nd against the Spurs.

-Jason "ESPN currently schedule to show 76ers-Raptors and Nuggets-Rockets that night... I wonder if that will change" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Actually, it will be Wednesday the 22nd against the Spurs.

-Jason "ESPN currently schedule to show 76ers-Raptors and Nuggets-Rockets that night... I wonder if that will change" Evans
    All of Zion's college games were available on TV nationally but most of his NBA games won't be. You get better TV exposure playing at Duke than you do playing in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    All of Zion's college games were available on TV nationally but most of his NBA games won't be. You get better TV exposure playing at Duke than you do playing in the NBA.
    Until the ACCN, anyway...

-jk