Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    As good as we all know he is .i have this feeling he may end up being in the discussion of Goat.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    As good as we all know he is .i have this feeling he may end up being in the discussion of Goat.
    after 3 games?

Staying healthy is a huge part of it.
    April 1

I don’t think he’ll ever get there — barely anyone does, and I don’t think someone who weighs that much with that much jumping ability will have the longevity to actually put up the cumulative stats required of entering that discussion.

But after 3 games, with the eye test and just how easy the game looks for him already, I think there’s a few MVPs in his future.

A legacy like Wade or Nowitski or Nash seems possible. An undisputed top player in the history of the game but nowhere near entering the James/Jordan/Wilt/Kobe discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    I don’t think he’ll ever get there — barely anyone does, and I don’t think someone who weighs that much with that much jumping ability will have the longevity to actually put up the cumulative stats required of entering that discussion.

But after 3 games, with the eye test and just how easy the game looks for him already, I think there’s a few MVPs in his future.

A legacy like Wade or Nowitski or Nash seems possible. An undisputed top player in the history of the game but nowhere near entering the James/Jordan/Wilt/Kobe discussions.
    If hes just scratching the surface of his ability .health aside i believe its not out of the realm of possibility.ofcourse theres a long way to go.i could see him in that list .

No one has ever done that at his size.someone has to be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    after 3 games?

Staying healthy is a huge part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post

If hes just scratching the surface of his ability .health aside i believe its not out of the realm of possibility.ofcourse theres a long way to go.i could see him in that list .

No one has ever done that at his size.someone has to be the first.
    This is kinda insane, and also an insanely insane amount of pressure to be putting on a teenager who has just 3 games on his resume. Yes, his talent is phenomenal. Yes, his skill level is advanced for a kid. Yes, if EVERYTHING breaks the right way for him over at least the next 10-15 years he could be in that discussion. But the insanely insane insanity of putting him even on the periphery of the g..t discussion is probably more destructive than simply casual conjecture. It is setting him up for failure, b/c insanely insane expectations are being created for him. He went from being a mostly overlooked, somewhat scrawny HS Fr. to in the g..t discussion in 5 years? Come on, let's not do this to him.
    Zion seems to enjoy the game, and hopefully he'll be able to ignore these insane discussions for many more years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    This is kinda insane, and also an insanely insane amount of pressure to be putting on a teenager who has just 3 games on his resume. Yes, his talent is phenomenal. Yes, his skill level is advanced for a kid. Yes, if EVERYTHING breaks the right way for him over at least the next 10-15 years he could be in that discussion. But the insanely insane insanity of putting him even on the periphery of the g..t discussion is probably more destructive than simply casual conjecture. It is setting him up for failure, b/c insanely insane expectations are being created for him. He went from being a mostly overlooked, somewhat scrawny HS Fr. to in the g..t discussion in 5 years? Come on, let's not do this to him.
    Zion seems to enjoy the game, and hopefully he'll be able to ignore these insane discussions for many more years to come.
    Oh whatever. We have this conversation with practically every young, budding star in pro sports. Nothing wrong with having it again with this one.

While I mostly agree with what you are saying, do you really think Zion is reading this DBR discussion? I’d say there is a 99.9% chance he is not. And if he is not, how could our discussion be “setting him up for failure”? Not to worry, DIB, Zion is almost surely completely unaffected by anything we discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    While I mostly agree with what you are saying, do you really think Zion is reading this DBR discussion? I’d say there is a 99.9% chance he is not. ...

But I hear his girlfriend's girlfriend dated a guy whose uncle works with someone who posted here a year or two ago!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    But I hear his girlfriend's girlfriend dated a guy whose uncle works with someone who posted here a year or two ago!
    Hmm 🤔, well, BD80, that potentially changes things just a bit. I might (is it might or may?) have to rethink my hypothesis.😉

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Not his uncle. It was his cousin.😂

Don't know how long or ultimately successful Zion's career will be, but he sure is fun to watch.

Watching him play makes me smile.

While I mostly agree with what you are saying, do you really think Zion is reading this DBR discussion? I’d say there is a 99.9% chance he is not. And if he is not, how could our discussion be “setting him up for failure”? Not to worry, DIB, Zion is almost surely completely unaffected by anything we discuss.
    But I read DBR as do many others. And it can affect the mojo I send through the TV when I watch the game. Multiply by the other DBR readers also mojoing and it's going to have an effect.

You can't argue with the science here.

Well that was the most boring six minutes of Zions career

Kobe’s death has taken the spotlight off of Zion, which is likely to Zion’s short term benefit.

And you think that DBR is the only place people say stuff like that? Why feed into that?

And you think that DBR is the only place people say stuff like that? Why feed into that?
    Well, of course you’re right in that this kind of talk — Zion could be an all-time great — is going on elsewhere. And for the record I have not fed into it.

Personally, I don’t think Zion looks right. He seems kind of gimpy, as if some part(s) of his lower body is not feeling 100%. He also looks kind of puffy, which is somewhat understandable coming off of a long layoff. The exact same thing happened to Kyrie after his injury. But still, I thought after all of the talk coming out of New Orleans about working really hard to make significant physical improvements in Zion, he would have looked leaner and more fit than he does (at least to my eye, anyway).

I was optimistic about how things were going to go for Zion as far as staying injury-free after making some necessary changes, but I have to confess that I no longer feel that way. I am REALLY hoping to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Kobe’s death has taken the spotlight off of Zion, which is likely to Zion’s short term benefit.
    Kobe's death has done the unthinkable. Moved the Super Bowl to an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Kobe's death has done the unthinkable. Moved the Super Bowl to an afterthought.
    honestly i don't think i've ever been so uninterested in the NFL playoffs. I had to open ESPN just now to see who the 49ers were playing. I honestly didn't know.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    honestly i don't think i've ever been so uninterested in the NFL playoffs. I had to open ESPN just now to see who the 49ers were playing. I honestly didn't know.
    Yet, it should be a really fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yet, it should be a really fun game.
    i'll watch, for sure (at least the second half after i get out of rehearsal), but given the pats giants, fins, broncos, or pretty much anyone i could potentially care about was out, there was no interest.

Totally pulling for andy reid, though.
    April 1