Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Zion's amazing talents would be wasted on the OL or DL...yes, he's strong enough to do so, but it would waste his amazing jumping, hands, speed, lateral quickness. I've said, only half joking, that in 2 weeks time he could be the best TE the NFL has ever seen. That's the position that most aligns with his unprecedented skill set.
    Yeh, I can see Zion catching a 10 yard pass, run over a DB, smile and then pick the trampled DB up.

GoDuke!

Greybeard?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    This article was linked on the front page yesterday, and that link goes to the article. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-no-precedent
    Having read the article, it brought back memories of the (previously) very productive poster Greybeard. Much of what is discussed in the article is focused on the kinetic chain, core strengthening, timing of muscle firing, etc. None of this is particularly new, especially to those like Greybeard who posted quite frequently on the topic. It's certainly becoming more mainstream in the media because of people like Zion, of course.

Not sure if it’s been noted but I just saw that the Pels game on Wednesday will be broadcast on ESPN.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Having read the article, it brought back memories of the (previously) very productive poster Greybeard. Much of what is discussed in the article is focused on the kinetic chain, core strengthening, timing of muscle firing, etc. None of this is particularly new, especially to those like Greybeard who posted quite frequently on the topic. It's certainly becoming more mainstream in the media because of people like Zion, of course.
    How come Greybeard didn’t post in the S’up Klemnop thread? You still around?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Yeh, I can see Zion catching a 10 yard pass, run over a DB, smile and then pick the trampled DB up.

GoDuke!
    I would have agreed a few weeks ago but with Henry and Titans think of Zion at running back

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    I would have agreed a few weeks ago but with Henry and Titans think of Zion at running back
    Zion's leaping and great hands would largely be wasted at running back. The big power forwards who moved from BB to FB almost always go to TE, and some have been awesome as TEs. Think Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Darren Fells, Julius Thomas, Rico Gathers and some others. The big exception is Julius Peppers, who also would have been an all world TE had he played that...but he was more a FB player who played BB...the others are BB players who switched to FB. Their skills sets all kind of mirrored Zion's, but Zion is more freakish athlete than any of them. Gonzales is considered maybe the best TE ever...and Zion has everything he has plus more. TE is the position.

Regarding the front page article on Zion ---- according to David Griffin, there will be no specific minutes restriction or target. He does speak about what to expect though.

Zion's leaping and great hands would largely be wasted at running back. The big power forwards who moved from BB to FB almost always go to TE, and some have been awesome as TEs. Think Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, Darren Fells, Julius Thomas, Rico Gathers and some others. The big exception is Julius Peppers, who also would have been an all world TE had he played that...but he was more a FB player who played BB...the others are BB players who switched to FB. Their skills sets all kind of mirrored Zion's, but Zion is more freakish athlete than any of them. Gonzales is considered maybe the best TE ever...and Zion has everything he has plus more. TE is the position.
    After he retires from B-ball and football, might as well be an MLB catcher with bad knees. His plate blocking skills would be impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    After he retires from B-ball and football, might as well be an MLB catcher with bad knees. His plate blocking skills would be impressive.
    But can he conceal signs from the Houston Astros?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    But can he conceal signs from the Houston Astros?
    Zion can do and knows all. Similar to Bo.

This morning after seeing Zion get mentioned on SportsCenter, I realized how ridiculously excited I am to watch him play tomorrow night.

I'd really like to see him make a positive impact on the Pelicans and help them make the playoffs (if for no other reason than to keep JJ's streak alive...after all he did tell Zion not to f$# it up!)

Zion's amazing talents would be wasted on the OL or DL...yes, he's strong enough to do so, but it would waste his amazing jumping, hands, speed, lateral quickness. I've said, only half joking, that in 2 weeks time he could be the best TE the NFL has ever seen. That's the position that most aligns with his unprecedented skill set.
    Two way player. TE on offense, DE on defense.

I'd pay good money to see that. If just for a couple of games.
    Last edited by left_hook_lacey; 01-21-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Zion at QB! He'd be the untackle-able version of Lamar Jackson!

I'm down to just play 22 Zions, 1 at every position. Greatest football team of all time.

ESPN appears to be re-airing some of last year's Duke games to hype Zion's return. Duke-ND is on now.

When we were watching the fball games over the weekend, the Mrs. asked me, "How much money could Zion make being a goal line running back? Just take off from the 5 yard line and no amount of defenders would stop his momentum before he crossed the goal line."

Seriously, who would be able to stop him?

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    When we were watching the fball games over the weekend, the Mrs. asked me, "How much money could Zion make being a goal line running back? Just take off from the 5 yard line and no amount of defenders would stop his momentum before he crossed the goal line."

Seriously, who would be able to stop him?
    I feel momentum wouldn't matter all that much. Doesn't it seem like he'd be able to just jump over both the offensive and defensive lines to get into the end zone untouched? And probably do a 360 windmill dunk on the uprights while he's up there.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I feel momentum wouldn't matter all that much. Doesn't it seem like he'd be able to just jump over both the offensive and defensive lines to get into the end zone untouched? And probably do a 360 windmill dunk on the uprights while he's up there.
    Exactly. Cam Newton has made a living just being tall on the goal line and reaching over everyone... Imagine someone just body-surfing into the endzone 3 times a game and being a hall of famer in multiple sports

you think nike's got a full team on hand to test the shoes before the game?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Missed Zion. Can’t wait to see him just be on the floor even if only for a few minutes. His interview today was hilarious as he referenced his ‘meditating’ on the sideline while having to wait to make his debut. Truly happy to see him back. Ja deserves ROF but Zion deserves his own runway and some good health.

Happy Zion Day! I'm very curious to see how his debut impacts viewership for this evening's game. I'm expecting a lot of people to tune in. It sounds like the Pels held Zion out for longer than he needed to just heal from the knee repair so looking forward to a mobile - if a little out of basketball shape - Zion who does a few things only Zion an do.