Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    This. I understand California is far, but can they at least adopt Eastern Time? 10pm is not a friendly time for an epic game.
    Let’s see. 7pm there. Which means if folks leave their houses on time in the morning, they can probably just make it there on time with all the traffic. Or just slightly after tip off.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    This. I understand California is far, but can they at least adopt Eastern Time? 10pm is not a friendly time for an epic game.
    It's a great time for me. I'll get home from my weekly golf league at The Drive Shack around 9:30m spend some time with the family, wait until everyone goes to bed and then watch that game. That assumes, of course, that I can watch the Duke game while I'm whacking golf balls.

Zion with 17 in the first half against the Lakers. Held his own defending Davis on some possessions and drove right at Davis and scored late. It's amazing that, still not in great shape and with some holes in his game, pros can't stop him even when they know what he's going to do. Oh, if he had just gotten some shots in the last couple of minutes against Mich State.

Great night for Duke (alumni) basketball — Zion about to tie Carmelo for rookie record for 20+ point games.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Great night for Duke (alumni) basketball — Zion about to tie Carmelo for rookie record for 20+ point games.
    The record is for consecutive 20+ point games. Source (USA today link).

The Cavs are up next on Friday. They are also the last team to hold Zion under 20 points back on 1/28/20, Zion's 4th game.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Zion with 17 in the first half against the Lakers. Held his own defending Davis on some possessions and drove right at Davis and scored late. It's amazing that, still not in great shape and with some holes in his game, pros can't stop him even when they know what he's going to do. Oh, if he had just gotten some shots in the last couple of minutes against Mich State.
    But RJ had to have his.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    But RJ had to have his.

GoDuke!
    too soon....WAAAAAAAAAY too soon...

Just watched the highlight video of the game, and highlight video caveats aside, i was impressed by the way Zion was able to take it to The Brow. He just abused The Brow several times. Perhaps he got his shot blocked a few times, idk, but he did take and make a lot of FTs too. Very impressive game from Zion, and also a great performance from LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Just watched the highlight video of the game, and highlight video caveats aside, i was impressed by the way Zion was able to take it to The Brow. He just abused The Brow several times. Perhaps he got his shot blocked a few times, idk, but he did take and make a lot of FTs too. Very impressive game from Zion, and also a great performance from LeBron.
    Not just The Brow but Dwight Howard too. Although DH was effective at slapping the ball out a few times when Zion kept bringing it low. I too was impressed with how physical Zion was against both -- but especially surprised with how he consistently attacked, took contact, and converted on layups (with contact) against The Brow. Zion's rebound where he completely out jumped 7 footer was the highlight of the night. Only one more game to break the rookie record! Go Z!

zion keeps amazing people on and off the court

Worth a read - thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Worth a read - thanks for posting!
    Yes indeed! Thank you for sharing!

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    How about this rebound against the Lakers:

https://twitter.com/DukeNBA/status/1...178800128?s=20
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Lakers and Pelicans going at it in 5.

Smoothie King Center doesn’t sound a bit like Cameron. They’ve got a lot to cheer for but they’re mostly sitting on their hands. I know it’s an NBA arena not a college arena but the Saints fans know how to make noise.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Smoothie King Center doesn’t sound a bit like Cameron. They’ve got a lot to cheer for but they’re mostly sitting on their hands. I know it’s an NBA arena not a college arena but the Saints fans know how to make noise.
    But they got Red Panda doing her thing at halftime...

...in fairness, Mardi Gras just wrapped up last week so everyone is probably still hungover.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    But they got Red Panda doing her thing at halftime...

...in fairness, Mardi Gras just wrapped up last week so everyone is probably still hungover.
    Red Panda better be in Durham on Saturday.

Yeah that matchup just isn’t fair.

35 points on 16 shots. 19 years old. Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, Ingram was 5-23 and 1-9 on threes.